*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 08, 2024, 04:19:26 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Global Warming?  (Read 19544 times)

Lightning

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Global Warming?
« on: September 07, 2007, 07:38:58 PM »

When I heard a spokesperson from P.E.T.A. talking about the true issues around Global Warming I died Laughing.  Here is the newest reason for Global Warming.

Statement taken from: http://www.goveg.com/environment-globalwarming.asp

"In a groundbreaking 2006 report, the United Nations (U.N.) said that raising animals for food generates more greenhouse gases than all the cars and trucks in the world combined. Senior U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization official Henning Steinfeld reported that the meat industry is “one of the most significant contributors to today’s most serious environmental problems."

It looks like everyone wants on the Global Warming money train.  I am so glad it isn't true.  But I'm sure there are a few peeps on here that can handle explaining to me how they have proven that global warming exists.  Sounds Like its turning into a shitty subject.

*MAFIA* Vanilla

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Global Warming?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 08:14:26 PM »

we really havn't contributed that much to global warming, i mean we have a littl ebit but when a volcano erupts its produces so much co2 into the air i can't remember the numbers but its like 4 years of driving or something like that. and cows really do put alot of gases into the air. again i forgot the number i'll see if i can find it. but the earth goes in a cycle and we are just in a hot part of that cycle it won't cool off in our time but it will go back down and then back up again.
[

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 09:08:08 PM »

this isn't a "new strategy" global warming has always been attributed to them. Cows produce an assload of methane, which is bad for the environment and increases greenhouse gases. I don't care if it exists or not, it still wouldn't hurt in the least to at least improve gas consumption on cars or try to spread the use of solar panels and harnessing solar energy.

I can tell you're one of those people who no matter what isn't going to believe in global warming, don't really know why you started this thread since you know you're not going to change your mind. Anyway, even if it doesn't exist like you claim, what's the harm in reducing CO2 and Methane emissions? Or promoting solar energy?

Here's a little info on global warming...look s like pretty much no one agrees with you, sorry.

These basic conclusions have been endorsed by at least 30 scientific societies and academies of science, including all of the national academies of science of the major industrialized countries. A few individual scientists disagree with some of the main conclusions of the IPCC.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 09:12:11 PM by *MAFIA* Wasserfaller »
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 09:16:35 PM »

Vanillathrilla s response sounds more right than all of those dumbass scientists they are just happy they are getting paid to research something that isnt gonna occur in our lifetime or ever.

*MAFIA* Vanilla

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 09:24:08 PM »

thanks for liking me

Lightning

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 09:25:40 PM »

this isn't a "new strategy" global warming has always been attributed to them. Cows produce an assload of methane, which is bad for the environment and increases greenhouse gases. I don't care if it exists or not, it still wouldn't hurt in the least to at least improve gas consumption on cars or try to spread the use of solar panels and harnessing solar energy.

I can tell you're one of those people who no matter what isn't going to believe in global warming, don't really know why you started this thread since you know you're not going to change your mind. Anyway, even if it doesn't exist like you claim, what's the harm in reducing CO2 and Methane emissions? Or promoting solar energy?

Here's a little info on global warming...look s like pretty much no one agrees with you, sorry.

These basic conclusions have been endorsed by at least 30 scientific societies and academies of science, including all of the national academies of science of the major industrialized countries. A few individual scientists disagree with some of the main conclusions of the IPCC.

I think its funny that now Cow shit causes more greenhouse gases than all the cars in the world.  So everyone better now become vegetarians or your destroying the environment.

*MAFIA* Hellraiser

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.miller.14855377?sk=wall
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 09:28:18 PM »

Vanillathrillas response sounds more right than all of those dumbass scientists they are just happy they are getting paid to research something that isnt gonna occur in our lifetime or ever.
 See that is why we are having this problem today.  Alot of people are saying that.  You are right, it may not affect us, but look at the big picture, it could possiable effect your kids, your grand kids, or even your great grand kids.  We should try and take care of it now.  So that our future generations don't have to, they can use their time to work on a cure for cancer or even aids.  So people who say, it won't happen in our lifetime are really being quite selfish.  Hell even though I probably won't be around, and alot of you think I am a dickhead, I still want my kids and my future realitives to have a good life like me and not have to worry about shit that I done.  It is funny I belive in the whole global warming thing, but yet I drive a lifted V8 gas guzzling truck.  LOL, but I do recycle.  We need to start doing our part now.  

I think its funny that now Cow shit causes more greenhouse gases than all the cars in the world.  So everyone better now become vegetarians or your destroying the environment.
  No every vegitarian better become a meat eater so we can whip out the cow race!!  Eat more cows and fuck chicken.

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 09:58:07 PM »

Hellraiser is completely right, even if you don't think it exists (an ignorant viewpoint to begin with) it doesn't mean you should take up the attitude, "even if it does exist, it won't affect me, so fuck it!"

That's one of the most selfish approaches you can take, and i can't stress this enough, EVEN IF IT DOESN'T EXIST, why not conserver energy/water/fossil fuels (which WILL run out by the way) and try to explore alternative powers, like harnessing solar energy?

Some facts...

1) every academy of science agrees it exists (and don't give me that bullshit that "they're all in on it together to get money" who pays them for saying global warming exists, huh? It's not like they would profit from it, if anything they would be under huge pressure from oil industries NOT to say it exists)

2) only a select few individuals (scientists who know their shit) actually disagree, and they don't even deny global warming is happening, they're just arguing over the causes (humans vs. cattle, that sort of thing).

3) fossil fuels will run out, why not explore solar energy or at least trying cleaning up the environment? if you're against that, then you're basically saying "it won't affect me, fuck my children and grand children, i'll leave my mess for them"

*MAFIA* MAGGOT

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
  • OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 10:11:51 PM »

well, seems like this is gonna be "boneheads good ol' debate thread" he has ever longed for

"At some point in their lives, 1 in 6 children will be abducted by the dutch." ~The fact core, Portal 2.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 10:34:06 PM »

bah, you all passed the big picture by doing 250mph, there wont be enough time for anything to happen...

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 10:47:28 PM »

bah, you all passed the big picture by doing 250mph, there wont be enough time for anything to happen...
we'll end up nuking ourselves first, eh? Most likely, there's enough nukes around to destroy the world numerous times over.

Boemann (nl)

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 03:10:12 AM »

Well the global warming defenitally exists, but we will just have to live with it. We aren't getting anywhere near to solving this. Oh yeah sure there are some solutions given by the politicians but come on, they don't do shit against global warming...

Take low-energy light bulbs for example, everyone should use them was said a while back by one of the dutch ministers. Lighting things takes up about 2% of the worlds total energy use, with low-energy light bulbs you will save like 50%, ok so one percent. One percent is fucking nothing and it won't stop global warming. Its not only the dutch ministers, but people all over the damn world who just watch TV and copy everything they say there.

Its impossible to talk about this subject if you don't know the facts. All solutions to solve global warming will simply not solve it. They will take away a few percentages of the worlds energy use, but look at india and china. China is opening a new coal fired power station every week. India is getting more and more industrial --> they will need more energy --> they will start building those relatively cheap coal plants too --> more pollution.

Look at Africa, ok maybe they live in horrible conditions there, but they are used to it, they don't know better. What if the economy there suddently starts to rise and they will start industrialisin g too? Yep more fucking coal plants because they can't affort 'clean' nuclear plants (ofcourse they aren't clean, but they have far less waste than coal plants). If this happens we're screwed, because all the fossile fuels are endless. In fact, my generation will experience that there will be no more oil. The reserves are for +/- 40 years, calculated on todays energy needs. If the econom in those 3rd world countries starts to rise it will be even less..
The global warming can't be solved unless we really drasticly change our way of life, and because we won't we will just have to deal with it!
I'm not saying that we shouldn't do something about it, but its just impossible with todays solutions to fight global warming.

MeZmoriZe

• Forum Member
  • The Emo Wonder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2007, 05:56:57 AM »

Global Warming=False.

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2007, 07:12:34 AM »

ManBearPig

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2007, 07:14:45 AM »

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 27 queries.