*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 03, 2024, 09:58:11 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: My dream computer parts, someday…  (Read 2474 times)

Loaded

My dream computer parts, someday…
« on: June 08, 2005, 08:29:10 AM »

Well here is what I have so far for my “Dream Computer”. I haven’t found a case yet, I just can’t seem to find something I am happy with.

Below is just the major things… Cooling and so on, I will find all that later. So let me know what you all think with what have setup here…

MoBo... A8N-SLI Deluxe $176.00

CPU... AMD Athlon 64 4000+ ClawHammer/Hammer Integrated into Chip FSB 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor $475.00

Ram... Kingston ValueRAM 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory $82.77
(I am thinking of 2ea 1GB for less then $200)

Video Card... ASUS EN6800GT/2DT/256MB Geforce 6800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI-Express x16 Video Card $396.00 (Insane should be happy with this one)

Well there it is. I know I can get the wife to let me get a part at a time. So it could take me 6 mouths or more to get it all together.

(who knows if I should had put this here in this part of the forums or somewhere else, but with the pics I thought why not)

*MAFIA* Phantom

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 08:37:26 AM »

tell me loaded what are you gonna do with all that computer power? get rid of your dial up first then work on the CPU POWER!

Loaded

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 09:12:06 AM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Phantom
tell me loaded what are you gonna do with all that computer power? get rid of your dial up first then work on the CPU POWER!

I know what you mean... BUT there is NOTHING I can do about HS until it happens on its own (the companies have to come here). Also, yes I know this could be fast and that is why I picked the things I have, I will need it to last for YEARS. Right now what I have (p-4 1.8 and 1gb of dsram) is done me well for 3 years, but it is time to work on something new (well try to).

If you think about for around $1,100.00 and using my drives that I have now, how could you go wrong? I box already made with what I have above would cost, what $3000 or more.

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 09:20:26 AM »

Ok few things.

Skip the 4000+ and get an FX53 or FX55.

I suggest you get a gig of dual channel, or something faster than what you have there anyway.

Might as well spend the few extra bucks and get the Ultra.

Loaded

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 01:04:03 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Ins4n3
Ok few things.

Skip the 4000+ and get an FX53 or FX55.

I suggest you get a gig of dual channel, or something faster than what you have there anyway.

Might as well spend the few extra bucks and get the Ultra.

What about the MoBo? Good?

How new are the FX55s?  I can't find that CPU at newegg. Why go with FX53 or FX 55? (if I can use them on the above board)

RAM... Isn't it Dual Channel in my list? And it is 2x512

The v-card... What I have there is from ASUS, I don't see the Ultra with their name on it (at newegg) Why go with the Ultra?

I am seeing what you are telling me to put on my list, I just need more info WHY.

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 03:09:58 PM »

I couldn't tell you on the mobo, I'd have to read about it.

The FX55 is currently the best processor in the world as far as I'm concerned. Most Intel enthusiasts would say otherwise, but what do they know anyway. Of course I'm talking about just home PCs and not xeons and whatnot since I dont know shit about those. Although I would wait to buy it until they release the FX57 because the price will go down.

Yeah, I must have gotten confused because you said "I am thinking of 2ea 1GB for less then $200". Although if you are planning on getting 2 gigs, I say you get 2 1 gig sticks and run them in dual channel. If you want this computer to run for a few years as you said you will at LEAST have to upgrade your memory and you don't want to waste all your slots with 512 sticks you'll just end up having to get rid of in a few years when you want to upgrade.

For a v-card I suggest the 6800 Ultra from either eVGA or BFG. I have the eVGA and it runs fan-fuckin-tastic. BFG is a GREAT company and their cards come overclocked with a warranty from the factory. If you have a problem with the card they'll just send you a brand new one to replace yours. The BFG is a bit more than the eVGA but if you have the money, I say get the BFG.

WHY the Ultra? Well it's just plain better ;) Ap3 Tit could probably explain the technical shit as to why, but all I know is I had both and the Ultra just seems a wee bit faster in my opinion.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 04:46:07 PM »

I agree with phantom get hs first and no need to get the top end shit in 1 week you will have 5 more models ahead of your new "old" hardware get you an fx5500 or like an 9600 a good gig of ddram and a soyo or msi etc mobo with agp or you can try pci express althou I would wait and see how it goes most games dont use it yet as not many have it.

your choice but what you want would be a waste even a few years down the road again your choice.

Brick

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mdkhacks.com
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2005, 04:54:55 PM »

i have the nvidia 6800 PCIE and i am very impressed. i like it alot, i must say i have pushed it to it limits as far as gaming and have never had video lag. but i also run 2 gigs of ddr2 533.

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2005, 05:02:11 PM »

Well I agree about HS, thats obviously your first priority.

As for hardware, I think what you are looking at there is a good idea. If you want to be running next gen games at 1280x1024 with all high settings no FX5500 is going to do that.  I don't know if you do, thats just an example. Hell to run just Doom 3 on ultra you need a 512 MB graphics card.

That's an alright mobo although i don't know about the company, I'd say go with an asus or msi if you find one you like.

As for ram, yeah a gig will probably be alright, although IF master lets you I say go for 2, more is always better, despite how Bonehead always say "you'll never use it".

I read an article, don't know if I got it here or where I got it, but it said in 5 years or so if computers move at the same rate they are now home PCs will easily be running 8GB of RAM.

Loaded

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2005, 07:06:35 PM »

Ok thanks guys... Like I said maybe one day. So even if I was able to get what I said above by the time I do, the cost will go down I am sure. All of this is a "wish list"

Insane about the ram... That's what I was saying. My list now says 2 of 512 =1gb OR 2 1g =2g. What I have up there comes in "2"s So yes I would go for 2 sticks of 1g if I would be able to go with 2g of ram.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 30 queries.