*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 21, 2024, 09:21:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Netbook?  (Read 4823 times)

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Netbook?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 09:37:37 AM »

Netbooks are shit. They have bad hardware, sucky screen, CRAP keyboard, fucking worst ever speakers and you have to sit like a girl to have it on your lap.
so i'm assuming you have one, or just speculating? The keyboard is almost the same size as a desktop one, and who buys a portable pc for their speakers? Well i would probably use a desk when i use it since we dont all sit in pow-wow circles in fucking college.

And the hardware is the same as a desktop, large hard drive, mediocre processor, and wifi. I don't want a cyborg laptop that can run crysis and weighs 13 lbs.

man what i wouldn't give to have the old gang back for one more round of 1942.

Dream Match:
Toby, Iceman, Mundies!!!, snake, billy, missa <3, rahl, balth, phantom, laaz, wasser, bone, kraut, titties, pat, misfit, partyboy, diablo, insane, brick, blakjax, mez and a few more that my mind can't think of right now.
Hahaha, insane! he was the only mafian to ban me lol, and it was because diblo showed me how to get through your guys' maze.

Shit remember that areal combat between balth and blakjax? Now that was a worthy battle. I still think my favorite game of all time was when we had almost everyone from mafia all on one team, and it was like the first time misfit and his brother in law were playing, and we all just started raping on him, i mean it was ruthless. On Battle of Britain, and then he got in like a week later because he was darn good. ah the good old days
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 09:39:41 AM by *MAFIA* Wasserfaller »
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 11:45:33 AM »

Shit remember that areal combat between balth and blakjax? Now that was a worthy battle.
I'm still stressed out over that DF.

*MAFIA* Capsloc

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Elusive Gamers
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 09:13:57 PM »

haha that battle was epic, didn't someone record it?

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2009, 07:22:39 PM »

Yeah i think the video was on youtube of the dogfight.

So i ordered my netbook today, Asus 900HA for 301 bucks from tigerdirect.co m

Should get here on May 1st, so i'll let you guys know how the performance goes. So far I've been checking out the games that it can handle, nothing too fancy. So i've "acquired" GTAIII, Vice City, and BF1942...i think those will prolly be the only games it can handle but we'll see.

IronMan

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2009, 07:31:24 AM »

so i'm assuming you have one, or just speculating? The keyboard is almost the same size as a desktop one, and who buys a portable pc for their speakers? Well i would probably use a desk when i use it since we dont all sit in pow-wow circles in fucking college.

Yes, I do have one. Acer Aspire one.

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2009, 12:18:28 AM »

well i got it yesterday, keyboard is pretty small but it's manageable. And the little wireless router i got for 16 bucks works fine, setup took like 2 minutes and connection is great.

Since it doesn't have a disc drive, if you want to play a game you have to mount an .iso of the game so it thinks it has a disc in there. I have a perfectly legitimate copy of bf1942, so i tried to mount an image of the disc (this is legal guys dont freak out lol), and i just keep getting an error message "insert correct CD-ROM. Pretty sure i'm doing it right, it's the same way i have it setup on my desktop comp.

If someone could help me out, that would be great, but if you think the answer might be a little questionable for these forums, could also discuss it in another one that's a little more private.

IronMan

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2009, 08:39:26 AM »

well i got it yesterday, keyboard is pretty small but it's manageable. And the little wireless router i got for 16 bucks works fine, setup took like 2 minutes and connection is great.

Since it doesn't have a disc drive, if you want to play a game you have to mount an .iso of the game so it thinks it has a disc in there. I have a perfectly legitimate copy of bf1942, so i tried to mount an image of the disc (this is legal guys dont freak out lol), and i just keep getting an error message "insert correct CD-ROM. Pretty sure i'm doing it right, it's the same way i have it setup on my desktop comp.

If someone could help me out, that would be great, but if you think the answer might be a little questionable for these forums, could also discuss it in another one that's a little more private.

USB CD ROM

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2009, 11:19:21 AM »

USB CD ROM
if you don't have anything useful to say, don't respond.

And never mind, i found a way to get around it.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 26 queries.