*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 18, 2024, 02:57:10 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Snare Force  (Read 1550 times)

Partyboy

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Snare Force
« on: January 26, 2007, 06:13:45 PM »

here is me playing my solo that i will be going to competition tomorrow, "Snare Force"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXRF8gk50kg

Still pretty shaky and im still working on it.
Sorry my webcam recorded the sound so the sound quality is pretty bad.

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Snare Force
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 06:47:30 PM »

If I am able to give you some advice, here it is. Make sure your 16th notes(?) are the same length with the same amount of spacing between them if it is straight even. Don't cut off from the flam taps, if that's what you drummers call it, too early. Keep practicing and I'm sure you will do well in the competition. Good luck!

Partyboy

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Snare Force
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 06:51:11 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Roshan
If I am able to give you some advice, here it is. Make sure your 16th notes(?) are the same length with the same amount of spacing between them if it is straight even. Don't cut off from the flam taps, if that's what you drummers call it, too early. Keep practicing and I'm sure you will do well in the competition. Good luck!

Thanks. All 16th notes in this song are paradiddles so thats why its hard. And Flam taps? Flam Taps are Right flam right Left flam left repeat. I dont have any in the song...

Lightning

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Snare Force
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 07:39:11 PM »

Nice snare!  Is this marching?  I seem to remember when I played a single snare I played right hand palm up unless you were marching.   Maybe I was taught an older style.

Partyboy

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Snare Force
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 07:41:31 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Lightning
Nice snare!  Is this marching?  I seem to remember when I played a single snare I played right hand palm up unless you were marching.   Maybe I was taught an older style.

yeah we are taught that but i usually prefer my own type of articulation.. . unless i will get marked down for it. yeah its for marching. i wont actually be marching but its marching music. My first drum solo was going to be "Drum corps on the march" im sure some drummers at your school roshan have heard of it. But i broke my wrist so i had about 1 month to get it ready after i got my cast off. And its a real hard solo to be able to get that soon so last friday i got this one so i have just been trying to get it together by tomorrow. oh and the snare isnt mine :( its the schools im just borrowing it for the weekend.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 07:48:20 PM by *MAFIA* Partyboy »

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 27 queries.