*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 02, 2024, 06:23:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: The universe  (Read 52181 times)

*MAFIA* Capsloc

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Elusive Gamers
Re: The universe
« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2006, 01:45:43 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* KrautKiller
What if our universe is actually the body of someone, and we are the cells of his body?  That might explain god :)

wow, sometimes it seems like you are not the smartest person in the world lol

Elliott Smith

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2006, 02:12:11 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* ßlåkjáx
so you saying that followers of God are blind to the physical aspects of this world? And no my faith will never disappear, no matter what were to happen.

I guess I was just indicating a trend.  Fact often debunks superstition.  I believe that faith in God is irrational, premature and invalid, i.e. a superstition that fact debunks.

Quote from: *MAFIA* Balthazar
So in the future do you think all views are destined to become existentialist?

I think of existentialism as a departure from science, and up to this point I think I've only provided support for science.  I believe that objective information exists and is useful.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2006, 02:12:55 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* ChrisDaKilla
wow, [COLOR="Red"]everytime you speak[/COLOR] it seems like you are not the smartest person in the world lol

there chris, i fixed your mistake. LOL

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2006, 02:32:56 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Elliott Smith
All I'm saying is that through your empirical evidence, e.g. a "working" ecosystem, I can find no rationale for concluding the existance of a god.  Where do you draw the line?  What is too amazing to be without God?  Isn't everything blurry and confusing until we gather information to smooth it out?

Its not "my" empirical evidence.  Once again, I agree with both sides - I can see how everything works together almost perfectly, as if it has a creator.  But I also agree with you that a working ecosystem is no evidence of existance of God.  You can't just tell someone to walk outside and explain the carbon cycle and tell them its God's work, and they'll become a believer.  That's why I said in my other post that I'm staying out of the science part of this and just focusing on the Bible and evidence of people's lives.  I don't know where you draw the line, or what is too amazing without God, or if everything is blurry and confusing until we smooth it out.  I just know there are two ways to look at it - from a Christian perspective and a non-Christian perspective, and the two sides will always agree on some things and always disagree on certain things.

Elliott Smith

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2006, 05:33:24 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Beetlejuice
Its not "my" empirical evidence.  Once again, I agree with both sides - I can see how everything works together almost perfectly, as if it has a creator.  But I also agree with you that a working ecosystem is no evidence of existance of God.  You can't just tell someone to walk outside and explain the carbon cycle and tell them its God's work, and they'll become a believer.  That's why I said in my other post that I'm staying out of the science part of this and just focusing on the Bible and evidence of people's lives.  I don't know where you draw the line, or what is too amazing without God, or if everything is blurry and confusing until we smooth it out.  I just know there are two ways to look at it - from a Christian perspective and a non-Christian perspective, and the two sides will always agree on some things and always disagree on certain things.

Fair enough.

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2006, 06:59:26 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* giothermal
Look you stupid and idiots. There is a god. If you think there is no god, then you are an idiot.  
For promoting a religion that stresses it's acceptance of others regardless of their beliefs, that's a very narrow-minded and harsh statement. You're basically saying everyone who doesn't think what you think is wrong and incompitent. Think before writing something like that, not everyone believes in what you believe, keep that in mind.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 07:51:30 PM by *MAFIA* Wasserfaller »
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

giothermal

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2006, 10:29:26 PM »

Well i said that because it was short and to the point. but of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion. i just speak from what i have read and seen.

And a lot of people dont believe what i believe but that is why we have conflict.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2006, 10:39:50 PM »

Well i said that because it was short and to the point. but of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion. i just speak from what i have read and seen.

And a lot of people dont believe what i believe but that is why we have conflict.

but gio being a christian has also intiltled to it reaching out to others and sharing the gosple. and saying "if you dont believe it your and idiot" isnt a good way to do that. it just keeps people from comming to God and actually pushes them even farther away.

giothermal

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2006, 10:54:35 PM »

I know but how many people here are gonna get pushed away.

i meant it more in a sense of humor than serious. But seriously then i believe people dont believe in god because..... i dont know somebody tell me why not.

Koekiemonster

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 11, 2006, 01:58:25 AM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Beetlejuice
So did you just make that up about what happens when we die or were you inspired by something?  I'm just curious.  Anyway, We do know about God, not everything because we just cannot comprehend it, but we know enough.  Read the Bible and you will learn more.  As far as our universe lying in another place - that doesn't really make sense - our universe lies right where it is, which is here, wherever we are in terms of space.   And no, he's not sitting at a table with "fellow gods."
Well accually I have thought about this stuff alot and I hade long discussions with friends about it, also in the past when I was still going to churh. It is all very simple, no heaven, no hell. When you die, then that's it, you are dead. Only that energie within you, your chi, your soul, that stuff you need your 6st sence for to understand (call it what you want) survives. It also lives on in the lives of the people you leave behind and impressions you made etc ... you changed that Global/Universal energie a little bit. Anyway that is how I like to see it ;)

Quote from:  *MAFIA* KrautKiller
What if our universe is actually the body of someone, and we are the cells of his body? That might explain god
I don't think this is all that stupid haha, think about it. Your body, or anything else for that matter, is made of molecules wich in there turn are made of atoms and there protons, neutrons and electrons, wich circel around an induvidual atom kinda like a "small Gallaxy"!! (And there are even tinier particals for that matter, but we have no proof of that jet). Now think of this "small Gallaxy" as our Gallaxy and look into outerspace and see all the other Gallaxies ... if all these Gallaxies where to be molecules then we indead would be part of something else. And that something else inturn, would also be part of something even bigger etc ... see, it is not at all impossible, it's pretty far fetched but far from impossible!!

Quote from:  *MAFIA* giothermal
i meant it more in a sense of humor than serious. But seriously then i believe people dont believe in god because..... i dont know somebody tell me why not.
I think you are looking at it the wrong way Gio. You ask yourself why some people DO NOT believe in God as if it were the trueth. I say to that, why DO you believe in God or in anything else for that matter. You infact are the one who has chosen to believe in something, therefor you are the one that should be able to explaine why you believe. Not the people that do not believe in God. :|
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 02:03:41 AM by Koekiemonster »

Elliott Smith

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2006, 05:11:43 AM »

Quote from: Koekiemonster
I don't think this is all that stupid haha, think about it. Your body, or anything else for that matter, is made of molecules wich in there turn are made of atoms and there protons, neutrons and electrons, wich circel around an induvidual atom kinda like a "small Gallaxy"!! (And there are even tinier particals for that matter, but we have no proof of that jet). Now think of this "small Gallaxy" as our Gallaxy and look into outerspace and see all the other Gallaxies ... if all these Gallaxies where to be molecules then we indead would be part of something else. And that something else inturn, would also be part of something even bigger etc ... see, it is not at all impossible, it's pretty far fetched but far from impossible!!

I still think it's quite stupid.  We have defined a cell, given it a definition.  A planet does not fit the profile of a cell.  Therefore, the planets could not be the cells of an organism.
I think you are looking at it the wrong way Gio. You ask yourself why some people DO NOT believe in God as if it were the trueth. I say to that, why DO you believe in God or in anything else for that matter. You infact are the one who has chosen to believe in something, therefor you are the one that should be able to explaine why you believe. Not the people that do not believe in God. :|

Correctamundo.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2006, 11:14:13 AM »

Quote from: '*MAFIA* [) ! A B L 0'
WTF WE HACK GAMES WHAT IS THIS CRAP

Its for the wise people of this forum to deepen their level of thinking.  NOOB!

Look you stupid and idiots. There is a god. If you think there is no god, then you are an idiot.

Ha, I just overlooked that because I thought he was joking.  It was funny.  I hope he was kidding, but if he wasn't, then yeah, like you guys said, he probably should have kept that to himself.  But just because Gio says he beleives in God, doesn't mean he's perfect and that everything he says or does is just or "right."  

Christians get held up to higher standards for what they believe in, they're always under a microscope by the non-believers, waiting for them to mess up, do/say something wrong, "sin," if you will.  And once that happens, people are ready to jump all over them.  Just keep this in mind when you guys do that - only one person has or will ever live a perfect life, and that was Jesus Christ.  All of his followers are trying to do the same, but of course since we are human, that is impossible.  That is why we need him.

I agree with you guys, he should not have said that if in fact he did mean it.  But if you are looking for answers on how to live, don't look to me or Gio or anyone else.  We can help you by telling you what we know about the Bible, and we can TRY to be a good example, but once again the place you should be looking is in the word of God and the life of Jesus.

Well accually I have thought about this stuff alot and I hade long discussions with friends about it, also in the past when I was still going to churh. It is all very simple, no heaven, no hell. When you die, then that's it, you are dead. Only that energie within you, your chi, your soul, that stuff you need your 6st sence for to understand (call it what you want) survives. It also lives on in the lives of the people you leave behind and impressions you made etc ... you changed that Global/Universal energie a little bit. Anyway that is how I like to see it ;)

Maybe you are having long discussions with the wrong people, or maybe the discussions are about the wrong thing.  I don't know.  I do know that this could go on forever.  I think I pretty much know by now how you feel, and you should know how I feel by now since I've already stated it a few times.  There's really nothing left to discuss, concerning this topic.  But if you have more questions then feel free to fire away.

Quote from: *MAFIA* Elliott Smith
Correctamundo.

I know you're referring to Gio but I just wanted to add something here real quick.  I don't think he should be asking why some people DON'T believe in God, he should already know that.  I too once didn't believe in God and there are a lot of reasons why NOT to.  The thing is, once we do believe, we are commanded to spread the news, to tell others of the gospel, and to share our story.  That is what we are doing.  We've not trying to convert or "save" anyone, that is not our job.  We are not capable of doing that, only Jesus can change one's heart regarding that.

Yes, I in fact am the one who has chosen to believe in something, and therefore I am the one that should be able to explain why I believe it.  I think I've done so in previous posts before this one, try going back and re-reading.  If you still don't understand why I believe then ask me again and I'll try to be more clear about it for you.  Thanks for being mature about this discussion and not turning it into an angry argument.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 11:36:35 AM by *MAFIA* Beetlejuice »

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 11, 2006, 11:45:57 AM »

What if aliens came to Earth and did gene splicing on the Cro-Magnon, since we can create mutations in other species, maybe another species mutated us, making it so that our skulls and body stances changed?  That sounds more reasonable actually.

*MAFIA* Capsloc

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Elusive Gamers
« Reply #118 on: August 11, 2006, 01:18:25 PM »

What if aliens came to Earth and did gene splicing on the Cro-Magnon, since we can create mutations in other species, maybe another species mutated us, making it so that our skulls and body stances changed?  That sounds more reasonable actually.

wow..........

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 11, 2006, 04:22:53 PM »

sounds more reasonable than what? you having a brain? i agree.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 27 queries.