*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 15, 2024, 11:26:22 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: my new body armor  (Read 7143 times)

[) ! A B L 0

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
my new body armor
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2005, 04:40:01 PM »

he was in the army

SuprMusclyKillerSmurf

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
my new body armor
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2005, 11:56:41 AM »

like how so?

Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers...For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
my new body armor
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2005, 06:44:38 PM »

Quote from: *SuprMusclyKillerSmurf*
like how so?

like ya like in the army

Blue Dun

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Hitman
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2005, 06:47:02 PM »

You're gonna be in deep shit if a monsoon hits and everything turns green.

And was that the 7.62 Nato or the Russian 7.62 x 39?

Compared to our .308 FMJ (NATO) the Russian round is enemic, about on par ballistically with the .30 Carbine round. As tested the 7.62x39 is accurate in short bursts to about 75 yards as the action was built for longevity with loose-fitting parts to prevent jamming. Even our "enemic" .223 M16 round is accurate to a much greater range.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2005, 07:02:09 PM by Blue Dun »

MadMedic

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
my new body armor
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2005, 04:09:16 PM »

Nice... too bad it doesnt work in 1942
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 04:09:56 PM by MadMedic »

Killed U Wit A

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
my new body armor
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2005, 09:11:09 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Blue Dun
As tested the 7.62x39 is accurate in short bursts to about 75 yards as the action was built for longevity with loose-fitting parts to prevent jamming. Even our "enemic" .223 M16 round is accurate to a much greater range.

accurate, yes. deadly, thats questionable.l ike at it this way knock off .003 and you've got your self a .22. best round for da damn squarrels.

Swifty

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
my new body armor
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2005, 05:13:34 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Brick
damn is that the color that everyones wearing over there? i thought it was more desert sand colors ?

No only the army wheres that camo patern, its called ACU and the marines new camo is called MARPAT.  I personally prefer the MARPAT and it is in more of a woodland tone.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
my new body armor
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2005, 05:58:14 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Swifty
No only the army wheres that camo patern, its called ACU and the marines new camo is called MARPAT.  I personally prefer the MARPAT and it is in more of a woodland tone.

hey swift did u get banned from bf2 to?

Blue Dun

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Knock off .003
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2005, 05:48:28 PM »

Yeah but by knocking off that .003 you're knocking off the full metal jacket and about 2300 feet per second. I used a 16" barrel M16 and a 30 round magazine to cut a hole in a block wall big enough to walk thru. There's only 1 .22 I know of that can do that, the American 180.

Let me tell you a funny story about the American 180.
Back a few years a famous body armor company ( the one that makes Hitman's armor I believe) put on a demonstration on how good their armor was. They invited any company to try out their weapons on the armor, which was place on a dummy. Thr armor had ceramic plates in it. The only limitations were practical ones, handguns up .44 Magnum and rifles up to .30 Full Metal jacket. Now the whole idea behind body armor is to sacrifice the armor to save body parts at the worst, kind of like crumble zones on autos.

As the tests progressed the armor representative's smile got bigger and bigger. Near the end of the tests he was approached by the designer of the 180 who asked if he could try out his baby. The rep all but laughed out loud, but finally gave in because everyone was watching him and the man converse. Well, the 180 LOOKS like a scaled down Thompson except that it sports a round magazine laying flat on top the receiver which holds 177 .22 LR rounds.

As the gentleman proceeded to the firing line all the gun reps had smirks on there faces because their weapons had failed to penetrate all 27 layers of Kevlar and the ceramic plates. What did this guy with a .22 plan to do?

After he cut loose on the armor the armor rep and everyone else walked up to the armor and found a hole big enought to stick your fist through all 54 layers of Kevlar and 2 layers of ceramic plates and come out the other side.

This story is the God's truth because I was there to see it. The name of the armor company is 2nd Chance Body Armor. I bought 2 of the 180's and sold them in my gun shop.

A side note to show you how our government can fuck up.

Before the new SAW M249 became adopted by the military 12 of them were imported into the US. Because of a paperwork screw-up they weren't classified as NFA weapons. A gun dealer firend of mine on the East coast called me up one day and said he had 6 XM249's coming and asked me if I wanted any. I went to his place to check them out and bought 2 for $1200 each and 6 200 round linked-belt magazine for $100 each. As far as I know these 12 were the only NFA weapons that were mis-classified.
I eventually sold each one for $6400 with 3 mags. They could also use M16 mags or standard linked belts.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
my new body armor
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2005, 08:49:53 PM »

holy shit thats cool... and i didnt know u owned a gun shop, even cooler!

*MAFIA* Hellraiser

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.miller.14855377?sk=wall
Re: my new body armor
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2011, 02:33:52 PM »

I think I need to search the forums with the word Army and see how many times Bone has said he was in.  lol.  He had everyone fooled for a long time.

Loaded

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2011, 04:53:55 PM »

I think I need to search the forums with the word Army and see how many times Bone has said he was in.  lol.  He had everyone fooled for a long time.

Not everyone, I called him out right from the start.

Head Hunter

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2011, 07:00:44 PM »

Speaking of body armor and camouflage patterns, are you wearing land camo yet? Or are they putting it off?

*MAFIA* Manowar

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
  • Hail and Kill
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2011, 07:35:17 PM »

Speaking of body armor and camouflage patterns, are you wearing land camo yet? Or are they putting it off?

That's classified, need to know basis only.  If he told you not only would he have to kill you but it would trigger a full nuclear response from the North Koreans.  oh, one last thing.  If Ricardo wants to know what Hellraiser is wearing just have him log onto Hell's private 3D video channel.   :ky:

Ultimate embarrassment, running into a wall with a boner and breaking your nose first.

*MAFIA* Hellraiser

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.miller.14855377?sk=wall
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2011, 03:26:00 AM »

I am getting the multicam when I go for training to deploy again.  We only wear that in Iraq and Afghan. 

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 26 queries.