*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 14, 2024, 01:11:10 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Toyota Truck  (Read 2436 times)

*MAFIA* Tin_man_©

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Toyota Truck
« on: August 15, 2010, 04:54:46 PM »

I know these aren't toyota forums, but ill post pics anyway to show you guys the stuff i do on a regular basis... A buddy of mine and I are rebuilding my yota that i totaled about a month ago, we stripped it down to the frame and scrapped the cab and bed. We found a new cab to put on the good frame for 150 bucks. You may wonder why go through all the trouble, lol its a hobby.

:shoot:

*MAFIA* Hellraiser

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.miller.14855377?sk=wall
Re: Toyota Truck
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 05:04:58 PM »

Gotta love Rednecks!!!

MaNiX

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 06:34:31 PM »

I thought you were gonna buy another one. Id rather have the older body style as well, so I dont blame ya for fixin it. However, before you go putting the body back on, Do yourself a favor and put some undercoating on that thing. Although I dont think I should have to tell you this.
I trashed my old one a while ago as you know :crybaby:  However I just got a good deal on this one after waiting about 5 months to find one I liked.

http://a.imageshack.us/img408/8768/yota2.jpg

Loaded

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 06:43:49 PM »

Being a mechanic myself, I understand 100% why you are doing it. Why not. BUT the wood block? Not worth it, come up with something better, if anything I would have laid under the truck and reached above and over.

Myself I would have tried a open cap concept, by the other photos I think you could have been able to do it with just a A-pillar replacement and tried to straighten the Bs.

Undercoating.. . Wont help, just make it worse, if... You don't blast before you add it, just adding undercoating will keep the rust enclosed (seen or unseen) and the rust will eat faster then being in the open air.

MaNiX

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 06:53:54 PM »

Undercoating... Wont help, just make it worse, if... You don't blast before you add it, just adding undercoating will keep the rust enclosed (seen or unseen) and the rust will eat faster then being in the open air.
[/quote]
Of course. Being a hobby I would hope he is gonna restore it properly.

*MAFIA* Tin_man_©

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 12:42:34 PM »

Being a mechanic myself, I understand 100% why you are doing it. Why not. BUT the wood block? Not worth it, come up with something better, if anything I would have laid under the truck and reached above and over.

Lol, the whole point of this process is to REcoat the frame, the only rust u can see is surface rust only, we are in the process now of sandblasting the current frame, this frame has never been repaired as far as Ghetto patching goes, very sold and like I said surface rust only. I will be cutting the IFS out and installing my leaf hangers once my damn kit arrives. While my buddy welds in the shackles, shock towers etc etc, I will be working on the engine. Enging runs incrediably well, however while its easy access, I will do my timing belt, water pump, and timing accessories like tentioners.

This is not the way rednecks function, there job in this matter would consist of houshold paint for frame coating wooden blocks and hockey pucks for suspention lift... It's fun and it is semi what i specialize in.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 26 queries.