*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 17, 2024, 06:56:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Membership registration questions....  (Read 6590 times)

Evil Moose of Doom

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Membership registration questions....
« on: February 20, 2005, 11:05:12 PM »

Hello...
I have a couple of questions concerning membership duties....

1. I noticed that in your statement where you discussed weeding out the inactive members, could you give a general idea of how often members should be active on the mafia ventrilo channels, active on servers, etc...what is the miminum amount of time one should spend? 1 day a week, 3, 7 days a week? It might be entirely possible I may not be able to devote a large amount of time to playing during a week, depending on my workload....

2. How does one get banned from Mafia servers? I had an issue with a mafia member that would spend the entire gameplay time spamming the chat function with the word "ownage"...I don't mind playing with someone that may know the map better than I do, or mind playing with someone that has more skill than I do (I don't get mad, I just force myself to play better) but for someone to sit there and spew the same word over and over, for hours at a time does get a bit irritating.... I find the best way to "pwn" someone is to score a gigantic body count, and not sit there and engage in a verbal diarrhea..in other words, shut up and play.....lol.. .I responded, he gets to stay, and I get banned. I was suprised that the individual who banned me didn't ask the guy to be quiet...the funny part is that I actually enjoyed playing on mafia servers up until that time, as I am a little too old to play with people that take themselves way too seriously (like most clans do), the mafia server was an incredible change of pace for a game that I had tired of playing right before I found the mafia servers. It is weird thinking of getting excited to play games again, I actually went out and bought an improved video card to better enjoy the game, and then I ran across the one mafia member that ruined it. I apologize for my behavior on your server, but maybe I misunderstood what the whole point of your server is about. I started playing the servers, and did not try even one modification, I was under the impression that testing my normal game-playing skill against others was how the mafia server was to be played...when in fact it is a completely different mode of thought; it appears to be about having some fun again with video games, to be able to go beyond the original game parameters.

Anyway, I would like to join up, but understand if that is not a possibility.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 11:06:01 PM by Evil Moose of Doom »

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2005, 11:45:23 PM »

We're not taking any more join requests right now, an announcement will undoubtedly be posted when we are.

Toblerone

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 11:49:16 PM »

Quote from: Evil Moose of Doom
Hello...
I have a couple of questions concerning membership duties....

1. I noticed that in your statement where you discussed weeding out the inactive members, could you give a general idea of how often members should be active on the mafia ventrilo channels, active on servers, etc...what is the miminum amount of time one should spend? 1 day a week, 3, 7 days a week? It might be entirely possible I may not be able to devote a large amount of time to playing during a week, depending on my workload....

2. How does one get banned from Mafia servers? I had an issue with a mafia member that would spend the entire gameplay time spamming the chat function with the word "ownage"...I don't mind playing with someone that may know the map better than I do, or mind playing with someone that has more skill than I do (I don't get mad, I just force myself to play better) but for someone to sit there and spew the same word over and over, for hours at a time does get a bit irritating.... I find the best way to "pwn" someone is to score a gigantic body count, and not sit there and engage in a verbal diarrhea..in other words, shut up and play.....lol.. .I responded, he gets to stay, and I get banned. I was suprised that the individual who banned me didn't ask the guy to be quiet...the funny part is that I actually enjoyed playing on mafia servers up until that time, as I am a little too old to play with people that take themselves way too seriously (like most clans do), the mafia server was an incredible change of pace for a game that I had tired of playing right before I found the mafia servers. It is weird thinking of getting excited to play games again, I actually went out and bought an improved video card to better enjoy the game, and then I ran across the one mafia member that ruined it. I apologize for my behavior on your server, but maybe I misunderstood what the whole point of your server is about. I started playing the servers, and did not try even one modification, I was under the impression that testing my normal game-playing skill against others was how the mafia server was to be played...when in fact it is a completely different mode of thought; it appears to be about having some fun again with video games, to be able to go beyond the original game parameters.

Anyway, I would like to join up, but understand if that is not a possibility.

I have nothing to do with member management so I cannot answer your first question.

However in answer to your second question: I believe there is only one person who is banned from any of our servers. And we currently have no bans on our dcf server. It is extremely difficult to get banned. And that person (I wont name any names) was involved in malicious activity against mafia.

Boemann (nl)

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2005, 11:53:00 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Toblerone
I have nothing to do with member management so I cannot answer your first question.

However in answer to your second question: I believe there is only one person who is banned from any of our servers. And we currently have no bans on our dcf server. It is extremely difficult to get banned. And that person (I wont name any names) was involved in malicious activity against mafia.

shame that such ppl live on this planet!!!

*MAFIA* Phantom

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2005, 03:42:25 AM »

Sounds like you didn't do anything to deserve a ban. And incase you were wondering, you can go back in the server again and hopefully this time enjoy a longer stay. lol

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 04:59:42 AM »

Who was it that banned you? and who was saying owned? I will not put up with that kind of crap someone banning you for telling them to shut up if you would like please send me a pm or you can reply to this post I want everyone to have fun on our servers and you are more than welcome anytime.

And I would not worrie about joining just yet as we have some cleaning to do first. And if you want to know I dont mean people has to live on the servers (ventrilo,website) they need to use them on a regular basis that means if you play from 1am to 3am then you can make one post and hope on ven and say hi it isnt hard and not much to ask.

But as I said we are not taking any applications at the time.

Evil Moose of Doom

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2005, 09:33:49 AM »

My BF player username is:

ButtSlappingPi rate

I am banned from at least one of your servers....if you compare IP addresses, the one I am signing on with, and the banned IP address, you should have something a little better to go on. And unless I am mistaken, I believe it was Bonehead who banned me for retaliating against the other mafia member who wouldn't shush a bit and play..lol...bu t I can't remember who it was exactly, I just went to another server that evening. I was not too upset about it at the time, other than being kicked off of a server that I was actually having fun on for a change, but I have friends locally that now seem to live on your server (the AMF 'clan'...who mainly consists of a mother, father, and a son all playing the same game in the same room..lol), and of course, I can't join in...

Like I said, I do apologize for my behavior, even if I am not admitted at a later date.

Late

Evil Moose of Doom

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2005, 09:40:17 AM »

Quote from: Evil Moose of Doom
My BF player username is:

ButtSlappingPi rate

I am banned from at least one of your servers....if you compare IP addresses, the one I am signing on with, and the banned IP address, you should have something a little better to go on. And unless I am mistaken, I believe it was Bonehead who banned me for retaliating against the other mafia member who wouldn't shush a bit and play..lol...bu t I can't remember who it was exactly, I just went to another server that evening. I was not too upset about it at the time, other than being kicked off of a server that I was actually having fun on for a change, but I have friends locally that now seem to live on your server (the AMF 'clan'...who mainly consists of a mother, father, and a son all playing the same game in the same room..lol), and of course, I can't join in...

Like I said, I do apologize for my behavior, even if I am not admitted at a later date.

Late

Um, I need to modify my 'banishment' statement...I appear to be banned only on the MAFIA NoRules CTF modified 1.61 server...I can get on the other one...oops, sorry for the mistake....

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2005, 11:04:47 AM »

Hmmm I just checked and it did say I banned you however I was at work when it happend so someone else was using my name that has admin. I will look into it your ban was removed and please accept my apologies.

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2005, 11:09:04 AM »

Uh ohhhhhh, I smell a root ban in the near future.

Evil Moose of Doom

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2005, 02:04:43 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Bonehead
Hmmm I just checked and it did say I banned you however I was at work when it happend so someone else was using my name that has admin. I will look into it your ban was removed and please accept my apologies.

No, thank you for allowing me to come back onto your server. I would still like to join....maybe if there are openings later on?

Thanks,
Elliott

Loaded

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2005, 02:29:18 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Ins4n3
Uh ohhhhhh, I smell a root ban in the near future.

I would have to say you are right on that... Who ever used Bones name bad bad boy... Ips in the log always tell the truth.

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2005, 06:04:23 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Loaded
I would have to say you are right on that... Who ever used Bones name bad bad boy... Ips in the log always tell the truth.

Ja, SIEG HEIL!!

TagS

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2005, 08:48:02 PM »

isnt there an ip adress log on who uses the admin (i was an admin on a server that has since been taken down by the owners and i was out of admin power without the server) i seem to remember you could see the ip of the admins somewhere but i cant remember exaclty where

someday youll be as cool as me!

*MAFIA* Phantom

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2005, 09:27:29 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Loaded

Give it up Loaded, we all know it was YOU! You can't get out of this one alive ! muhahah

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 27 queries.