*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 04, 2024, 07:25:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Data Differs From Server?  (Read 2199 times)

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Data Differs From Server?
« on: October 02, 2007, 08:26:23 AM »

Ok Ive got this problem that when I try to connect to some servers I can't, and get an error message "Data Differs From Server" I thought is was something to do with Misfits patches so I uninstalled everything apart from: "Server Super Secret Special bunker Patches" which after the un-installation I get a pop-up saying "blah blah The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and the thing stays in my add/remove programs list.

So I thought I'd just drag out the modded maps .rfa files from my C:/Program Files/EA GAMES/Battlefield 1942/Mods/BF1942/Archives/bf1942/levels   Ie. Every other suquential version of maps that the patches probably added such as: Wake_000.rfa , Wake_003.rfa , Wake_020.rfa , Wake_021.rfa but then when I tried to play on any server including ours nothing would load so I pasted them all back.

So basically how do I un-install that patch or what do I have to delete so I can play on everyone elses servers. Oh I also tried using the uninstall icon actually in the levels folder for that patch but I get the same error message :confused:
Appreciate it if anyone has any Idea's  :)

Boemann (nl)

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Data Differs From Server?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 08:41:54 AM »

Ok Ive got this problem that when I try to connect to some servers I can't, and get an error message "Data Differs From Server" I thought is was something to do with Misfits patches so I uninstalled everything apart from: "Server Super Secret Special bunker Patches" which after the un-installation I get a pop-up saying "blah blah The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and the thing stays in my add/remove programs list.

So I thought I'd just drag out the modded maps .rfa files from my C:/Program Files/EA GAMES/Battlefield 1942/Mods/BF1942/Archives/bf1942/levels   Ie. Every other suquential version of maps that the patches probably added such as: Wake_000.rfa , Wake_003.rfa , Wake_020.rfa , Wake_021.rfa but then when I tried to play on any server including ours nothing would load so I pasted them all back.

So basically how do I un-install that patch or what do I have to delete so I can play on everyone elses servers. Oh I also tried using the uninstall icon actually in the levels folder for that patch but I get the same error message :confused:
Appreciate it if anyone has any Idea's  :)

Well dune, if you really removed all the maps with  _000 and _003 then thats where your problem lies... the _000, _001 and _003 files are original files. So put only those back, and you should be all set :)

Didn't read your whole post btw, so I might have overlooked something

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 08:49:42 AM »

Yeah I put those back I realised those were the original files when nothing loaded at all LOL but I still have the same problem with the "Data Differs From Server" thing when I try to connect to some other servers. MG reckons it something to do with PB servers.

Boemann (nl)

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 09:19:04 AM »

Yeah I put those back I realised those were the original files when nothing loaded at all LOL but I still have the same problem with the "Data Differs From Server" thing when I try to connect to some other servers. MG reckons it something to do with PB servers.
I thought I'd kick you if you had a wrong version or something simular. but you could always try to update punkbuster http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=support-bf1942.php

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 11:23:36 AM »

if it says "data differs from server" then it's not PB, if it was you would get a PB message. Re-install, doesn't take too long. Or you could double check that you have all of the _00 and _001 _003 files still. Does this happen with EVERY map, or just a certain few?
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 11:26:16 AM »

Quit noobing around and resinstall.

Loaded

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 12:09:52 PM »

Dune... Anything else at all installed into your game? Like skin add ons, Merciless Creations, rifle site add on and so on? It isn't just maps that a content check is made on, if you are on a "pure" server the core of BF42 is checked.

Even having DC of FH installed "could" (not all the time, but it could happen) get you kicked.

EDIT... I just thought of something, if you have it installed remove the patch switcher file from the main BF42 folder or just remove the switcher completely and just reinstall when you want to switch back and forth. Try that. Also if you can play BF42 with no CD (you know what I am talking about), that could stop you from getting on a server as well, but me, that has never happen to.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 12:22:05 PM by *MAFIA* Loaded »

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2007, 07:03:09 AM »

Dune... Anything else at all installed into your game? Like skin add ons,
Even having DC
I have DC but that never effected anything before
I just thought of something, if you have it installed remove the patch switcher file from the main BF42 folder or just remove the switcher completely
Just tried that but unfortuately got the same message

Ah fuck it! I can still play on ours and a few other servers and I can always just re-install the game but I'm too lazy to download the 1.6 patch again cos my CD version is 1.0. Thanks for the ideas though  :)

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 29 queries.