*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 09, 2024, 10:01:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Have a change of heart..  (Read 2893 times)

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Have a change of heart..
« on: January 19, 2010, 11:28:01 PM »

Almost 3 years ago I returned the laptop I got as a graduation gift and my Dad spotted me the rest to get a Macbook pro (2.4GHz Intel Core Duo). When I first got it I absolutely hated it and just gave it to my dad to use.  I used my PC till it broke down and had to get the Mac back for school. about a year and a half ago. Since then I have dropped it 3 times, and once it feel out of my Jeep while it was on and only got a dent in the corner. There have been several instances where people have spilled beer on it at partys as well.  Never once has this thing given me any sort of trouble. In fact I can run windows off it and it runs faster than my PC. 

Why I hated it at first was because I didn't know the operating system at all and it just pissed me off.  I fucking love this thing. Its still fast as hell especially on start, I don't have to worry about viruses, It has all the digital media programs I need for school (and they have been proven to run a lot smoother on a mac), all in all it is just a great machine. 

So for all you heavy gamers out there, of course I would say go built a PC. But, for anyone looking for a PC to surf the web and do pretty much all media in a much better, more reliable and faster way, I hands down will recommend a Mac.  Don't knock till you have TRIED it (and tried it thoroughly).  That is all...

*MAFIA* MAGGOT

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
  • OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN
    • View Profile
Re: Have a change of heart..
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 12:09:08 PM »

Dear nigger,

Please keep your anti PC babble where it belongs, in the shackles of your mind....not on a forum with our access. You speak of madness and that is punishable by death.

Thanks.

Your friend,
                        MAGGOT

"At some point in their lives, 1 in 6 children will be abducted by the dutch." ~The fact core, Portal 2.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 01:42:52 PM »

Maybe you should sell them.

*MAFIA* masebot1

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Mason's art site
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 01:44:11 PM »

Why do people always mention that Mac can't get viruses or there only little known viruses...

But I will agree that Mac comes with legit free software with no hassle. Runs media programs smoothly.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 04:04:25 PM by *MAFIA* Masebot1 »

*MAFIA* Balthazar

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 02:04:37 PM »

I have made my living with PC's BUT I actually do have to agree with BJ's assessment in regards to general browser use. If the user doesn't concern themselves with safe browsing then MAC is really the way to go. I have seen far too many systems eaten up with spyware in my lifetime to know that there are enough users out there that don't know what is safe and what is not when it comes to browsing. This is a case where a MAC would be perfect for these users.

Loaded

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 03:37:16 PM »

I agree, I am going to buy a Mac for $1,500 to surf the web, right on!!!  ::)

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 04:02:10 PM »

Here's the way I see it:

if you have a lot of money --> Mac
if you don't want any hassles --> Mac
if you don't want to build your own computer --> Mac
if you don't want to or know how to fix computer problems --> Mac
if you don't like too many choices in software --> Mac
if you don't have specific software needs ( ex. engineering design/analysis programs) --> Mac

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 05:21:56 PM »

I had to work on a mac for 3 years in my highschool newspaper class, i fucking hate them. I can't even count how many times i've lost a document due to a random crash or the little fucking "pinwheel of death" loading icon staying on screen for hours.

For all reasons listed by blackjax, great computer (not in my experiences however). Roshan pretty well sums it up too.
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 06:06:15 PM »

This is what I expected... Wass- I fucking hated old Mac's most likely more than yourself. Beatle- I could make some good money. Balth- Agreed. Roshan- It runs windows, nuff said. Maggot- Click Here.

Thunder

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 06:36:17 PM »

So... I'm going away to college soon. It looks like most people would suggest I buy a Mac, right?

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 06:52:10 PM »

So... I'm going away to college soon. It looks like most people would suggest I buy a Mac, right?

Didn't you say your major was EE? I've never seen an engineering major who has a Mac. You're going to be using a lot of software no matter what major in engineering you're going in. I guess you could buy a Mac, but I'd suggest getting a PC because it's easier to handle in the future. You're going to be working with other people and collaborating with them on projects. I think it would be kind of a hassle when you're the only one with another OS. I mean you can still open Word and PPT files and things like that, but still...

Thunder

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 07:10:47 PM »

Didn't you say your major was EE? I've never seen an engineering major who has a Mac. You're going to be using a lot of software no matter what major in engineering you're going in. I guess you could buy a Mac, but I'd suggest getting a PC because it's easier to handle in the future. You're going to be working with other people and collaborating with them on projects. I think it would be kind of a hassle when you're the only one with another OS. I mean you can still open Word and PPT files and things like that, but still...

You might be thinking of someone else. I plan to be a chemistry major. If I was to go into engineering, it would be chemical engineering, but that's not likely.

*MAFIA* MAGGOT

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
  • OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2010, 08:38:28 PM »

This is what I expected... Wass- I fucking hated old Mac's most likely more than yourself. Beatle- I could make some good money. Balth- Agreed. Roshan- It runs windows, nuff said. Maggot- Click Here.
Ahhhhh, I <3 quoting things before clicking links from mafians.

*MAFIA* Whoops

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2010, 08:39:40 PM »

Ahhhhh, I <3 quoting things before clicking links from mafians.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Wowomg

Urbandictionar y knows all.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 27 queries.