*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 05, 2024, 11:54:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: ban for b ship?  (Read 2633 times)

MadMedic

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
ban for b ship?
« on: September 18, 2005, 02:47:10 PM »

Earlier I was playing on the el al battleship (just found it today) and some MAFIA people didn't care or tell me it was bad or anything. Just like 2 hours later another MAFIA guy banned me for trying to get onto the battleship? whats up with that? and please unban me i like to play on your server and there was no freakin reason to ban me

*MAFIA* Phantom

ban for b ship?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 03:03:10 PM »

Well, I wasn't the one that banned you but here's why. When you and whoever else go up on the battleships it creates lag for OTHER people in the server. Snake Pliskin and I'm sure many other public players are affected by this lag and it aggrivates them. All because you and the others that go up there want to ignor admin requests to stay off of the floating battleships. So since you are disrupting other people's gameplay you were banned. Hopefully you can stay off the battleships so everyone that is playing on our server has a lag free environment.

ThaSnyper

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Never2Fast
ban for b ship?
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 04:06:50 PM »

This might be a stupid question...but why does it create lag?

StEwIe_GrIfFiN

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
ban for b ship?
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 04:38:51 PM »

i bet it creats lag because that map isn't designed to have a battleship in it and plus the battleship is so high in the air, its just not common to have a flying battleship. i mean ive never really seen one.

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
ban for b ship?
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 04:41:43 PM »

Don't worry about it, kinda hard to explain. Anyways I fixed it, so whoever banned him can unban him.

Snake Pliskin

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
ban for b ship?
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2005, 05:08:29 PM »

Its not the first time they can all think about it for a bit. :002:

Boemann (nl)

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
ban for b ship?
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 06:15:00 AM »

just a bit of wondering, if the battleship makes everyone lagy, then why do we have a battleship, if no1 can go on it with out making everyone lagy? I mean, what can you do with it? oh and btw, i only managed to get up there 1ce, damn that thing is high

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
ban for b ship?
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2005, 04:18:09 PM »

UNBANN HIM, hes a really nice to me, and I think he deserves to be warned.  And he plays on 1.61, so it aint like the ship will create that much lag.  RAISE YOUR HANDS FOR GREEK CATHOLICS!

Dealer

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
ban for b ship?
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2005, 07:55:21 AM »

Well if you were told not to take it down you shouldn't try to get it down. But if you weren't told then that was an unfair ban.

I really think someone should just add like a server messege saying not to take that down or just plain take it out of the map.

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
ban for b ship?
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2005, 06:58:57 PM »

GREEK ORTHODOX CATHOLICS OWN!

Rahl

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
ban for b ship?
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2005, 11:53:28 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Dealer
Well if you were told not to take it down you shouldn't try to get it down. But if you weren't told then that was an unfair ban.

I really think someone should just add like a server messege saying not to take that down or just plain take it out of the map.

Isn't there already a message?  Something like "Lowering the ships will get you banned?"  Seems to me there used to be something like that, because when I was a newblet, I was all, "ZOMG, what ship are you talking about?"  Then Ins4n3 killed me.

Rat

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
ban for b ship?
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2005, 12:11:49 AM »

I know there was a message along time ago when the Subs were on that map.

*MAFIA* Phantom

ban for b ship?
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2005, 01:15:38 AM »

The reason we cannot take the ships out is because of how the spawn points are set up on el_alamein. Battleships have spawn points so we just take them off the battleship and move them someplace else, that is why no body can spawn on the battleships in el_alamein.

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
ban for b ship?
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2005, 01:55:40 AM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Rahl
Isn't there already a message?  Something like "Lowering the ships will get you banned?"  Seems to me there used to be something like that, because when I was a newblet, I was all, "ZOMG, what ship are you talking about?"  Then Ins4n3 killed me.

What are all theses stories of me killing everyone when they were a nub? I don't remember these things!

And yes, Phantom pretty much summed it up as to why the ships are there. The ships locations have been moved and they have been placed so high it would take around 10 minutes to get up there. Not only that, buy would have to be going 100% perfectly straight up in a turbo plane or you would eventually drift out of bounds. Hell it took me about 5-6 minutes goinng straight up, as fast as I could, in freecam.

Problem solved.

CLOSED
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 02:07:05 AM by Ins4n3 »

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 27 queries.