*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 03, 2024, 10:08:53 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Poll

Who do you want for the next President of the U.S.A.?

John McCain
Barack Obama

Author Topic: Election 2008  (Read 55234 times)

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Election 2008
« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2008, 02:40:12 PM »

« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 02:52:00 PM by *MAFIA* Beatlejuice »

hotkiller

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2008, 02:44:17 PM »

if obama wins i think in 6 months hell be assasinated By some kkk guy, i dont know anything about politics but like pepper said people are still rascist

i dont know if someone said this already or not (i got into this thread way to late) but i agree with you702, but McCain will croak before his first term. he's way to old, like 72 or something close to that.

Ransom

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2008, 02:49:42 PM »

i dont know if someone said this already or not (i got into this thread way to late) but i agree with you702, but McCain will croak before his first term. he's way to old, like 72 or something close to that.

Technically McCain would be only about 2 years older than when one of the best Republicans or Presidents was elected.  That being Ronald Reagan who was less than a month way from being 70 when he was elected.  I guess those 2 years made the difference.

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2008, 11:05:35 PM »

Technically McCain would be only about 2 years older than when one of the best Republicans or Presidents was elected.  That being Ronald Reagan who was less than a month way from being 70 when he was elected.  I guess those 2 years made the difference.

that old goat Reagan didn't know what he was doing half the time because of his Alzheimers disease. He was just a wanna-be john wayne, and his retarded trickle down theory never did work. Tax cuts for the rich will help the poor who don't get any tax breaks? Ya, great theory reagan, it's no wonder half his decisions didn't make any sense, his dementia was setting in. 
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

Ransom

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 18, 2008, 04:42:09 AM »

that old goat Reagan didn't know what he was doing half the time because of his Alzheimers disease. He was just a wanna-be john wayne, and his retarded trickle down theory never did work. Tax cuts for the rich will help the poor who don't get any tax breaks? Ya, great theory reagan, it's no wonder half his decisions didn't make any sense, his dementia was setting in. 

You obviously need to take another U.S. history class.  Ever heard of anything called "Reaganomics" and what it did for the economy.  How about "detente" or the ending of the Cold War?  If nothing seemed to work in his presidency... then why did RGDP continue to rise?  He only created 16 million new jobs while allowing inflation to drop.  As far as Alzheimers disease has anything to do with his policies, it doesnt matter.

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 18, 2008, 08:56:50 AM »

You do realize that there are cons to it as well right? I got the exact details from a site...you might want to see. Click Here.
There are good things AND bad things to his plans. Maybe you should look at both sides of something before jumping to conclusions.

According to the Statistical Abstract of the United States for 1996, the number of people (white, black, and Hispanic) below the poverty level increased in almost every year between 1981 (31.8 million) and 1992 (39.3 million).

The trade deficit quadrupled.

The savings rate did not rise in the 1980s, as supply-side advocates had predicted. In fact, in the 1980s the personal savings rate fell from 8 percent to 6.5 percent. If the median family was better off why did their savings go down?

In 1993 Clinton raised the taxes on the rich, the opposite of  Reaganomics, opponents argued that this would stop the growing economy. That did not happen.

Ransom

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 18, 2008, 10:13:35 AM »

You do realize that there are cons to it as well right? I got the exact details from a site...you might want to see. Click Here.
There are good things AND bad things to his plans. Maybe you should look at both sides of something before jumping to conclusions.

According to the Statistical Abstract of the United States for 1996, the number of people (white, black, and Hispanic) below the poverty level increased in almost every year between 1981 (31.8 million) and 1992 (39.3 million).

The savings rate did not rise in the 1980s, as supply-side advocates had predicted. In fact, in the 1980s the personal savings rate fell from 8 percent to 6.5 percent. If the median family was better off why did their savings go down?

In 1993 Clinton raised the taxes on the rich, the opposite of  Reaganomics, opponents argued that this would stop the growing economy. That did not happen.

All this can be solved by simply learning for yourself what exactly economics is.  If you would truely care about the welfare of this country you would be able to see past these "facts".  If you only read what the news and other media tell you instead of creating your own basis you will plunge into the hole the media creates.  Im not here to defend other Republicans or Democrats or any other president in the past history.  Once again you are using things way out of context.  Instead of basing things on the candidates right now, you took how old compared to one of the best out of context and "waged war on the candidate i support."  Your facts may be true but my personal logic will not change.

Back to the ELECTION OF 2008! Go!

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 18, 2008, 12:27:28 PM »

If the median family was better off why did their savings go down?

Word.
  If you would truely care about the welfare of this country you would be able to see past these "facts". 
LOL WUT? They're facts, they aren't biased, just cold hard facts. You claimed one thing, roshan proved another, and what does "caring about this country" have to do with presenting facts?

Your facts may be true but my personal logic will not change.
If you claim everything was fine and dandy with reagan, and then roshan comes up and basically says "no way jose, check these statistics son", then how exactly is his post "out of context?

And about your logic not changing, why is that? You say Reagan is jeebus, Roshan poops on your claim, you admit his facts to be true, but still don't change your view or even admit maybe he(reagan) was in the wrong a little bit? Come now good sir, that's just redonculous.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 12:32:23 PM by *MAFIA* Wasserfaller »

HaVoK

• Forum Member
  • Gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 18, 2008, 05:20:53 PM »

Did anyone see the speech by Obama at the DNC last night? It was a really good speech and he really hit McCain hard on some of the negative things McCain has said about him. I'm voting for Obama cuz I want change (you've probably heard this from everyone). I'm not sure about each individual state but the economy here in California is suffering badly. People might say that Obama is not ready to lead and that he is inexperienced, but that's exactly what the Republicans said to Bill Clinton back when he was running in 1992, and look what happened to the country. It was probably the best time we had under his leadership. Now McCain is not leaning towards any major change, thus a continuation of Bush's old ways. I'd rather take a chance and go for some change than no change at all.
This is what I'm scared about.  People making assumptions about what they think will happen.  All that I can see a president doing is boosting confidence in the economy and letting other people take care of other matters.  He's a figurehead and if he surrounds himself by good people, then I'll vote for him.  I really don't care one way or the other which party they are from.  I think that both will do a good job of bringing 'change' so I'd rather see someone who has more leadership and better economic views - McCain.

I can't stomach the fact that people who don't pay taxes will get tax returns in the thousands of dollars and that small business owners will be losing a lot of the returns they would normally get.

When Reagan took office in 1981, the unemployment rate was 7.6 percent. In the recession of 1981-82, that rate peaked at 9.7 percent, but it fell continuously for the next seven years. When Reagan left office, the unemployment rate was 5.5 percent.

I think this is a much stronger statement.

War-time: understandable    Boost economies of other nations that we supported against the USSR and also deal in materials for arms and other military things we were building up.

People having more money and SAVING it in the bank causes savings rates to go down - take economics.  If there is an excess in savings it drives the rate down.

Clinton rode the surplus that Reagan created – look at the facts.  Reagan might not have known very much about economics but he surrounded himself with some of the most intelligent and crazy economics people of the time.  The economy takes some time before things change which is apparent in later years.

LOL WUT? They're facts, they aren't biased, just cold hard facts. You claimed one thing, roshan proved another, and what does "caring about this country" have to do with presenting facts?
He’s saying that these are opinions that a person who is most likely not even a professional came up with and put up there for debate.  I think caring about a person’s country is a very nice thing

If you claim everything was fine and dandy with reagan, and then roshan comes up and basically says "no way jose, check these statistics son", then how exactly is his post "out of context?
They are out of context since he is saying that this happened but not explaining why.  Do you know what “out of context” means?

And about your logic not changing, why is that? You say Reagan is jeebus, Roshan poops on your claim, you admit his facts to be true, but still don't change your view or even admit maybe he(reagan) was in the wrong a little bit?
He knows the logic behind economics so his point of view isn’t going to change.  He claims his facts are true because they are – just out of context.

Come now good sir, that's just redonculous.
Redonculous or intelligent?

Word.
Great show of intelligence.

Just my non-liberal two cents.  Barack Hussein Obama - that name scares me.  Wub.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 05:36:39 PM by HaVoK »

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 18, 2008, 06:17:04 PM »

All the stuff I wrote previously was not stuff I made up. I found that on a website which listed the pro's and con's of it. So if you think I'm making it up and you're proving me wrong, not true. There are pro's and con's to everything; I was just telling you some of the cons since you mentioned some of the pros.

Also found two articles on CNN about Palin's recent "activity." Discuss.

"Proposal"

Investigation
Article

Ransom

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 18, 2008, 07:12:39 PM »

All the stuff I wrote previously was not stuff I made up. I found that on a website which listed the pro's and con's of it. So if you think I'm making it up and you're proving me wrong, not true. There are pro's and con's to everything; I was just telling you some of the cons since you mentioned some of the pros.

Also found two articles on CNN about Palin's recent "activity." Discuss.

"Proposal"

Investigation
Article

Well if you want the media to decide everything for you then I have a "fact" for you to discuss.  Why is it that they media has so much bias that they could be pushing to elect Obama.  They even conducted a poll and 5 to 1 said that the media has a bias towards Obama.

Try reading for yourself about Economics and what exactly politics and government policies are about. < This is where my reasoning comes from.  You may have not been the one that created what you are "proving" but you sure are supporting them by bringing them to your defense.

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 18, 2008, 07:27:00 PM »

I am not letting the media decide for me. I'm using the facts/information listed on there to make my own decision. Out of all the news networks, CNN is the least biased of them all. For your information, they also have articles against Obama. I read both sets of them, and the one about Palin disturb me more. Just because there is not that much negative things about Obama as compared to Palin doesn't mean they are biased. If Obama had used millions of dollars for personal or useless things or had a big investigation after him, I'm sure all the news media would be covering that daily.

Why do you keep bringing up economics talk when I'm talking about things that doesn't relate to it? If you want me to read about the subject, tell me what to read and I'll do it. Just because some of us don't agree with the things you say doesn't mean we are stupid and not know about things you talk about. This discussion would be a lot more productive if you would stop assuming you're the only knowledgeable one about economics and instead go back to talking about the issues/candidates.

HaVoK

• Forum Member
  • Gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 19, 2008, 03:34:51 AM »

Conservative critics of the media say this bias exists within a wide variety of media channels including network news shows of CBS, ABC, and NBC, cable channels CNN and MSNBC as well as major newspapers, news-wires, and radio outlets, especially CBS News, Newsweek, and the New York Times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_bias_in_the_United_States

Before you make statements about things that you 'know' are facts, maybe you should do a little more reading.

I read both sets of them, and the one about Palin disturb me more.
I'd agree with you on this actually.

Why do you keep bringing up economics talk when I'm talking about things that doesn't relate to it? If you want me to read about the subject, tell me what to read and I'll do it. Just because some of us don't agree with the things you say doesn't mean we are stupid and not know about things you talk about. This discussion would be a lot more productive if you would stop assuming you're the only knowledgeable one about economics and instead go back to talking about the issues/candidates.
He told you to read up on Economics and on other government policies - these are important for making a decision for a candidate.  I personally think these are better then watching flashy ads.

http://books.google.com/books?as_auth=Adam+Smith

New subjectarea... . What do you guys think will be the end result?
Use this as a template: http://news.yahoo.com/election/2008/dashboard;_ylt=AhgjsLqNhpEo3azNCUK68sJsnwcF
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 03:59:26 AM by HaVoK »

Hallander

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 20, 2008, 03:33:22 AM »

Obama. I'm tired of seeing old, white men running the USA.

IronMan

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 24, 2008, 06:05:02 AM »

Obama. I'm tired of seeing old, white men running the USA.

So you like black people ?  8)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 30 queries.