*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 08, 2024, 11:39:13 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: nvidia vs. ATI Radeon  (Read 3922 times)

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
nvidia vs. ATI Radeon
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2005, 05:23:57 PM »

Quote from: Loaded
Um not true... You can run 1, 2, 3, and even 4 screens with Sli (well when running in SLI mode, 2 screens max). What motherBoards?, well you should be asking what companies and I will tell you MOST if not ALL of them do. Google SLI with the name of a few companies like ABIT, ASUS, DFi, MSI, just to name a few OR go here to NEW EGG and look around.

realy? i thought i was meant for 1 screen, and jsut made better graphics... o and 1 more thing, what mother board doe you guys prefer? somthing with 939 socket... i getting  a Athlon 3500+

Loaded

nvidia vs. ATI Radeon
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2005, 07:24:43 PM »

IF you are going AMD YES 939, I have a ABIT AN8 Ultra (no SLI) running a AMD 64 3500 venice core with 2 gigs of ram, my 3dMark05 is around 7300.

If you want to go SLI go ahead, but I don't think at this time or anytime soon it is anything people say it is. Sure if you want to say you have 50% better frame rates (if you get that much), well so be it. Me I would rather spend the money on a NEW card instead of going off and getting a new OLD card to make SLI. I think you get great FPS if you get just a ONE card MoBo and just keep upgrading when a new card comes out... Thank about it, would you rather replace one card or two cards when you fall behind and it is time to upgrade? Up to you.

Swifty

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
nvidia vs. ATI Radeon
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2005, 08:07:31 PM »

Okay well I got the DFI LANPARTY NF4 ULTRA its a socket 939 board with SLi the SLi was $10 more so Im like why not.  Love the board love the over clocking potential.  The deal with SLI is you can use a single card in an SLI board using all 16 channels of pci express for the one video card like I am.  But if you use two video cards each card has 6 channels of bandwidth and the workload is split up (Hense better performance).  But loaded right do your own research.  Just because you get an SLI board doesnt mean you need 2 video cards strait up.  When my FPS starts fallin behind Ill buy another card and run em together.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
nvidia vs. ATI Radeon
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2005, 10:11:48 PM »

I dont need sli I have a really high end card it will be 4 to 5 years before what I have needs to be upgraded.

Swifty

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
nvidia vs. ATI Radeon
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2005, 07:32:58 PM »

Likewise I have the best monay can buy ...  BFG OC'd NVidia 7800 GTX~~

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
nvidia vs. ATI Radeon
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2005, 06:45:00 AM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Swifty
Likewise I have the best monay can buy ...  BFG OC'd NVidia 7800 GTX~~

i wish i had enough money for one of those babies damn

Swifty

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
nvidia vs. ATI Radeon
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2005, 08:08:40 AM »

SAVEUP~=D

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 27 queries.