*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 08, 2024, 02:50:50 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: General McChrystal is further proof that Obama......  (Read 7557 times)

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
General McChrystal is further proof that Obama......
« on: June 22, 2010, 05:37:08 AM »

Being a firm supporter of the military, I think McChrystal has the right to say what he said, since i've been thinking the same thing for a almost 2 years without even meeting the president or his political circle.

What do you think?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/us_and_canada/10372558.stm

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
Re: General McChrystal is further proof that Obama......
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 07:05:00 AM »

politicians are just worthless period...

*MAFIA* Manowar

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
  • Hail and Kill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 07:44:10 AM »

As much as I dislike Obama I think the General over stepped his authority.  He is in the Chain of Command and was insubordinate with that comment.  I think a more appropriate responce would be "I am doing the best I can with he limited resources made available to me".  Discipline is a must in the military and it wouldn't suprise me to see him loose his command for those statements.

Ultimate embarrassment, running into a wall with a boner and breaking your nose first.

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 04:13:14 AM »

The afghan president may help the general keep his job. I think if anything, if Obama does fire McChrystal it will have a negative effect in our military since he's literally the best general that's ever been in Afghanistan, including Russian generals etc.

You have to keep in mind, McChrystal doesn't like the rules in place about civilian casualties (any many more), while Obama would rather have troops die than have a few civilian casualties. Start killing civilians and enemies that are a threat to your own soldiers and the enemies will stop hiding with them... McChrystal has reduced civilian casualties though.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 04:42:14 AM by *MAFIA* KrautKiller »

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 07:37:02 AM »

The afghan president may help the general keep his job. I think if anything, if Obama does fire McChrystal it will have a negative effect in our military since he's literally the best general that's ever been in Afghanistan, including Russian generals etc.

You have to keep in mind, McChrystal doesn't like the rules in place about civilian casualties (any many more), while Obama would rather have troops die than have a few civilian casualties. Start killing civilians and enemies that are a threat to your own soldiers and the enemies will stop hiding with them... McChrystal has reduced civilian casualties though.

Umm what? He does want few civilian casualties but he doesn't want dead soldiers either. Both of those being killed is a bad thing for him.

These modern day wars aren't like WW2 or w/e where you can just go and kill everyone and declare victory. McChrystal's strategy is to "win the hearts and minds" of the people there and that's real victory. If you start killing civilians, their friends and family are going to join the enemy and start killing more US soldiers. If you were in their position and US soldiers killed your entire family and friends, are you going to side with the Americans, or are you going to seek revenge? If you can convince the people that the Taliban are no good for them, that's long term victory. If you just kill them right now, you're going to get another generation of Taliban soldiers in a couple years who'll do the exact same thing and then we're back in the war again.

You have to understand that even though Afghanistan is labeled as a country, the people are not united. It's just a bunch of different tribes that make up the entire country. They are never going to agree on one thing, which is why this war is also very politically messy.

*MAFIA* Hellraiser

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.miller.14855377?sk=wall
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 07:46:35 AM »

Umm what? He does want few civilian casualties but he doesn't want dead soldiers either. Both of those being killed is a bad thing for him.

These modern day wars aren't like WW2 or w/e where you can just go and kill everyone and declare victory. McChrystal's strategy is to "win the hearts and minds" of the people there and that's real victory. If you start killing civilians, their friends and family are going to join the enemy and start killing more US soldiers. If you were in their position and US soldiers killed your entire family and friends, are you going to side with the Americans, or are you going to seek revenge? If you can convince the people that the Taliban are no good for them, that's long term victory. If you just kill them right now, you're going to get another generation of Taliban soldiers in a couple years who'll do the exact same thing and then we're back in the war again.

You have to understand that even though Afghanistan is labeled as a country, the people are not united. It's just a bunch of different tribes that make up the entire country. They are never going to agree on one thing, which is why this war is also very politically messy.
  Great points and valid points!!!  +rep.  I will tell you the way to win the civilians over is through Humanitarian missions, which we do, putting money into the local economy, which we do, and stop killing the innocent.  Sometimes it is easier to say then do, because there is a war, basically a gorilla war going on, and innocent people do get caught in the crossfire especially when our enemies hide in their homes, schools and mosques.  So, as long as our enemy fights like cowards, there will be innocent lives taken.  Now, on a side bar, the taliban and some of those other foreign news agencies lie about who is actually being killed.  They may say they are innocent, however, they have been seen firing rockets or mortars at NATO bases.  Taliban pays the locals $100 and up to shot RPGs, mortars and whatever else they want, and the "civilians" accept it because they are dirt poor.  It is hard to tell who is enemy and who is friendly.  They don't wear uniforms. 

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 08:06:58 AM »

Roshan I figured you could spot the troll that is so good that you think he's being serious.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 09:55:28 AM »

kill em all, take the land.

*MAFIA* Whoops

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 09:59:23 AM »

I think McChrystal has the right to say what he said

Obama doesn't think so. I was watching Jerry Springer and all of a sudden, "BREAKING NEWS!", Obama kicked out McChrystal and put in a new guy.

Thunder

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 10:16:44 AM »

Obama doesn't think so. I was watching Jerry Springer and all of a sudden, "BREAKING NEWS!", Obama kicked out McChrystal and put in a new guy.

Oh, was it the "transgendered stripper's boyfriend got a different 'woman' pregnant" episode or was it the "midget hookers daddy-baby drama" episode?

Yes, this post is sarcastic since tone doesn't transfer well over the internet.  

Edit: Sorry for being off topic. Back on topic... here is some info: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obama_mcchrystal
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 10:42:52 AM by *MAFIA* Thunder »

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 10:42:15 AM »

Obama had to get rid of him for many reasons. McChrystal basically threw everyone under the bus in Obama's administration . And anytime there is conflict with the military officials and the president, it doesn't work out because they both need to be on the same page.

Also if hadn't gotten rid of him, the republicans would say that Obama is weak because he doesn't have any power over a military guy who is bullying him.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 12:47:03 PM »

politics is like india tech support, they don't know what the fuck is going on, you don't know what the fuck they are saying. so in the end after hours of shit and hair pulling, nothing changes. because no one gives a fuck...

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 12:59:43 PM »

politics is like india tech support, they don't know what the fuck is going on, you don't know what the fuck they are saying. so in the end after hours of shit and hair pulling, nothing changes. because no one gives a fuck...

Wow, that's possibly one of the only things you've said in months that actually makes sense.

Loaded

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 01:14:05 PM »

Wow, that's possibly one of the only things you've said in months that actually makes sense.

It did? Um ok.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 02:06:57 PM »

same to ya hindu

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 27 queries.