*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 14, 2024, 04:13:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Confirmation of Match  (Read 5568 times)

GWAR 3:16

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Confirmation of Match
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2005, 09:28:30 AM »

You'd all better just pray to whatever god you believe in that I manage to find a bag in the next 6.5 hours.  And also that it isn't more swag.

-=USAF=- Col. Blue

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Confirmation of Match
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2005, 09:33:03 AM »

If u pm it to me there is no way i can get it to all my members.... Although wat u could do, is at 8pm kick everyone except mafia and usaf, and then tell us the password then lock it! Otherwise were basically screwed...I mean i could say it in the server but that wouldnt really work...because everyone would know it, and also we are doing this on the 1.6 server rigth? cause thats wat all my members have. Thx

*MAFIA* Phantom

Confirmation of Match
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2005, 09:57:09 AM »

Yea i'm in btw

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Confirmation of Match
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2005, 09:57:12 AM »

Quote from: -=USAF=- Col. Blue
If u pm it to me there is no way i can get it to all my members.... Although wat u could do, is at 8pm kick everyone except mafia and usaf, and then tell us the password then lock it! Otherwise were basically screwed...I mean i could say it in the server but that wouldnt really work...because everyone would know it, and also we are doing this on the 1.6 server rigth? cause thats wat all my members have. Thx

Ha alright, I guess we'll just kick everyone except USAF, tell them the password, and restart the game.  Hopefully it'll be on 1.6, I'm not sure.  If not, is there any way they can get the 1.61 update?  Here is the patch:

http://ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/pat...6_to_v1.61b.exe

-=USAF=- Col. Blue

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Confirmation of Match
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2005, 10:20:30 AM »

no not really, i mean i could get it but not the whole clan...sry!

Loaded

Confirmation of Match
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2005, 10:28:04 AM »

I don't think it would be a good thing to do to kick players from the server... Come up with something else or make a PW up and make the game for a different day.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Confirmation of Match
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2005, 11:17:18 AM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Loaded
I don't think it would be a good thing to do to kick players from the server... Come up with something else or make a PW up and make the game for a different day.

What about if we tell everybody the password at like 7:55, and ask them if they're not in mafia or usaf to please not rejoin the game until the password is off, and if they do come back then kick them?  Like when we switch to load a map, everyone will be asked the password.  That way the people who aren't in the match won't be "kicked" - they'll just simply choose not to put in the pasword.  I'm sure they'll come back and they'll understand that its a scrimmage match.  Does that make sense?

-=USAF=- Col. Blue

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Confirmation of Match
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2005, 11:26:40 AM »

i suppose..and then if u kick them its ok because they didnt listen to u! Or u could kick them but it would say kicked for clan match sry! But we need to have on 1.6 server

Loaded

Confirmation of Match
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2005, 12:34:52 PM »

Do you want the whole match fucked up by ppl that keep coming in the game and you have to keep kicking them? No I wouldn't think you would.

I still say no to the kick... You could of had this password out long ago for this match, instead of screwing around here and hoping you can kick ppl off the server after you give a PW out. IF this is the best you can do, then you have to pick another day for your match. I am sure MAFIA would understand the point of this... You can't kick public because you did not spend the time to get ALL the details ready to play.

If you think I am being unfair here, you know who to go to, but you better point them to this thread.

-=USAF=- Col. Blue

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Confirmation of Match
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2005, 12:48:05 PM »

I think ure bieng unfair... Ibve been talkign to beetlejuice about it for the past week... If the people cant deal with being kicked then thats there fault...espaci ally if it says "kicked for clan match". That hwo i feel. im not gonna change the date because 2 people dont wanna be kicked. Deal With it

Loaded

Confirmation of Match
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2005, 01:19:48 PM »

Now here is the deal… You are a clan, so you say. You are telling me you want ppl kicked from our server because YOU can not get a hold of your members to give them a password. You want to give out a PW on the server so EVERYONE in that server sees it, then when ppl come on that are not in the match you want them kicked. Thank about it, how will that work? People will be buttheads about it and keep coming on, so they will have to be kicked until they stop. NEXT you will want ppl banned from the server because they wont listen, please don’t kid yourself and think ppl are going to stay off the server after they have the PW, that will not happen. I for one am NOT going to ban someone because they have a PW and keep coming on, because that is the only step that would work if and when it gets out of control.

If you are a clan you have to get your shit together. Having a clan is more then just putting a tag on your name and saying you are clan. You have to commutated with your clan members. I understand having web sites, game servers and Vent / TS servers cost money. But God man if you have no way to talk to your ppl, how can you be a “group”. I can not believe that you can not e-mail or IM all your ppl to give them a password.

Next time just don’t go in a game server and say “You want to be in my clan? Good put on this tag and maybe someday I will see you again”

I will say this one last time… You are not kicking ppl off the server that type in your password. If you want to take that chance and hope no one comes in that is cool with me, but you are not kicking anyone.

You don’t have the server, MAFIA dose, so don’t tell me I am being UNFAIR.

Again there is a small few that can override what I have said here. If that happens no problem at all with me, I am looking out for this clan and its members in the absence of the few ppl above me. NOT one has reply to this problem , when they do I will be more then happy to step aside.

-=USAF=- Col. Blue

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Confirmation of Match
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2005, 01:26:05 PM »

That is nto what i am saying...kick everyone. except usaf and mafia, and tell them the password, then lock it. If ypu cant handle that, then a sa last resort go to http://www.clan-usaf.cjb.net, and post there anonomusly with the password. I will tell my members to go and get teh passwrord from there. I am not gonna change the date of our game because u cant kick peope once...sry.
P.S: We are setting up a vent/Ts server.

Loaded

Confirmation of Match
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2005, 02:02:56 PM »

This is the last time... NO ONE IS GETTING KICKED FROM THE SERVER. I bet you would be the 1st person to come to this site and bitch that you were kicked and would want to know why if you were not in this match.

I am not going to have our public come here and ask "Why". Tell you want how about we have the match on your server and kick your public players, sound good to you? <<< If you can't understand my point after that, then there isn't any reason for me to keep going with you.

Now once the password is set and ppl can't get back on when the map change happens, that's fine, because they will see the password needed message... No hurt feelings on their part.

LOL if you can tell everyone to go to http://www.clan-usaf.cjb.net to get the damn password then why can't you tell them the password? I don't get it, maybe I am to old to understand.

-=USAF=- Col. Blue

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Confirmation of Match
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2005, 02:09:48 PM »

fine. have beetlejuice pm the password and ill find soem way to get it out to my members..

Loaded

Confirmation of Match
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2005, 02:37:49 PM »

Quote from: -=USAF=- Col. Blue
fine. have beetlejuice pm the password and ill find soem way to get it out to my members..

I would hope so 5 of you are on the server right now.

I am sure he will see your post and have that happen ASAP.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 28 queries.