*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 11, 2024, 06:35:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Poll

What should "they" do?

Keep it legal
Make it illegal

Author Topic: Texting & Driving  (Read 9602 times)

*MAFIA* BassSlappa

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Music Keeps me Going
    • View Profile
Re: Texting & Driving
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2011, 10:28:54 PM »

Its illegal to talk or text even with a wireless headset here in California, but does that stop anybody. No?  Making it illegal anywhere won't help. In my opinion, if people are stupid enough to text and drive, then let them crash.  Less population and less retardation in our gene pool. And hopefully any of the innocent people that get hurt in crashes can sue the hell out of those who were the cause.  As for the innocent ones that die, well that's unfortunate, but driving is always dangerous and hopefully their families get some form of restitution. Those texters will have to live knowing they killed somebody with a text.  Its ridiculous, nearly everybody I see driving is on the phone or texting.  They might as well be drunk.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2012, 03:01:26 PM »

I don't get how they can enforce this.  You can easily see if someone is talking or texting on their phone somtimes.  But what if they're on speakerphone, or what if they are texting in their lap?  And I use my phone as an iPod and play music through it on my car speakers.  What if I want to change songs and get pulled over for texting?  It's kinda like seatbelts, they won't pull you over JUST for that (maybe in some states).  But if you get into an accident, do they have the right to look at your phone and see if you were talking/texting...

Loaded

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2012, 04:22:25 PM »

But if you get into an accident, do they have the right to look at your phone and see if you were talking/texting...

In most states, if not all, yes they do (remember "The Patriot Act"?), if they have any reason what so ever that you could have been on your phone at the time of the accident. I seen it first hand... There was an accident in front of my house that I was on top of when it happened, I told the cop when I went to the truck I seen a phone on her lap (the driver) and she could have been on it when the accident happened (she rear ended another truck), she said "thank you and we will check the times with her cell phone records".

Just a site to read about your so called cell "privacy" http://communications-media.lawyers.com/privacy-law/Cell-Phone-Privacy.html

Same thing with this facebook account crap that cops and the news get into to make more news over something that has happened. Do you really think all these people have their facebooks open to the public? No, they are hacked by law endorsement for the info they are looking for.

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2012, 04:36:19 PM »

When will America grows balls and admit that it isn't the prefect child it pretends to be.

Loaded

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2012, 05:01:35 PM »

When will America grows balls and admit that it isn't the prefect child it pretends to be.

As far as I am concerned, we have the biggest balls there is, yes maybe to big, after all it's our big balls that makes us feel we have to save the world from itself, but yet forget there are homeless, broken down schools and so on right here. What pisses me off, we send a $600,000 missile to blow up a $5,000 building, then pay $1,000,000 to rebuild the damn 5 grand building, um yea, that makes lots of sense.

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2012, 05:32:06 PM »

As far as I am concerned, we have the biggest balls there is, yes maybe to big, after all it's our big balls that makes us feel we have to save the world from itself, but yet forget there are homeless, broken down schools and so on right here. What pisses me off, we send a $600,000 missile to blow up a $5,000 building, then pay $1,000,000 to rebuild the damn 5 grand building, um yea, that makes lots of sense.
Perhaps so, but America is only saving the world from America. Genius way to build an Empire, if you ask me.

/tinfoil hat

Corona

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 08:11:08 AM »

I NEED TO FUCKING TEXT AND DRIVE INTO THE ONCOMING LANE OF TRAFFIC INTO A SEMI TRUCK AND FUCKING DIE!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 08:35:09 AM by *MAFIA* Beatlejuice »

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 34 queries.