*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 17, 2024, 06:25:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: John Rice's Bio  (Read 2252 times)

Blue Dun

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
John Rice's Bio
« on: September 14, 2005, 11:49:54 AM »

Years ago, I purchased BF1942 when it was version 1.01. After several months I found myself playing mostly on the Veteran Bastards [VB] server. I came to know one of the players very well as he lived only 2 blocks away. He introduced me to the rest of the VB crew and I was granted the title of FD (friend of VB) Blue Dun, a title I carried for 3 more months until I was invited to join VB at which point my title became [VB] Blue Dun. Later I was granted admin rights to the BF server and the TS server we used.
As a clan we held weekly battles against other clans on several nights and practiced as a team on other scheduled nights. We became one of the top 5 clans in BF1942 and were loved my many and hated by many too.

We had always been plagued by cheaters as this was long before Punk Buster. I took it on myself to try to find a way to detect cheaters and downloaded several cheats to see how they could be detected from an admins view.

'll have to give you a little background to explain what happened next.
As I said we had a very good clan, but the head guy was a very head strong person.
Several of us started playing Planetside when our BF server was a little slow so we set up a room on Team Speak for Planetside. Well, after a few weeks the head man blew his top, "Why are you guys playing Planetside instead of BF?". Since most of the guys in the clan were playing Planetside he couldn't single anyone out to ban.

One day the head man and his employee, also a VB, can to my shop to set up one of my comps as a server for the clan to upload and download files and programs. He saw the icons for the cheats on my desktop but didn't say a word or ask me why they were there. A few days later he was posting things on the VB forum about how he knew someone in the clan was cheating and they knew who they were. I didn't say anything because my friend down the street knew why I had the cheats.
To make the rest of the story short I was forced to quit VB. I know the reason I was forced out was because of my playing Planetside but he used the cheats to tell everyone I was cheating. Several in the clan told him I wasn't and that I had them to see how to stop them but he wouldn't listen so I quit.

I don't feel that I did anything wrong and that my character of Blue Dun is one that I want to continue so from this day on my handle for BF1942 will Blue Dun.

Thank you for reading this.

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
John Rice's Bio
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 12:18:31 PM »

Fuckin hacker.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
John Rice's Bio
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 01:01:01 PM »

Ha, thats a good story man.  You have good writing skills.  But WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?  Hahahahahahaha hahahahhahaha.  Thats so random, I love it.  Man, you need to get on Ventrilo some time and talk to us.

Is this not the funniest post ever?!?!?!?!?!?!

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
John Rice's Bio
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 01:19:27 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Beetlejuice
Ha, thats a good story man.  You have good writing skills.  But WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?  Hahahahahahaha hahahahhahaha.  Thats so random, I love it.  Man, you need to get on Ventrilo some time and talk to us.

Is this not the funniest post ever?!?!?!?!?!?!

He's always on ventrilo, if you had cable YOU WOULD KNOW THAT.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
John Rice's Bio
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 01:24:23 PM »

Well I can't wait to talk to him in two weeks.  His profile says he was born in 1946, which is excellent.  We should let him in *MAFIA* due to that post alone.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
John Rice's Bio
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 03:18:27 PM »

I will change your forum name to blue dun :)

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
John Rice's Bio
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 04:09:57 PM »

Beetle I miss you :(

*MAFIA* Vanilla

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
John Rice's Bio
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 07:54:13 PM »

that was a very interesting story indeed. i think i could come up with a better one.
[

Blue Dun

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
John Rice's Bio
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2005, 08:27:59 PM »

Back when I started playing BF the term hacker was used for whiz kids who invaded other people's comps for kicks and anyone who used hacks for playing BF was called a cheater. As for my story, the word story isn't neccessarily reserved for a piece of fiction. My story was the truth as best my fading 59 year old brain can remember. As soon as I find my crutch I'll bang myself on the head and straighten it all out.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 28 queries.