*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 02, 2024, 06:40:51 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Jesus is a fictional character  (Read 9203 times)

Waffleboy

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Jesus is a fictional character
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2009, 05:21:02 PM »

Rofl you being lazy does not make you win a debate, sorry.  Anyway, just read the first part and answer that.

"If all those things in the Bible, stated as sins, are truly sins, then everyone is going to Hell."

That just shows ignorance in Christian doctrine, the central point is that yes everyone sins but Jesus' death is a sacrifice that, if we believe in him and ask for forgiveness, will give us forgiveness. 

"There is no proof they exist, only proof that they don't, so stfu."

You have shown ZERO proof that they don't.  You may have claimed that there is no evidence for it, but this is probably because you aren't actually reading the posts.

Instead of responding to my points, you just gave the same generic answers that people give, so sorry but you do not win ;)

*MAFIA* Capsloc

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Elusive Gamers
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2009, 06:03:53 PM »

i'm perfectly happy not having a religion, but not being atheist at the same time.

A jehovah witness at work (who i've known since middle school) asked me "if you don't pray to god and don't ask for forgiveness, then you cannot go to heaven. Aren't you afraid of that?"

My answer was of course not...why would i be afraid of going to a place i don't believe in? Besides, i haven't murdered anyone or beaten the shit out of homeless blind orphans or anything, i don't think i need to ask for forgiveness.

Me, being a JW as well, dont think that guy knows what he's talking about.  As JW we don't believe in going to heaven, only a certain amount of chosen people get to go there, to govern w/ Jesus.  As for the rest of us, our fate as humans is to live everlasting life on earth, not in the sky.  I'm not trying to push my beliefs on anyone, even if I do go out weekly out preaching the word in the bible, if you simply say "sorry i'm not interested" that is all to it.  I won't push my foot in your door telling you, that you will go to hell or anything lol.  Only reason we keep going is because you never know if someone might have changed their views.

That is all.

*MAFIA* BassSlappa

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Music Keeps me Going
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2009, 06:36:37 PM »

i dont like religion, but i think that if there was no religion the world would either be far more advanced, or far more in shit.

Head Hunter

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2009, 06:55:37 PM »

People, especially the weak, need hope in times of hardship. For many, that hope is that someday they will spend eternity in Heaven, the perfect paradise. I'm religious. I believe in God and Jesus. Rip on religion all you want, but in times of peril, you may see even the most scientific people begging and praying for a miracle. Even non religious soldiers wounded on in the field tend to yell out to god for help. I'm not here to change minds, just show my beliefs.

Dymdez

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2009, 07:24:48 PM »

Rofl you being lazy does not make you win a debate, sorry.  Anyway, just read the first part and answer that.

"If all those things in the Bible, stated as sins, are truly sins, then everyone is going to Hell."

That just shows ignorance in Christian doctrine, the central point is that yes everyone sins but Jesus' death is a sacrifice that, if we believe in him and ask for forgiveness, will give us forgiveness. 

"There is no proof they exist, only proof that they don't, so stfu."

You have shown ZERO proof that they don't.  You may have claimed that there is no evidence for it, but this is probably because you aren't actually reading the posts.

Instead of responding to my points, you just gave the same generic answers that people give, so sorry but you do not win ;)

Actually it does Waffle. Spending excess energy on such a debate is not how I typically use my time.
:]

And my proof that they don't exist is just what you said, that there is no evidence that they DO exist. Who wrote the Bible? Where is there proof of all this? It cannot be proven that Jesus nor God is real, as well as proof for this fact of Jesus' death being a sacrifice that is worth the planet's population's sins. How do we know he's even dead? If there is a Jesus or God, how do we know they're not roaming the Earth now with their powers?

Bad Waffle.

*MAFIA* Capsloc

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Elusive Gamers
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2009, 07:57:08 PM »

i dont like religion, but i think that if there was no religion the world would either be far more advanced, or far more in shit.

Advanced? Not really.  Without hope, ppl would go out there and do whatever the hell they wish. 

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2009, 08:16:29 PM »

Actually it does Waffle. Spending excess energy on such a debate is not how I typically use my time.

And my proof that they don't exist is just what you said, that there is no evidence that they DO exist. Who wrote the Bible? Where is there proof of all this? It cannot be proven that Jesus nor God is real, as well as proof for this fact of Jesus' death being a sacrifice that is worth the planet's population's sins. How do we know he's even dead? If there is a Jesus or God, how do we know they're not roaming the Earth now with their powers?

Bad Waffle.
Wow, that was fucking stupid... No need to even reply.

*MAFIA* BassSlappa

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Music Keeps me Going
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2009, 08:23:11 PM »

Advanced? Not really.  Without hope, ppl would go out there and do whatever the hell they wish. 
which is why i conveniently added, "or far more in shit" lol. but if there was no religion, then perhaps more of us would spend more time looking into how humans work, where we came from, where we go after death, and what it is that finally kills a person or brings them to life.

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2009, 08:41:56 PM »

If you want to believe in god, then go ahead. If you don't want to believe in god, then go ahead. Who cares???

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2009, 11:26:45 PM »

If you want to believe in god, then go ahead. If you don't want to believe in god, then go ahead. Who cares???
LOL, i'm on the same page as you roshan. I just don't get it either
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

MeZmoriZe

• Forum Member
  • The Emo Wonder
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2009, 04:59:48 AM »

LOL, i'm on the same page as you roshan. I just don't get it either
MG and Dune just like starting fights.

*MAFIA* OUTLAW

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Deus Absconditus
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2009, 09:35:54 AM »

which is why i conveniently added, "or far more in shit" lol. but if there was no religion, then perhaps more of us would spend more time looking into how humans work, where we came from, where we go after death, and what it is that finally kills a person or brings them to life.

I'm pretty sure about everyone here has taken a biology class and already knows the answers to all of those questions without implying their religious beliefs...What we should be looking into is how we can survive longer by curing more diseases, preparing for catastrophic events, etc.

Waffleboy

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2009, 11:23:02 AM »

Bad Waffle.

Lol you clearly have still not read any of my previous post, so I'll copy and paste a bit of it to the end of this one.

"And my proof that they don't exist is just what you said, that there is no evidence that they DO exist."
That does not disprove anything.  With that logic, you could claim that nothing in science, math, literature, or any other field will ever be discovered again because there is no proof at the moment that they exist.

"Who wrote the Bible?"
The bible was inspired by God and written down by a number of people, including Moses, David, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and Paul.

"Where is there proof of all this? It cannot be proven that Jesus nor God is real, as well as proof for this fact of Jesus' death being a sacrifice that is worth the planet's population's sins."

I'll copy my previous post to reply to this, as it points out that asking that kind of question is hypocritical in the extreme (unless anyone cares to reply to it and prove me wrong?).

Dymdez's quote:

"Might need just a brush up on the spelling there Dune...However I strongly side with you. And rather than type a whole paragraph, it's as simple as, where is the proof of Jesus? Or of God?"

My Response:

"That's my point exactly, you ask that, but what do you believe in (as in creation of the universe and life)?  Where is the undeniable proof of it?  Prove right now that you are not in a dream and that everybody else in the universe isn't made up by your mind.  Impossible, isn't it?  It's the same kind of question people ask religious people, but they don't accept that there may not be an answer."

"How do we know he's even dead?"

Since you do not believe, I'll assume the "we" is referring to Christians, who DO NOT believe that Jesus is dead, so there is no point answering this.

"If there is a Jesus or God, how do we know they're not roaming the Earth now with their powers?"

Again, I have never made a claim to this.  But I do not believe it is true because the Christian Bible does not say that he is, but that he will be.

Try actually answering my points this time please :)

I'm not trying to start a fight or impose my religion on anyone, it's a free choice or it's not religious at all.  I'm merely defending my religious beliefs, and I enjoy a good debate :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 11:24:46 AM by Waffleboy »

*MAFIA* Capsloc

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Elusive Gamers
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2009, 12:18:31 PM »

Some proof of the blible are the Dead Sea Scrolls.  Not sure what other Christians believe, but I see myself as a Christian, since after all, a Christian is a follower of Christ. 

For those who believe in Evolution, take a look at yourselves, the human body, its complexity.  Could that really create itself?  The base of life is made upon creation, we create things, we create everything we use, paper, computers, cars, gasoline, we even create more of ourselves (babies, for the slow ones here).  Just with some of the things that happen in this world, not sure why you wouldn't believe in a supreme being.

As for most of the things that are told in the bible, they have happened as historians have found.  For example, remains of Solomon's Temple.  There is lots to still know and research from things that are in the Middle East.

I guess one day we'll all know what the truth is :)

*MAFIA* BassSlappa

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Music Keeps me Going
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2009, 03:23:23 PM »

I'm pretty sure about everyone here has taken a biology class and already knows the answers to all of those questions without implying their religious beliefs...What we should be looking into is how we can survive longer by curing more diseases, preparing for catastrophic events, etc.
my point is what happens after we die lol. and its always been debated about whether or not our body is a living community working together, or one whole organism made up of different parts. i'm curious about what death is like, but i'll still give up a hell of a fight before dying!

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 26 queries.