*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 14, 2024, 08:36:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: My Video card  (Read 3769 times)

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
My Video card
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2006, 06:54:23 PM »

Well hell beeps once all is fine then beeps like crazy when you pop that "DEAD" video card in hmm...  Best of luck.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
My Video card
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2006, 06:56:33 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Bonehead
Well hell beeps once all is fine then beeps like crazy when you pop that "DEAD" video card in hmm...  Best of luck.

nono, it beeps once in the correct PCI slot, when i put it in the PCIE2 slot it beeps bad.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
My Video card
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2006, 07:26:28 PM »

Even so I still say the card is bad. do you have another card you can try? a friends?

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
My Video card
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2006, 02:04:26 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Bonehead
Even so I still say the card is bad. do you have another card you can try? a friends?

thats what im doing today =)

Loaded

My Video card
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2006, 08:50:54 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* ßlåkjáx
also i cleared the CMOS, why would i reset the BIOS, i dont know how first of all, and second, i havent even got the comp working to put anything on the BIOS, so did u realy mean BIOS loaded?

Bios is what you go into to set the computer up BEFORE adding the OS. YOU didn't have to do anything, the BIOS dose allot with out you even opening it. The BIOS does "auto" settings that is in the program and somethings that program is wrong for NEWER computer parts (like your GPU) or OLDER parts. That is why I asked you to clear the bios and add only the things I told you to try one by one. This way if there was a problem with one of your pieces of hardware, you would know what piece that was when ( if ) you lost your screen again, that is IF you would had seen something on the screen from just using the v-card and keyboard.

About the CMOS... The cmos is more or less the "chip" that the BIOS "program" is stored on. So when someone says "Clear the CMOS" you are clearing the "added" commands to the bios, but NOT the bios program itself. The reason the bios program is not removed is because it is "burned" (flashed) to the chip and the reason you can remove (clear the bios) the commands from the bios is because that is "written" to the chip.

BIOS= basic input output system

CMOS= complementary metal oxide semiconductor

Well I hope it works out for you... It would suck if you get a new card and find out it was a "under" powered PSU or bad bios setting, both we have talked about... MAYBE your last PSU wasn't DOA and you killed it when you tried to start it up to a mother board that needed much more power that the PSU couldn't deliver. I hope it works out for you, good luck.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
My Video card
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2006, 07:02:08 PM »

thanks for all the help loaded, your my new hero =) hah, hopefully ill get this pos working.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 28 queries.