*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 08, 2024, 08:34:44 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: nvidia vs. ATI Radeon  (Read 3920 times)

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
nvidia vs. ATI Radeon
« on: December 04, 2005, 01:39:14 PM »

well as far as i know nvidia kicks radeons ass... i was wondering what you guys think... nvidia has the GeForce 7800 card and i was wondering if anyone knew the radeon version of this card... also does anyone know about nvidia's SLi technology, i know that it makes it so you can have 2 graphic cards on one motherboard for ONE screen to make the graphics better, but is there and other things it does, plus how do you know what mother board to buy that would support this kind of thing?

*MAFIA* Phantom

nvidia vs. ATI Radeon
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 02:12:44 PM »

you have to have an overall knowledge of computers if you are gonna make a custom computer otherwise you are gonna buy parts that wont work with other parts.  As for the video cards...the people that have an nvidia will say the nvidias are better and the people that have the radeons will say the radeons are better.  SLI mode makes graphics better plus can support more monitors and pretty much dual anything.

Swifty

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
nvidia vs. ATI Radeon
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 02:25:06 PM »

Technically NVIDIA beats all of ATI's cards...  And Nvidias SLI beats ATI-s Crossfire.  (crossfire is ATI's two videocard ripoff of sli)  Anywho no ATI card can compete with the NVIDIA 7800 GTX..

*MAFIA* Capsloc

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Elusive Gamers
nvidia vs. ATI Radeon
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 02:25:35 PM »

I would go with ATI because they have been around for longers.  but nvidia's have better graphics. if you want to use an SLI feature u have to buy an nvidia motherboard that has the SLI technology.

[DOA] *Typer*

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
nvidia vs. ATI Radeon
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 02:47:07 PM »

I'll go for nvidia because it has better graphics and stuff. ATI fucken messed up my computer once, and it sucks like shit so I'll go for nvidia which I have in my computer.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
nvidia vs. ATI Radeon
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 02:55:08 PM »

You are all retarded I own and use nothing but ati, I currently have an ati radeon x850xtpe 256 pcie. This card is awsome and is the same as the nvidia 7800gtx both have 16 texel pipes the nvidia says it has 24 however people dont realise that the 24 is really 16 hardware and 8 software and when you software 8 texel pipes it drags your processor down hence they want you to have a top of the line cpu.

Ati does not software their texel pipes and I have yet to find anything to bog my ati down fear with all max all AA max and even soft shadows it runs smooth and never even gets really warm.

Its your preference as to what you go with but dont say its crap unless you understand the hardware and just so you know most computer promlems happen due to user error.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
nvidia vs. ATI Radeon
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2005, 02:55:55 PM »

I use ATI and have never had a problem with it.  NVidia seems to be a bit more popular.  Its just a matter of personal preference.  Like Phantom said, people will argue for what they have....

Swifty

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
nvidia vs. ATI Radeon
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2005, 03:20:41 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Bonehead
You are all retarded I own and use nothing but ati, I currently have an ati radeon x850xtpe 256 pcie. This card is awsome and is the same as the nvidia 7800gtx both have 16 texel pipes the nvidia says it has 24 however people dont realise that the 24 is really 16 hardware and 8 software and when you software 8 texel pipes it drags your processor down hence they want you to have a top of the line cpu.

Ati does not software their texel pipes and I have yet to find anything to bog my ati down fear with all max all AA max and even soft shadows it runs smooth and never even gets really warm.

Its your preference as to what you go with but dont say its crap unless you understand the hardware and just so you know most computer promlems happen due to user error.

WRONNNNNGGG...  Well I have a pci-e 7800 gtx and I can have everything on MAX with max AA and shadows and I have 160 fps.  Nvidia is now better then Radeon.  Last year though I would have bought a radeon but not now...

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
nvidia vs. ATI Radeon
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2005, 03:22:41 PM »

This is all I'm going to quote:
Quote from: *MAFIA* Phantom
As for the video cards...the people that have an nvidia will say the nvidias are better and the people that have the radeons will say the radeons are better.

Swifty

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
nvidia vs. ATI Radeon
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2005, 04:05:11 PM »

We dont need spam beatle and thats what that was

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
nvidia vs. ATI Radeon
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2005, 05:04:52 PM »

Ha, like you have never spammed?  I didn't think my post was that bad but whatever.
Anyway, I apologize.  I will step back now and let all of you finish your conversation.  
Here's is the original purpose of this thread so we don't get sidetracked:
Quote from: *MAFIA* ßlåkjáx
well as far as i know nvidia kicks radeons ass... i was wondering what you guys think... nvidia has the GeForce 7800 card and i was wondering if anyone knew the radeon version of this card... also does anyone know about nvidia's SLi technology, i know that it makes it so you can have 2 graphic cards on one motherboard for ONE screen to make the graphics better, but is there and other things it does, plus how do you know what mother board to buy that would support this kind of thing?

Loaded

nvidia vs. ATI Radeon
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2005, 07:31:14 PM »

I have a ATI 1800XL... I love it. Best thing to tell you read, read and read some more on the web. You will not get what you are looking for here. Google for 7800 GTX and the ATI 1800XL and see what you get. I know after you look on the net what way you will go, I'll watch this thread.

FYI... I have seen problems on the NET with Nvidia drivers when I new game comes out, so if you go with Nvidia be ready to update your drivers after getting some top of the line game. BUT I will tell you this Nvidia is great at getting new drivers out ASAP when they see a problem. I will stay with ATI, no Nvidia for me.

Good luck.

Boemann (nl)

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
nvidia vs. ATI Radeon
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2005, 07:04:31 AM »

I got a GeForce TI 4200   :), its runs everything, but its sometimes laggy. My new pc will have a Nvidia card, simply because i never had porblems with it, and i've allways had a Nvidia

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
nvidia vs. ATI Radeon
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2005, 01:28:52 PM »

ok first of all, SLi is for 1 screen not 2... and second what motherboards support SLi technology?

Loaded

nvidia vs. ATI Radeon
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2005, 06:40:58 AM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* ßlåkjáx
ok first of all, SLi is for 1 screen not 2... and second what motherboards support SLi technology?

Um not true... You can run 1, 2, 3, and even 4 screens with Sli (well when running in SLI mode, 2 screens max). What motherBoards?, well you should be asking what companies and I will tell you MOST if not ALL of them do. Google SLI with the name of a few companies like ABIT, ASUS, DFi, MSI, just to name a few OR go here to NEW EGG and look around.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 29 queries.