*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 19, 2024, 03:27:56 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: RE-Start Problems continued  (Read 2087 times)

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
RE-Start Problems continued
« on: January 24, 2008, 06:33:29 PM »

I mentioned before my computer has been re-starting itself voluntarily out of the blue but its continued and the problem hasn't yet been resolved which is annoying cos I cant really run any games or programs more than a few minutes.(which why I haven't been on 1.6 much)  Infact it now re-starts when I'm simply browsing the internet  :(

Basically I've tested the Temp and power with Speedfan, everything was at normal levels but it still re-started. Maybe because the heat sink was dusty and the comp was making strange noises before I cleaned it, I ghess theres always a chance there could be some permanent damage. But its sticking to normal temperatures so theres no problem with the fans.

I thought it might be 1 of the Ram sticks that may be damaged so I swopped em around and it still crashed, I removed the second and it still crashed, I swapped those with each other and it crashed, basically I tried every combination of my 2 Ram sticks into the 4 available slots and it always crash's. To be sure I ran this diagnostic program on the Ram sticks and it said they were both A1 OK.  :-\

However, by using 1 ram stick at a time although loading stuff is alot slower, when its finally loaded it takes 10 times aslong for it to crash when playing games or vids.  :P

I don't know what this means but it must mean something? Any ideas will be well appreciated  :)

Loaded

Re: RE-Start Problems continued
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 07:35:16 PM »

I thought I said this before... Get a new PSU. Switching stuff around isn't going to fix anything, again a new PSU.

Swampfox

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 12:14:44 PM »

what is a PSU? Power unit?

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 12:22:10 PM »

what is a PSU? Power unit?
Yeah, Power Supply Unit, I'll get a new one on saturday  :)

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 11:16:28 AM »

YAY!!!! Got a new PSU, it only cost 19.95 and my computer hasn't crashed once on the highest graphic settings. LOTSA +rep for you Loaded

Loaded

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 11:46:43 AM »

Now see if you would have done that a month ago (I think it was you) all would had been fixed. ;)

Oh and you can't give me rep so don't lie you fucker  :P

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 12:25:07 PM »

I've gave you 10 + rep 10 mins ago , all managers can give multiple rep. I had to be sure that was the problem first though cos I'm tight up and couldn't afford 20 a month ago.

Loaded

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 12:30:22 PM »

Well damn I guess I am the ass, I thought beatle had my rep turned off. Ok thanks.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 24 queries.