*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 14, 2024, 07:12:09 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Application  (Read 5977 times)

TauSigmaNova

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Application
« on: January 30, 2012, 08:36:00 PM »

Hello, everybody. TauSigmaNova here, applying for Mafia!
I'm an avid Battlefield 3 PC player. I play nearly everyday, and lately in the last few days have been enjoying some time on the *MAFIA* server, usually with Abirdy and Sexual Asphyxiation Also played against Beatlejuice once, earlier today. Generally, I am a team player, and love to coordinate with squad and team members to win the round. I am currently 13. Yeah, 13. As much as I know how the internet community looks down on 13 year olds (with just cause, considering how many of them are frickin' retarded, immature, and plain out annoying [e.g. Destroyer3366]), I find myself to be a bit different. I hold myself to a certain level of maturity, at least compared to the rest of the people my age. I live in New York City, and also find myself as a generally decent player.

Though my KD is far from stellar, i bought it up from 0.23. (It took me a day or two to catch my shit after I got the game), I usually do anywhere from .75-2.0 k/d in a game, aside from a few games here and there. That said, I can use practically any weapon, aside from the AN94 and SMAW>.> Also, i don't fly. I can gun though, pretty decently.

Eh, yeah, that's about all I can say right now. As soon as I fix my mike, I'll get up on Vent (which I already set up) and chat with all you guys.
(Might as well throw in my xfire while im here: http://www.xfire.com/profile/Scomm279 )

I apologize for any grammar/spelling errors in this post, its getting near midnight and I'm tired.

*MAFIA* Malbert

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Application
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 08:49:26 PM »

K give it some time, I haven't met you yet. Just letting you know you will definitely not get my vote if you don't have a working mic.

Head Hunter

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 08:52:01 PM »

Though your application  was probably better structured than 90% of the ones we receive, you are still 13 years of age. At barely 15 years old, I was (as far as I know) the youngest member of *MAFIA*. It was a stretch. I don't see most of the members allowing a 13 year old into the clan. Also, seeing as you've only been playing the server for a few days, it's a bit early to express interest in joining. Saying you have a non working mic (as claimed by most young people who never intend on speaking in vent) is something that we hear far too often.

Prepare for an onslaught of much less courteous replies.

*MAFIA* KaMiKaZe JaP

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 08:59:34 PM »

Eh, I'd say more time. I tried joining when I was your age, and it was out of the question. So I waited, then joined later on. If you can do the same, then it'll show dedication. Also I'd be very butthurt if you got in at this age because I didn't.

TauSigmaNova

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 09:03:05 PM »

Eh, I'd say more time. I tried joining when I was your age, and it was out of the question. So I waited, then joined later on. If you can do the same, then it'll show dedication. Also I'd be very butthurt if you got in at this age because I didn't.
Age, my friend.
Is but a number.

*MAFIA* KaMiKaZe JaP

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 09:04:39 PM »

TauSigmaNova

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 09:10:16 PM »

Interesting tale, comrade.

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 09:13:09 PM »

Get a mic and get on Ventrilo. If you have high pitched squeaky voice, get a voice changer before you come on.

TauSigmaNova

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 09:17:26 PM »

Yeah, will do, hopefully by the end of this week.

*MAFIA* MAGGOT

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
  • OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 09:38:00 PM »

Though your application  was probably better structured than 90% of the ones we receive, you are still 13 years of age. At barely 15 years old, I was (as far as I know) the youngest member of *MAFIA*.
I was 14, as was blakjax.

"At some point in their lives, 1 in 6 children will be abducted by the dutch." ~The fact core, Portal 2.

Head Hunter

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 09:45:48 PM »

Well fuck you then, make him wait a year.

*MAFIA* Balthazar

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 09:52:05 PM »

Considering the thread creators age i'm forbidden from commenting in this thread...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megan%27s_Law

*MAFIA* Meeester

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 10:04:20 PM »

I lied about my age when I was 14/15 which reinforces that the majority of the joining process is about attitude/maturity. When you're 14-16 I will be more open to your joining.

*MAFIA* Malbert

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 10:34:17 PM »

Though your application  was probably better structured than 90% of the ones we receive, you are still 13 years of age. At barely 15 years old, I was (as far as I know) the youngest member of *MAFIA*. It was a stretch. I don't see most of the members allowing a 13 year old into the clan. Also, seeing as you've only been playing the server for a few days, it's a bit early to express interest in joining. Saying you have a non working mic (as claimed by most young people who never intend on speaking in vent) is something that we hear far too often.

Prepare for an onslaught of much less courteous replies.
The youngest was Looptroop. He was 12 when he got in.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 12:51:49 AM »

No I remember I was 16 when I got in, but then one day I was suddenly 3 years younger.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 31 queries.