*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 02, 2024, 12:35:01 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: The universe  (Read 52161 times)

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: The universe
« Reply #135 on: August 15, 2006, 07:18:34 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Balthazar
Well, he was from the middle-east so he probably had an olive tint to his skin and being the son of god he was probably well endowed so that's probably not too far from the truth...

that's a subtlety that's often overlooked i think...whenev er i see a picture of jesus, he's always white. If he came from the middle east, i bet he'd be a hairy dark-skinned man, not some aryan blonde that he is often depicted to be. Just something that's bothered me for a while...
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

Koekiemonster

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2006, 04:00:51 AM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* ChrisDaKilla
yeah that means that if you believe in jesus, (meaning that you have faith in him and do god's will, not just say oh i believe and jesus and there) then you will get eternal life.
That's exactly what I ment, it's not just believing. It's about doing God's will, and believing that it is the right way to live, to take his examples and if you need to, you sacrifice your son for the greater cause like he did etc ... How many of todays Christan's can say they are treuly the followers of God, and that their one and only goal in live is to serve his will, I bett not even 5%. Most people these days just say they believe, so they can be sure of an afterlive, they think. They don't even go to church on sundays anymore. This is not the way it was ment to be. You either treuly "believe" like Chris was saying, or you just don't believe at all.

Quote from: *Mafia*Lightning
Well my bible says it was all created in 6 days. If you want a bible debate just ask I can help. I spent many years in school refining what I believe instead of the propoganda that the Govt. told me I needed to learn. You may wanna break out a Bible, I think you should try KJV very easy to read and read the first book its called Genesis. It explains a lot. There are many forshadows of the trinity, the idea of Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Verse 1 creation of the universe and man. Verse 7 tells about how the flood and how this created the first rains. Before this there was no storms or rain. Just dew in the morning. Verse 11 tells about the seperation and how god eventually created numerious races as a punishment to man. Even Verse 16 talks about the creation of the crazy Muslim sect that we refer to as Al-Quida. And I can go on and on. But hey this was written thousands of years ago how can they predict the rise of Christian haters.

Peace.
I know these verses about the creation of everything, it is just that I don't believe one word of them. There is nothing special about them, I myself could have come up with something like that for people to believe in. There is no sence in debating the Bible with me Lightning, you believe it and I don't. Also, the stuff you are referring to are just some events that presumably happened by the one who wrote them down, it has totally nothing to do with the essence of being a true Christian. As I said before, I don't think you understand what is ment by "BELIEVING" in God. It is not about reading up on stuff from the Bible, it is about accually executing these believes in your live. You are making a big mistake, thinking you will end up in heaven by just saying that you believe and that the Bible is right. It is not ment to be that easy.

Now then Beetle, do you still wanna tell me that I don't understand?? :)

Quote from: *Mafia* Wasserfaller
that's a subtlety that's often overlooked i think...whenev er i see a picture of jesus, he's always white. If he came from the middle east, i bet he'd be a hairy dark-skinned man, not some aryan blonde that he is often depicted to be. Just something that's bothered me for a while...
Don't forget that it says in the Bible, he is the son of God, so he is not really from the middle-east!!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 04:16:59 AM by Koekiemonster »

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 16, 2006, 11:20:49 AM »

Quote from: Koekiemonster
Now then Beetle, do you still wanna tell me that I don't understand?? :)

Don't forget that it says in the Bible, he is the son of God, so he is not really from the middle-east!!

I understand what you said in your last post.  I don't agree with all of it but I understand what you're saying, if that makes sense.  But when you were telling Lightning to "trust" you, and that HE doesn't understand, that is what you didn't understand.  A Christian is not going to trust a non-Christian about what the Bible says, and they're not going to listen when a non-Christian tells them they don't understand what it is saying.  

I also think you are wrong for assuming that Lightning only believes in God and that he's making a "big mistake" for doing so and not living it.  How do you know that?  I don't think you know him that well.  I don't either, but you don't see me in here guessing what he beleieves or how he lives, or telling him he's making mistakes.  Ha.  

I think this conversation has come to the point where it is no longer progressing, its just spinning in the same circle.  It looked like Lightning was hinting towards an end when he talked about how we'll really know when we die.  If you have anything further to say, about something new, feel free.  But I think I've said all I can about this particular issue.

And yes, even though Jesus is the Son of God - he lived a human life.  Meaning he looked like the humans he was born to and lived with, so yes, he had a darker tone to his skin and stuff since he was in the middle east.   Does that even really matter though?  Not to me.

Koekiemonster

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 16, 2006, 11:18:05 PM »

Beetle, I agree that I don't know Lightning well enough to be absolutely sure, but I see no posts by him that proove me otherwise, and him telling me I am a moron, and that I will perish and go to hell, like he did in post 130, isn't really helping to convice me he is living his life like a real Christian. Anyways, I don't realy care either, no hard feelings. And yes I also have said what I wanted to say, so I have nothing further at this point.

Lightning

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 17, 2006, 10:09:12 AM »

Quote from: Koekiemonster
Beetle, I agree that I don't know Lightning well enough to be absolutely sure, but I see no posts by him that proove me otherwise, and him telling me I am a moron, and that I will perish and go to hell, like he did in post 130, isn't really helping to convice me he is living his life like a real Christian. Anyways, I don't realy care either, no hard feelings. And yes I also have said what I wanted to say, so I have nothing further at this point.

I think you are mistaken here Koekie.  I never mentioned Hell in any post.  And to make a statement about aliens and monkies creating our race seems moronic to me.   I can't help that I am direct when I hear/read something that seems totaly obsurd to me.  Thats where that statment came from.  I thought we were talking about the universe.  That is where my post came from.  Its not all about religion, just my point of view on the creation of the Universe.  I am trying to stay at least close to on topic.   And you are right you don't know me.  I have reserved my coments as to my religious beliefs on the afterlife and how to live your life.  

But here are a few for you.  I base all of my beliefs on what I have seen with my own eyes.  I have seen people healed, delivered and lives restored by my GOD.  That my friend is enough for me.  Science has shown me nothing and it hasn't delivered anyone from a life of addiction, destroyed families, physical infermity or fulfilling your life.  They just create more words and books on how we are disfunctional.  Ill keep trusting in my God because he is bigger than the science you propigate.  Maybe one day you will come to the realization that I live my life as an example of what I think a Christian should be like.  It has nothing to do with the words that come out of your mouth but the life you live.  If you walk the walk then you will talk the talk.

If you want to talk about a true Christian, post #138.  I can really only think of two greater than Moses, Abraham and  Noah. But hey they only lived to be 700 yrs old so they probably did know too much :).  Ohh sorry I am debating the bible.  Maybe if you thought of the bible as a history book instead of a religious book you might get more out of it.  Because that is really what it is.  Numerious authors that documented history.  Ohh yeah it was Inspired by GOD.  And Jesus was middle-eastern.  Ahh Jew perhaps.

Koekiemonster

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 17, 2006, 11:05:46 AM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Lightning
I think you are mistaken here Koekie. I never mentioned Hell in any post. And to make a statement about aliens and monkies creating our race seems moronic to me. I can't help that I am direct when I hear/read something that seems totaly obsurd to me. Thats where that statment came from. I thought we were talking about the universe. That is where my post came from. Its not all about religion, just my point of view on the creation of the Universe. I am trying to stay at least close to on topic. And you are right you don't know me. I have reserved my coments as to my religious beliefs on the afterlife and how to live your life.

First of all, yes you did mentioned me going to hell and you are not, and thereby saying you are better than me right here:
Quote from: *MAFIA* Lightning
Lets just say that if me, beete, gio and Chris are wrong then we all end up in the same place after we die.  In the grave.  But by our account if we are right then we end up in heaven and well non-believers end up not so happy.  :)

Further more, you believe stuff because of the way you interped things that happen around you. That doesn't mean you are right and I am wrong, or vise versa for that matter, it is just the way you experience this. And i really don't like this respectles additude you have against non believers. I do not respect you any less because you are a believer, but you don't seem to have any respect for what non believers believe, since you say they all will perish and go to hell. Explain to me how this behaviour makes you a better man then me Lightning :|

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #141 on: August 30, 2007, 04:20:50 AM »

Old thread I know, but I miss the good old civil debates we used to have.

Boemann (nl)

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 30, 2007, 04:27:05 AM »

Old thread I know, but I miss the good old civil debates we used to have.
Quite a few turned into arguments though, some people don't know how to debate about something. Shame.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 30, 2007, 09:46:28 AM »

This is the longest thread I ever made I think.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #144 on: August 30, 2007, 10:43:58 AM »

I would live to have a good clean debate thread going on. I may start one :)

*MAFIA* MAGGOT

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
  • OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 30, 2007, 10:56:12 AM »

I would live to have a good clean debate thread going on. I may start one :)

hmmmm i see. Blakjax wants to sleep with your lover/sister.
                             DEBATE!

"At some point in their lives, 1 in 6 children will be abducted by the dutch." ~The fact core, Portal 2.

*MAFIA* [StimPH]

« Reply #146 on: August 30, 2007, 11:14:18 AM »

the universe just never stops.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #147 on: August 30, 2007, 11:19:33 AM »

maggot don't make me remove your posting rights...

I agree stimph the universe does not have an end, it does go on forever, and to think god has named each and every star, planet is just a mind blower.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 30, 2007, 11:45:03 AM »

hmmmm i see. Blakjax wants to sleep with your lover/sister.
                             DEBATE!
You think I would sleep with Bone's sister? I don't want Bone's filthy STD's.

Boemann (nl)

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 30, 2007, 12:05:49 PM »

I see the universe as one gigantic orb, without an beginning or ending
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 27 queries.