*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 04, 2024, 06:48:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Gazala before Man…  (Read 2126 times)

Loaded

Gazala before Man…
« on: May 03, 2005, 08:19:15 AM »

I guess this is what Gazala looked like in 2,000,000 BC. Nothing worse then going on the server and going back in time.

How many ppl have seen something like this and said “WTF”?

MeZmoriZe

• Forum Member
  • The Emo Wonder
    • View Profile
Gazala before Man…
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 12:31:54 PM »

I haven't, but it looks pretty bad.  It looks like people need to hurry up and populate so they can build some houses to hide in when the Adolf Hitler Squad comes and tries to take it over.

Loaded

Gazala before Man…
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 02:31:02 PM »

Maybe it's a 56k thing... I think what happens is that I connect and get in the middle of the transmit of what the map is, sometimes I get kicked (I did this time) and sometimes I don't, once I hit a spawn point and spawn all is good. LOL you should see what it looks like when it happens in one of the city maps, can you say “Nuke”.

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Gazala before Man…
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 02:49:24 PM »

People get that sometimes. I believe it's a graphics card glitch, but I have no clue. It never happened to me before, but i hear of it happening to other people every so often.

Loaded

Gazala before Man…
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 03:41:53 PM »

Could be a card thing I guess... I was thinking more of that I am not getting the info I need on my computer from the server to show the objects (56k conection). Isn't that the way it works? You get map info from the server?

It has NEVER happen playing SP.

FYI... This isn't something that happens alot, maybe 1 out of 50 times of joining a game.

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Gazala before Man…
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 08:11:46 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Loaded
Could be a card thing I guess... I was thinking more of that I am not getting the info I need on my computer from the server to show the objects (56k conection). Isn't that the way it works? You get map info from the server?

It has NEVER happen playing SP.

FYI... This isn't something that happens alot, maybe 1 out of 50 times of joining a game.

Well I know this happened to Pat and Beetlejuice both (both on high speed) within the last 2 days (dont remember when exactly) so I doubt it's your connection. What kind of system do you have anyway?

Loaded

Gazala before Man…
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2005, 10:23:09 PM »

MY box is home made... ASUS P4 Mobo, P-4 1.8, 1g sdram, ATI 9600 128mb (O.C.) v-card, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card, 3 HDs  WDs... 120g, back ups drives for stuff >>> 10g & 5g, 1 BENQ DVD / CD  burner (DW1620), 1 Hitachi DVD and the old and true 3 1/2" floppy.

I know old time for a new one, some day.

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Gazala before Man…
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2005, 11:52:14 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Loaded
MY box is home made... ASUS P4 Mobo, P-4 1.8, 1g sdram, ATI 9600 128mb (O.C.) v-card, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card, 3 HDs  WDs... 120g, back ups drives for stuff >>> 10g & 5g, 1 BENQ DVD / CD  burner (DW1620), 1 Hitachi DVD and the old and true 3 1/2" floppy.

I know old time for a new one, some day.

Well that system should be fine for playing battlefield. I have no clue what causes this but like I said Pat and Beetle both had this happen to them recently, I guess its just something that happens.

Loaded

Gazala before Man…
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2005, 05:45:29 AM »

Yes it works just fine, I have all the settings maxed out... I was thinking... When it is time to make a new one is when I get in game and everyone is loaded before me. LOL by looking at it that way, there still are ppl taking 2 min+ to load up (I know that is a ram thing), poor ppl.

NOW BF2 I think is going to be a different story... Min CPU is 1.6, so that looks like low settings for me. I was thinking of getting a new P-4 2.4 (thats the biggest I can go with my board) and another stick of 512 ram, but I don't know if it would be worth it... What do you think? AND who knows if BF2 will even have a setting for 56k to play it on line, oh well.

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Gazala before Man…
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2005, 06:30:27 AM »

Well my suggestion to you is this. If you want to have a decent experience with BF2 I suggest you make an investment ;). I don't know what your money limit is but if you do enough searching you can get a nice motherboard, cpu, and some RAM for rather cheap.

I looked real quick (seriously, like 5 minutes) and found a nice motherboard and processor that will run BF2 just fine. Motherboard and Processor.  Now I only looked real quick and found those two things for a relatively low price, depending on what you can spend. Now if you can't spend that much you could go with a socket 754 or even an Intel if you so choose. Now as for the RAM, I would suggest a gig (dual channel if you have the money) but if you don't have the money for dual channel a gig of single channel will be fine too.

EDIT: Oh and don't be scared by that processor's operating frequency, AMDs always run slower than Intels. I have a 3500+ that fucking pwns the shit out of my old P4 2.4 and it only runs at 2.2 GHz.

Loaded

Gazala before Man…
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2005, 07:31:48 AM »

Thanks for the links... I have NO money (I don't have any) problems at all, BUT the wife will have the problem.

When it comes time (when the wife says) I really want to go with some type of ASUS board, I don't know why, but I love that company. The board I have looked at is the A8N-SLI Deluxe (that is Athlon 64 board) I have never worked with a Athlon CPU, but I would like to try. CPU and ram I haven't really looked at, just like anything when the time comes cost will be lower.

BUT I assume you are saying don't waist the money for the 2.4 and another stick of ram... If you think about it what you said above (less new ram) it would cost the the same or a bit less. My problem is because of my ram I have now, I don't think I could find a board to take it so I would HAVE to get new ram as well with the board.

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Gazala before Man…
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2005, 09:14:23 AM »

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=140713&AFFIL=pg&NR=1

Some good RAM. As you can see, the price reflects the quality of it. I mean you can get a gig of ram for maybe $80, but if you were going for quality RAM that you know will be good and work well, you will have to spend a bit more.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 28 queries.