*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 15, 2024, 05:09:31 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Itunes AAC Protected Files  (Read 1546 times)

*MAFIA* OUTLAW

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Deus Absconditus
    • View Profile
Itunes AAC Protected Files
« on: June 08, 2008, 03:19:10 PM »

I found a really convinent way to get rid of these files. When you buy music off Itunes Store it is in a MPEG-4(protected) file. Itunes uses this format to keep you from coverting, reproducing, or adding this file to your portable music player (not an Ipod), or even a different music player other than Itunes. So how do you get rid of it?

You want it in a MP3 or a MPEG-1 Layer 3 music file (this file is easy and convinent to use with any music program). Follow these steps.

1. Open Itunes and select Edit and then select Preferences.

2. Click on the Advanced tab on the top of the preferences screen. Now click Importing and there you should see a Import Using and select MP3 Encoder.

3. Make sure steps 1&2 or correct or this will be a waste of a CD. Now create a new playlist using the + sign under the now playing (this isn't the only way). Now take most or all your songs bought of Itunes music store and add them to the playlist. Burn the playlist on to the CD.

4. Once the CD is done burning re-add the songs to your music library. If you want to keep your artwork for the song copy the old AAC files artwork and paste it on your new MP3 file. You now can delete your AAC while keeping your new MP3.

I was reading through to make sure if anyone posted this problem so Vanillthrilla you posted this 2 years ago in http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php/topic,3363.0.html. Maybe this will help. Also with anyone else.

*MAFIA* MAGGOT

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
  • OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN
    • View Profile
Re: Itunes AAC Protected Files
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 03:27:59 PM »

ummmmmm,

"At some point in their lives, 1 in 6 children will be abducted by the dutch." ~The fact core, Portal 2.

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 03:45:43 PM »

Thats cool though, if you didn't pay for it, music wouldn't be produced. FUCK EVERYONE THAT DOESN'T PAY FOR THEIR MUSIC that is wrong  ;)

Loaded

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 05:07:27 PM »

Normally I would say this thread shouldn't be made, BUT... It seems the ITunes program itself lets you do this, so I don't see anything wrong with the thread (that is if I am understanding the top post correctly).

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 30 queries.