*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 16, 2024, 06:03:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Windows XP Install  (Read 4618 times)

Pr0d1gY

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Windows XP Install
« on: July 07, 2008, 04:25:30 PM »

Okay, I think I have posted about this like last year or something, and I wasn't successful in doing it.

I want to install Windows XP over my Windows Vista Ultimate OS. I had success in erasing the harddrive, then installing XP, and the OS worked fine. But, the problem I ran into, was my internet, I couldn't connect to the internet, it wouldn't detect my router or any of that stuff. I think it had something to do with the network drivers or something.

A Geek Squad nigger couldn't even fix it, he just said XP couldn't be installed on my Vista machine, and something about the drivers. I don't beleive that, because another BestBuy faggot said they could do it in the store.

So, I have the Windows XP "CD" and it's ready to go. I just want your guy's help on this before I do this shit. Maybe someone can find a link to step-by-step help to make a successful install, or the reason why my internet wouldn't work. I know the same thing is going to happen if I do like last time. There has to be a FIX to the internet issue I had.

Thanks.

HaVoK

• Forum Member
  • Gone
    • View Profile
Re: Windows XP Install
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 04:29:45 PM »

System name and hardware details might help.

I would tell you to install the drivers but I think you're a little smarter then that.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 04:31:59 PM by HaVoK »

Pr0d1gY

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 04:32:42 PM »

How do I view them on Vista?

Where can I get the drivers from then? I think I have like a motherboard CD or something that came with my comp, and I installed the drivers from that, but it didn't work...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 04:37:19 PM by *MAFIA* Pr0d1gY »

HaVoK

• Forum Member
  • Gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 04:40:37 PM »

You can't view it on XP?  I don't know Vista that well but I'd assume you could change the looks of it to be like Windows 2000 or XP and then easily be able to find it.

What is your PC model?  If it is an HP or a Dell, you can look up that specific PC name and download all of the hardware device drivers that you would need for XP.

Pr0d1gY

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 04:43:30 PM »

Okay I found the properties of my computer:

Manufacturer: Velocity Micro
Model: Custom PC
System Type: 32-bit

That's all it says. Need any other info?

HaVoK

• Forum Member
  • Gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 04:46:42 PM »

I think we're going to need to see your Network Adapters.

Can you manage your PC or do anything that would allow you to see network devices (right-click on My Computer for XP > Manage).

Looks like this:

Pr0d1gY

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 04:52:17 PM »

HaVoK

• Forum Member
  • Gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 04:57:50 PM »

Hmmmm....... few questions.

Does that device show up when you're running XP?  Are you trying to connect to the router via wireless or what exactly?

Did you partition your hard-drive so that you can run multiple operating systems or do you just have Vista on there now?

Pr0d1gY

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 05:03:01 PM »

When I installed XP, I don't recall seeing that deivce, but I can't really remember. I think it showed like 3 different things, but like I said, blurred memory on that.

I connect to the router via hardwire.

I only have Vista right now, my purpose is to have XP instead, only. Last time, I partitioned the whole drive, to install XP. I can do a dual boot, but I don't want Vista at all.

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 05:04:38 PM »

You have nForce network controller card. Go to the nVidia website and download the motherboard drivers that pertain to your motherboard. You most likely have a nVidia made motherboard. In their driver package, they include networking drivers and it should work right after that.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Product Type = nForce

go on from there. If you don't know what mobo you have, download CPU-Z and it will tell you.

Pr0d1gY

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 05:15:02 PM »

So if I get those drivers, and install them after I have XP installed, it should work? I have a disk with drivers and updates, think that is something different? Because I think that's what the guy used and it didn't work. The CD has a folder called chipset, and stuff inside it, including a folder called ethernet... What's that shit?

Here's pics of the CD:

http://xs229.xs.to/xs229/08281/213384.jpg

http://xs229.xs.to/xs229/08281/12191.jpg
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 05:17:44 PM by *MAFIA* Pr0d1gY »

Loaded

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 05:20:05 PM »

Just to jump in... That is your problem right there, they/you are trying to install Vista drivers (I am assuming this is the disk that came with the computer/Vista install) on XP os, not going to work. After installing XP, take that vista driver disk and put it away, no good for XP.

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 05:22:15 PM »

It will only work if you have an nVidia motherboard. You should check that fact first.  For example, I have the nforce 4 SLI Intel motherboard by nVidia. So whenever I format my comp and reinstall everything, the Internet never works. So I download the nForce drivers which is a 4-part drive installation I think, and it takes care of motherboard, harddrive, and ethernet. After that, the Internet starts working.

Yea and what Loaded said.  Your drivers from Vista will not work with XP.

HaVoK

• Forum Member
  • Gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 05:23:06 PM »

DAMN I WAS TYPING THAT.

Just make sure you download the right model and what not for the driver and theoretically everything should work fine.  You should be able to see versions/other info in that same device manager.

Should be fine: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131232

At least find out what the motherboard's name is and see if you can download drivers specifically for that.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 05:30:38 PM by HaVoK »

Pr0d1gY

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2008, 05:28:34 PM »

I know I am a noob, obviously showing, but how exactly do I find out what drivers to get, like version and whatnot?

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 27 queries.