*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 09, 2024, 10:11:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: help  (Read 3547 times)

*MAFIA* Milky Way

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
help
« on: December 17, 2005, 11:52:32 AM »

whenver i try to run BF i get this... This application has failed to start because BFVPRT.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem. i re-installed it and all and get the same message any ideas?

¿Dark?

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
help
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 12:55:11 PM »

I've never seen or heard of that problem before. Sorry.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
help
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 01:12:48 PM »

You need to unistall bfvietnam ;) and reinstall it or just unistall it.

*MAFIA* Milky Way

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
help
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 02:08:27 PM »

i dont have vietnam lol

Loaded

help
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2005, 02:24:08 PM »

Are you sure it wasn't "bfcprt.dll" ?
Go onto... C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942 and you should see it in that folder. If not I can send you mine (if that will work, 400kb in size)

OR what you would have to do is REMOVE BF by deleteing the "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942" file by going into "My Computer", then "Local Disk", then  "Program Files", then to "EA GAMES" NOW delete "Battlefield 1942" folder.

See when you remove BF from your system that folder stays with most of the files you see when you click on it, so if any of your files are damaged the installer will not overwrite them the installer will just pass them by.

In any case just remove BF like I said above then install it again and let us know what happens.

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
help
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2005, 04:53:21 PM »

loaded your back! YAY!

Sgt.Malbert

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
help
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2005, 07:17:42 AM »

that happened to my call of duty united offense so i stopped playing it and havent played it since

*MAFIA* Milky Way

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
help
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005, 03:22:18 PM »

k loaded i un installed then re installed and it worked once but when i exited out and tried to play again i got the same message again

HaVoK

• Forum Member
  • Gone
    • View Profile
help
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2005, 03:45:55 PM »

I miss you Milky.  :(

Keep trying.

Loaded

help
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2005, 04:03:49 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Milky Way
k loaded i un installed then re installed and it worked once but when i exited out and tried to play again i got the same message again

Did you use a hack when you tried it,,, ie, no CD hack, player (no fog, tag and so on) type hack? IF you did do the same over again and DO NOT use any hacks and let me know what happens. Also if you are using a player hack, PM with the hack name.

*MAFIA* Milky Way

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
help
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2005, 04:29:49 PM »

no i am not using any hacks when i try to run BF

Loaded

help
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2005, 05:16:26 PM »

Ok... I asked this a few post back... You said the file was "BFVPRT.dll" and I asked if it was "BFCPRT.dll" what one is it that you see in the message?

Loaded

help
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2005, 06:02:15 PM »

I am going to get one step ahead of you just in case it is (and it should be) the bfcprt.dll file you are missing and keep have missing after installing the game AGAIN. What I think is going on you are using Norton anit virus or spyware programs. What I think is going on is that you updated that type of program and it thinks the BF bfcprt.dll file is spyware.

So find out if that is true and make sure the file is not removed again by that program (what ever setting you could have to fix that)

I have attached the file for you so you do not have to reinstall again. I will understand if you want someone to check the file if you don’t trust me, BUT I am not the type of person to mess with anyone with a bad file to do you or anyone else harm.

Down load the file (it is in RAR, so you need WinRAR to open it) then....

Place the file in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942 (if your HD is C where the game is installed) I would had made it a self installer, but I just left it like it is just in case you don’t have the game on a C HD

To test if I am right, turn your protection off and play the game in SP mode or what ever for a bit and see what happens, But I truly believe you have a program removing the file because the program thinks the dll is spyware. Then if you feel it is working then go on line.

Let me know.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 11:02:00 PM by Loaded »

*MAFIA* Milky Way

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
help
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2005, 06:09:59 PM »

K YOU WERE RIGHT IT IS bfc NOT BFV i had someone send me that file and it said i was missing other ones as well DOA eye fixed the problem for me.. but thanks for your help as well loaded =) and i wouldent think that you would want to send me a bad file anyway so thanks it works now woot woot! I LOVE EVERYONE

Loaded

help
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2005, 06:27:52 PM »

Ok happy you got it working.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 27 queries.