*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 11, 2024, 06:38:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Poll

Prop8.

yes
- 11 (61.1%)
no
- 7 (38.9%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Prop 8.  (Read 12304 times)

*MAFIA* masebot1

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Mason's art site
Prop 8.
« on: October 19, 2008, 11:11:03 AM »

*MAFIA* MAGGOT

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
  • OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN
    • View Profile
Re: Prop 8.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 11:23:46 AM »

no on 8= letting queers get married
yes on 8= not letting queers get married

If i could i would vote no on 8. I just see people voting yes on 8 as those who's only defense is 'god said.......... .' which is stupid, i could care less if there are people out there that like other dudes nasty ass's, as long as they are happy and not trying to get me to slob on there knob,im fine with them being gay.

"At some point in their lives, 1 in 6 children will be abducted by the dutch." ~The fact core, Portal 2.

Ransom

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 11:26:33 AM »

I really cant believe in people these days.  I am a Christian and do not believe in the marriage between two people of the same sex.  Im totally fine with Civil Unions however, but the use of the word marriage is the difference for me.  Marriage is a religious word that can only mean the marriage of a man and a woman.  Now if they were fighting for Civil Unions, I would not have a problem supporting their efforts.

*MAFIA* MAGGOT

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
  • OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 11:42:08 AM »

If i could i would vote no on 8. I just see people voting yes on 8 as those who's only defense is 'god said.......... .' which is stupid,

Kinda proving my point?
I really cant believe in people these days.  I am a Christian and do not believe in the marriage between two people of the same sex.  Im totally fine with Civil Unions however, but the use of the word marriage is the difference for me.  Marriage is a religious word that can only mean the marriage of a man and a woman.  Now if they were fighting for Civil Unions, I would not have a problem supporting their efforts.

Ransom

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 11:50:08 AM »

Kinda proving my point?

No not really.  When reffering to the word marriage you need to take different perspectives.  I did not say that it would be bad to have Civil Unions, but the word marriage refers the the marriage between two people UNDER a certain religion.  Since it is against the Christian religion's beliefs it therefore cannot be considered a civil right.  Get it yet?

*MAFIA* OUTLAW

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Deus Absconditus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 11:57:22 AM »

I also agree on the religious definition of marriage only between a man and a woman.

Without using religious references, I just think being gay is morally wrong. I don't care about scientists saying they've viewed homosexuality by watching other animals in nature. Other animals weren't given the intelligence humans were given. I am also a strong dis-believer that people are born with genes that make them gay. If any kids are introduced into a gay environment, they might make opinions of their own and think being gay is alright. Now with the government allowing the marriage of same sex couples, more people are going to want to be gay. YAY

*MAFIA* MAGGOT

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
  • OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 12:15:19 PM »

No not really.  When reffering to the word marriage you need to take different perspectives.  I did not say that it would be bad to have Civil Unions, but the word marriage refers the the marriage between two people UNDER a certain religion.  Since it is against the Christian religion's beliefs it therefore cannot be considered a civil right.  Get it yet?

No i dont get it yet, for one main point......can other religions other than christians get married? Or would that fall under that civil union you are stating? The way i see it, it shouldnt be just a christian, god thing, i think anyone should have the right to be wed. But seeing as you all are christians, i take it you are just gonna give me some bullshit about how it is wrong and they need to be stoned to death seeing as they dont agree with your beliefs. Whatever floats your boat.Im just saying it doesn't seem very fair that hetro peeps can get married and their spouse can be added to their insurance or healthcare shit (not sure what all they can be added on,never been married,im just 17,never really thought about it) doesn't seem right.
just the way i see it

*MAFIA* Hellraiser

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.miller.14855377?sk=wall
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2008, 01:57:35 PM »

Fuck it, I vote Masebot is gay!  Anyway, I really don't care either way if they get married or not.  I know it is a news flash, but I am far from religious.  I don't care if they get married, live together, or just fucking die.  I just don't want them hitting on me. 

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 04:31:57 PM »

If i could i would vote no on 8. I just see people voting yes on 8 as those who's only defense is 'god said.......... .' which is stupid, i could care less if there are people out there that like other dudes nasty ass's, as long as they are happy and not trying to get me to slob on there knob,im fine with them being gay.
Ditto.

My view on gay marriage is "if you don't like gay marriage, don't marry one." It's not that difficult. Ya maggot has a point there alright, everyone who keeps saying "YES ON 8!!!111" just argues that "the bible defines marriage as...blah blah."

There's already a pretty important rule we have called separation of church and state, so regardless of what your religion or your god says should or should not be done, your argument is void. Laws cannot be based on religious doctrine, so give equal rights or gtfo.
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

Ransom

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 05:06:07 PM »

There's already a pretty important rule we have called separation of church and state, so regardless of what your religion or your god says should or should not be done, your argument is void. Laws cannot be based on religious doctrine, so give equal rights or gtfo.

So that still gives the right to the churches to reject the marriage if they please.  The government does not have the power to control the religion as long as it follows the rules of society.  Churches also have the power to reject any citizen, so therefore these marriages can not take place under religions that do not allow it.  Separation between church and state at its fullest.  Civil Unions FTW!

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2008, 06:59:06 PM »

So that still gives the right to the churches to reject the marriage if they please. 
that's called discrimination .

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2008, 08:23:52 PM »

HA HA I love it when church going people get their knickers in a twist over gay people. Grow the fuck up, they are everywhere. Shit... Ransom and Outllaw have never even dipped their pecker in a woman. This stuff really annoys you does'nt it LOL. Fly over the pond and I'll hook you up fellas.

*MAFIA* masebot1

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Mason's art site
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2008, 08:35:43 PM »

Who deleted my third option?

Ransom

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2008, 09:24:05 PM »

HA HA I love it when church going people get their knickers in a twist over gay people. Grow the fuck up, they are everywhere. Shit... Ransom and Outllaw have never even dipped their pecker in a woman. This stuff really annoys you does'nt it LOL. Fly over the pond and I'll hook you up fellas.

Who gives a flying fuck if you care about other people's religious activities.  As far as I can see you are the one that needs to grow the fuck up and pull your head out of your ass.  The thing that annoys me is people like you pressing your beliefs on things that you dont need to.  Believe what you want.

Lightning

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2008, 09:57:35 PM »

Seriously does anyone really read what is involved in a proposition before they post there un-educated comments.  This isnt just about gay marriage.  I don't have a problem if people want to be gay.  But don't think if your gay, you have the right ti infringe on my constitutional rights.  That gay bashing line is just what the anti-religious liberal left wants you to think.  I will be voting yes on prop 8.  And here are the reasons why.

1.  Children in public schools will have to be taught that same-sex marriage is just as good as traditional marriage.

I don't think that public or private schools should be forced to teach something that they don't believe is fundamentally appropriate.  I also don't want the schools teaching my children something I don't agree with.

2.Churches may be sued over their tax exempt status if they refuse to allow same-sex marriage ceremonies.

Yes the church will have to follow the laws of the state of California.  Not only has the state taken away your right to speak on any type of religious excerpt at work, now they are going to come into the church and tell the church what they have to teach and accept. 

3. Ministers who preach against same-sex marriages may be sued for hate speech and risk government fines.

More state control of what the church has to say!

I understand what people are saying about ohh the bible says this and that so it should be wrong.  This is so much more than allowing people to accept gay marriage.  First and foremost, marriage was a religious creation and design.  Only in the recent past has the state created a position of justice of the peace to perform marriage ceremonies to wed people.  Prop 8 is a way to stop the all out assault on the church.  I don't understand why people are so against the one organization that gives more to the community than any other organization in the world.  Its amazing that the leaders that are pushing so hard for this prop to fail and freedom of speech, are the same ones that are actually infringing on my first amendment right to the freedom of religion.  Think about what its going to be like in 20 years when you have kids and you don't have the right to teach them any of your core values and beliefs if they don't go hand in hand with the beliefs of the state.  The creation of the civil union has provided gays and lesbians with all the fundamental rights of any one else married.  I think the real question here is "do you think its ok for for the state to tell you how to live your life and what to believe in!"  If yes then please vote no on 8

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 34 queries.