*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 03, 2024, 08:02:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Best song of all time?  (Read 42215 times)

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Best song of all time?
« Reply #90 on: July 17, 2006, 07:02:55 PM »

Quote from: GWAR 3:16
Is it random shit when you make an effort to tell me about it, in what I can only guess was some sort of emotional purge?  
Emotional purge? When i bother to respond to you in-game, it's usually to your extreme hatred/bad-mouthing of judaism. All that seems to come out of you is violence, hate, and "nigger this..nigger that...burn the niggers..." No one's asking you to convert, it's just that you seem to have a skill where you're able to piss-off almost all people that you attempt to contact. You make acusations, and i respond. Go back to arguing about the Old Testament.
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

Elliott Smith

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Best song of all time?
« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2006, 07:04:03 PM »

How many times are you going to come back after you say you're done?  That says something about the content of your character, eh?

I'm going to translate what you said into emo talk so anyone who doesn't wear girl pants and cry when morrisey plays can understand:

"I Elliot am a big pussy and I only argue on the internet.  If I actually live close to someone who is willing to see how big my mouth is in person, I plead emo and say I don't like anger.  I am the perfect neutered American male, aggressive when there is no real consquence but quick to turn tail if any real conflict is offered."

Thats about the gist of what you say.  And you haven't responded to us getting together, you've said you have but you've failed to take the critical step of saying Yes I will or No I won't.  Although believe me, your cowardice shines through bright and clear.

I also like how you don't like anger, but have no problem with speaking angrily at someone.  You probably yell shit at people from moving cars.  I guess your real problem is if the anger is directed at you.

Were you a single child, or the child of a single parent?  If you taken any psych classes you will understand the import of that.

Nice clichĂ©, Martin.  Why don't you try affecting me with your words?
No, at the moment, I do not want to get together with you.  I realize that is not a straight-forward yes or no to your proposal, but I don't feel the need to offer one.  Hell, you just may win me over one day.
Your anger does not directly frighten me (it would be a little like fearing thunder may get me wet) but its potency is an indicator that you may be a physically violent lunatic.  Those, I fear.  One of them murdered my friend Jessie execution-style on her living room floor.  I don’t expect you to sympathize for her, and I would never believe you if you attempted to.  I simply get enjoyment from arguing with you.  Does it make me a hypocrite for verbally provoking you without the will to let it culminate in a physical battle?  No, unless you really are a physically violent lunatic, in which case that just makes me sensible.
My parents have been continually married to each other since before I was born, and I have siblings.

p.s. If you're against ad hominem arguments, don't illuminate my poor character.  That's ad hominem.  Dolt.

Elliott Smith

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Best song of all time?
« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2006, 07:08:08 PM »

No actually I meant 'for example,' which is the accepted meaning of EG.  Don't burn down before you go to class any more, its affecting your learning ability.

Yeah, well you "meant" something that didn't fit.  You should have "meant" that is.

GWAR 3:16

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Best song of all time?
« Reply #93 on: July 17, 2006, 07:11:14 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Wasserfaller
Emotional purge? When i bother to respond to you in-game, it's usually to your extreme hatred/bad-mouthing of judaism. All that seems to come out of you is violence, hate, and "nigger this..nigger that...burn the niggers..." No one's asking you to convert, it's just that you seem to have a skill where you're able to piss-off almost all people that you attempt to contact. You make acusations, and i respond. Go back to arguing about the Old Testament.

Actually, I rarely talk while I'm playing.  A lot of the older MAFIANS know that.  But nice job setting yourself up as the people's champion.  Any more easily disproven lies you want to try?

Burn the niggers?  Do they burn?  I'm going to start throwing matches on them then.

You seem to be confused...whe n have I ever said anything friendly to you?  Made small talk with you?  Made a friendly overture of any sort?

Never.  What does that tell you?  That I don't like you, and could care less if you like me.

And once again you respond with an argument about an argument.  No substance.

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Best song of all time?
« Reply #94 on: July 17, 2006, 07:13:59 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Elliott Smith
Yeah, well you "meant" something that didn't fit.  You should have "meant" that is.

I assume you put meant in quotes for a reason.  Is it a word you're unsure of?  Let me correct you like I did for EG.  You're learning all kinds of new words today aren't you?  Sometimes I wonder what your dad is paying your tuition for.

3 entries found for meant.
mean1    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (mn)
v. meant, (mnt) mean·ing, means
v. tr.

To be used to convey; denote: “‘The question is,’ said Alice, ‘whether you can make words mean so many different things’” (Lewis Carroll).
To act as a symbol of; signify or represent: In this poem, the budding flower means youth.
To intend to convey or indicate: “No one means all he says, and yet very few say all they mean, for words are slippery and thought is viscous” (Henry Adams).
To have as a purpose or an intention; intend: I meant to go running this morning, but I overslept.
To design, intend, or destine for a certain purpose or end: a building that was meant for storage; a student who was meant to be a scientist.
To have as a consequence; bring about: Friction means heat.
To have the importance or value of: The opinions of the critics meant nothing to him. She meant so much to me.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Best song of all time?
« Reply #95 on: July 17, 2006, 07:16:49 PM »

If you're saying that isn't overtly homosexual, you're a liar.  It even says fucking dyke in it.  It talks about young girls pleasing alice in her bed.  Men couldn't do it for her.  Once you finally admit that it is a song ABOUT homosexuality, if that isn't enough for you, I will gladly find other lyrics in which he either proclaims his homosexual tendencies or his solidarity with homosexual women.  Queers stick together.

We're not arguing about whether EJ is queer.  Thats a known fact.  The argument is over whether or not he promotes and/or sings about homosexuality.  Who writes the lyrics is irrelevant, as he is the performer and it is Elton John's 'All the girls love Alice.'  If we follow your logic far enough, Elton John would perform an anti-homosexual song if someone just 'wrote it for him.'

Ha, yes, that song is about a lesbian.  I thought I typed that in one of my other replies but I guess I forgot.  And since that is off the "Yellow Brick Road" album, I accidentally looked up that song's lyrics and they did not appear gay to me, so that is why I typed that it wasn't gay, I was referring to "Yellow Brick Road," not the "Alice" song.  I even linked it.  I have never even heard that song about Alice before, honestly, and like I said I'm not the biggest Elton John fan and I have never done an in-depth study of his lyrics.  The only thing I have been arguing all along is that he is a GOOD MUSICIAN.  And then when you posted the lyrics I just kept saying he writes the music, not lyrics, and that is what I mainly enjoy.  But now that you have foud the lyrics, congrats.  Ha, I don't even like that song though.  As I said before, I am a fan of the music, not the man.  

Since we are getting all detailed about it now, I like about 15 of his songs, and I have never heard the rest.  Once again, I am a fan of Elton John's musical talent.  Go ahead and find all the songs you want, you still can't take away from his ability as a wonderful musician.  That's what started this whole mess isn't, that the singer from Queen is gay so how can he have one of the best songs of all-time?  Or something like that.  I like the song "Brick" by Ben Folds Five.  To save you some time in looking it up in case you don't know it, its about an abortion.  Does that mean I support abortion?  No, I just like the song. Musically speaking, it is a good song.  I even like some rap songs, not for their message, but the way they make certain beats, musically, sounds good. Anyway, maybe we are arguing two different things, I don't know.  Here is my argument, short and sweet.  Elton John is a good musician.  Simple.

It must be nice to be able to pick and choose the parts of the bible you like and/or agree with, because that is what you're doing.

By the way, did you know that jews believe the New Testament isn't the word of god?  Also some stuff about boiling jesus in shit, him being a false prophet, all kinds of good stuff if you just bother to look.

I do not choose and pick parts of the Bible I like to agree with, that is NOT what I am doing.  You are wrong.  If you are referring to the verse about killing the gay people, go back and read that chapter.  I love how people try to argue about the Bible and take it out of context.  God is talking to Moses, he is commanding Moses to do those things.  He's not commanding me to do it.  I am not choosing to ignore it.  I know exactly what it is saying, you, however, do not.  Take some more verses out of context and tell me I only choose to believe some of them and I will shoot you down again and again.  This should be fun.  And yes I know that the Jews don't believe in the New Testament and that Jesus not being the Son of God, that is why they are Jewish and not Christian, and that is why they killed Him.  You're up.

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Best song of all time?
« Reply #96 on: July 17, 2006, 07:18:05 PM »

Actually, I rarely talk while I'm playing.  A lot of the older MAFIANS know that.  But nice job setting yourself up as the people's champion.  Any more easily disproven lies you want to try?

You seem to be confused...whe n have I ever said anything friendly to you?  Made small talk with you?  Made a friendly overture of any sort?

Never.  What does that tell you?  That I don't like you, and could care less if you like me.

And once again you respond with an argument about an argument.  No substance.

Actually i recall when you did randomly start typing full on monologues during game...It was when a play by the name of "Lamarr" said he was black during Liberation of Caen. You started spouting out shit about the "nigger lovers" and whatnot.
Once again you don't fully read what i put; I respond to these hateful things you randomly type in-game. I never said i engaged you in small talk, just that i respond to things you say. They aren't targeted toward me but to all "nigger lovers." I happen to have a black friend and i respond because i am according to you "a nigger lover."
Arguing about an argument? I just want you to drop this argument because you don't know me. If you did, then maybe you could argue it, but being an internet low-life you have no reason to verbally assail me. Go away, or focus all of your hateful comments at someone else who can respond more eloquently.

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Best song of all time?
« Reply #97 on: July 17, 2006, 07:21:28 PM »

No, at the moment, I do not want to get together with you.  I realize that is not a straight-forward yes or no to your proposal, but I don't feel the need to offer one.  Hell, you just may win me over one day.
Your anger does not directly frighten me (it would be a little like fearing thunder may get me wet) but its potency is an indicator that you may be a physically violent lunatic.  Those, I fear.  One of them murdered my friend Jessie execution-style on her living room floor.  I don’t expect you to sympathize for her, and I would never believe you if you attempted to.  I simply get enjoyment from arguing with you.  Does it make me a hypocrite for verbally provoking you without the will to let it culminate in a physical battle?  No, unless you really are a physically violent lunatic, in which case that just makes me sensible.
My parents have been continually married to each other since before I was born, and I have siblings.

p.s. If you're against ad hominem arguments, don't illuminate my poor character.  That's ad hominem.  Dolt.

Actually it isn't ad hominem, since it is based on easily proven circumstances.  You have repeatedly said you were done, right?  You have then instead come back, right?  Hardly an unmeritted attack on your character.

You know what the difference between you and poor Jessie is?  You're presumably a man.  Also, she probably didn't run her mouth on message boards, and fail to follow through with the physical part of being a internet tough guy.  See you have the talking down, we just need to work on the action part.  Anyway, I promise not to murder you.

In Elliot's world anyone who calls him on his bullshit is a violent lunatic.  What a neat little excuse.

By the way, how long have you been sitting on that thunder analogy?

Elliott Smith

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Best song of all time?
« Reply #98 on: July 17, 2006, 07:23:40 PM »

I assume you put meant in quotes for a reason.  Is it a word you're unsure of?  Let me correct you like I did for EG.  You're learning all kinds of new words today aren't you?  Sometimes I wonder what your dad is paying your tuition for.

3 entries found for meant.
mean1    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (mn)
v. meant, (mnt) mean·ing, means
v. tr.

To be used to convey; denote: “‘The question is,’ said Alice, ‘whether you can make words mean so many different things’” (Lewis Carroll).
To act as a symbol of; signify or represent: In this poem, the budding flower means youth.
To intend to convey or indicate: “No one means all he says, and yet very few say all they mean, for words are slippery and thought is viscous” (Henry Adams).
To have as a purpose or an intention; intend: I meant to go running this morning, but I overslept.
To design, intend, or destine for a certain purpose or end: a building that was meant for storage; a student who was meant to be a scientist.
To have as a consequence; bring about: Friction means heat.
To have the importance or value of: The opinions of the critics meant nothing to him. She meant so much to me.

More ad hominem attacks.  More popularly, a writer would have put the word meant in italics.  I used quotations, and it suits the same purpose, being that I quoted a particular area of your prose and emphasized it in my own particular prose.  
Neither of my parents pay for ANY of my tuition, cunt--something I am quite proud of thank you.

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Best song of all time?
« Reply #99 on: July 17, 2006, 07:26:52 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Wasserfaller
Actually i recall when you did randomly start typing full on monologues during game...It was when a play by the name of "Lamarr" said he was black during Liberation of Caen. You started spouting out shit about the "nigger lovers" and whatnot.
Once again you don't fully read what i put; I respond to these hateful things you randomly type in-game. I never said i engaged you in small talk, just that i respond to things you say. They aren't targeted toward me but to all "nigger lovers." I happen to have a black friend and i respond because i am according to you "a nigger lover."
Arguing about an argument? I just want you to drop this argument because you don't know me. If you did, then maybe you could argue it, but being an internet low-life you have no reason to verbally assail me. Go away, or focus all of your hateful comments at someone else who can respond more eloquently.

Wow you're a nigger lover?  I remember back about a year ago it was cool to be racist in MAFIA.  Or are we pretending it wasn't, now?  In fact, I remember you claiming, along with others here, to be a Nazi.  It kind of tied in with you being so proud of being German, if I remember correctly.  I think the real problem is that you haven't found out what you are yet.  Nigger lover is as good as any for you, I guess.

Once again you just respond with more tangents.  Are you trying to baffle with me bullshit?  You just keep saying go away, go away, but you want the last word so you can't stop.  

Don't worry, I'm a real life low-life too.  And verbally assail, haha.  Someone got out the thesaurus!

I really believe you have reading comprehension trouble.  I said I 'rarely' talk during gameplay, not I never talk.  Are you able to understand the difference and also understand why you claiming that you were the only thing standing in the way of me and my racism destroying the server?  Like I said, I rarely talk.  In fact, I think theres a post by BJ here that says that exact thing.

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Best song of all time?
« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2006, 07:30:26 PM »

More ad hominem attacks.  More popularly, a writer would have put the word meant in italics.  I used quotations, and it suits the same purpose, being that I quoted a particular area of your prose and emphasized it in my own particular prose.  
Neither of my parents pay for ANY of my tuition, cunt--something I am quite proud of thank you.

Really? More of them?  

Are you a writer?  I'm certainly not.  But you seemed to take issue with the world 'meant.'  Now you don't seem to know why...more bullshit from you instead of substance.  This is what you live for, isn't it?  All words, with no real conclusion, when it could be so easy but for your cowardice.  Aren't you in Greenville?

Elliott Smith

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Best song of all time?
« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2006, 07:32:58 PM »

Actually it isn't ad hominem, since it is based on easily proven circumstances.  You have repeatedly said you were done, right?  You have then instead come back, right?  Hardly an unmeritted attack on your character.

I don't remember saying that explicitly.  I understand that I could have implied it, and if I did, so be it.  I did not mean it though.
You know what the difference between you and poor Jessie is?  You're presumably a man.  Also, she probably didn't run her mouth on message boards, and fail to follow through with the physical part of being a internet tough guy.  See you have the talking down, we just need to work on the action part.  Anyway, I promise not to murder you.

That's kind of something I addressed earlier; I'm not trying to be a tough guy.  I'm only arguing with you as a sort of rhetorical exercise.  You're like a verbal punching bag, no offense.  I know you could crush me in a physical duel.  Not interested in proving it to you.  I do think we could get along, and it's really not out of the question, providing my friends came and providing you and we met in a crowded, lighted area.  You know, just to be sensible.  Believe it or not, I'm even more profoundly cynical than you, I feel.
In Elliot's world anyone who calls him on his bullshit is a violent lunatic.  What a neat little excuse.

No, your anger truly is potent.  This isn't a me vs. you argument.  Your anger is potent with or without me even existing.
By the way, how long have you been sitting on that thunder analogy?

A long, long time.

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Best song of all time?
« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2006, 07:35:12 PM »

Sorry, I just got a chuckle out of this again.  What was your friend's last name?  Or how about just when and where?  Combine this with your claims of the ak-47 toting drug dealers you hang out with(for someone so passive, you sure have mean friends), and my bullshit meter is pegged.

I don't even need a name, just a town and a date.

Elliott Smith

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Best song of all time?
« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2006, 07:38:08 PM »

Really? More of them?  

Are you a writer?  I'm certainly not.  But you seemed to take issue with the world 'meant.'  Now you don't seem to know why...more bullshit from you instead of substance.  This is what you live for, isn't it?  All words, with no real conclusion, when it could be so easy but for your cowardice.  Aren't you in Greenville?

Look, you lorded someone's misunderstandi ng of what you'd written over them, and I piped in to defend him.  Pardon me.  I write for a humor publication, but that's the extent of my writing career.  I'm not a professional writer, no.  All I meant was the word as the title of someone who has written something.  A writor, if you will.  And I don't live in Greenville.  Not sure where Greenville is, but I think you and I are near one another--2 hours or so.

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Best song of all time?
« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2006, 07:42:04 PM »

I don't remember saying that explicitly.  I understand that I could have implied it, and if I did, so be it.  I did not mean it though.

That's kind of something I addressed earlier; I'm not trying to be a tough guy.  I'm only arguing with you as a sort of rhetorical exercise.  You're like a verbal punching bag, no offense.  I know you could crush me in a physical duel.  Not interested in proving it to you.  I do think we could get along, and it's really not out of the question, providing my friends came and providing you and we met in a crowded, lighted area.  You know, just to be sensible.  Believe it or not, I'm even more profoundly cynical than you, I feel.

No, your anger truly is potent.  This isn't a me vs. you argument.  Your anger is potent with or without me even existing.

A long, long time.

Ah, now we get to the crux of the matter.  Elliot doesn't like me because he's a PC version of me, and all of his counter culture emo bullshit pales in comparison.  In other words, you aren't so radical as you would like to believe.  No blood for oil!

Bring some friends!  I'll bring some too.

You truly are the puppet master.  How I must amuse you, dancing at the ends of your strings. haha

The point you seem to miss is, when men insult other men, they are de facto trying to be tough guys.  But me and you, Elliot, me and you can live the dream and actually meet.  Think of all the millions of other shit talkers who would rally behind you as one of their own steps out from behind dull glow of the monitor.  

Either you were raised by a woman, or your father plopped you in front of the TV with little or no instruction.

By the way, is this explicit enough for you?  

Godspeed You Black Emperor! - Sleep: Murray Ostril (They Don't Sleep Anymore on the Beach); Monheim; broken windows, locks of love pt. III. / 3rd part Not the best, but really nice.

p.s. nevermind, I'm going to leave this GWAR business alone.

And that was back on page 2.
______________ ____
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 26 queries.