*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 11, 2024, 10:20:34 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Mock Trial  (Read 2593 times)

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Mock Trial
« on: January 01, 2008, 09:25:23 PM »

I'm about to do a mock trial for our gov class next week so i was just wondering if anyone here has done that and if they have any suggestions or tips.  I'm one of three prosecuting lawyers, which is the most important in this case.  It deals with accusing 3 people of robbery.  Thanks.

*MAFIA* Hellraiser

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.miller.14855377?sk=wall
Re: Mock Trial
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 09:29:04 PM »

I'm about to do a mock trial for our gov class next week so i was just wondering if anyone here has done that and if they have any suggestions or tips.  I'm one of three prosecuting lawyers, which is the most important in this case.  It deals with accusing 3 people of robbery.  Thanks.
  Always remember, "if the glove don't fit, you must acquit".  So don't bring up anything about a glove.  Oh and the guys that are standing trial, are they black?  If so, then you have an open and shut case. 

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 10:02:54 PM »

ROFL, they are not black. 

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 10:03:20 PM »

Remember if anyone needs it offer tech support!!!

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 10:05:38 PM »

Remember if anyone needs it offer tech support!!!

Ahh man I wish.  Too bad nobody else is named Greg there. hahaha

Lightning

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 10:21:35 PM »

I have been in lots of trials.  It's hard to just give basic advice because all trials are different.  Ill I can really tell you is be very slow and think a few questions ahead.  Remember if you ask a question it will usually be answered very specific.  So if one part of the question is wrong, you will get the wrong answer.  If its Robbery you have to prove intent.  Robbery is a specific intent crime.  Its always nice to show motive, and the present ability to commit the crime.  Your case should have a good witness to identify the suspect.  Its always good to have the witness openly identify the subject/subjects in court.  There is also the witnesses vantage point and how well he was able to see the subject.  Distance is good.  Hopefully no obstructions, and a good face shot never hurts.  I don't know if this is a store, person or house.  All have different additional thoughts for evidence.  Remember if it isn't testified to in court, it didn't happen.  There is tons more but I don't want to rant too long.  I wish I could be there it sounds like a lot of fun.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 10:32:45 PM »

I do to, I want to hold the noose :) but always remember roseanne if they are not white they are 100% guilty!!! lol :P

speaking of cops, I have an appointment with a ga, tn, ca, state patrol at a placement meeting the 7th of this month. Who knows I might be whipping up on lightning in a training class :D

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 10:38:33 PM »

Thanks a bunch Lightning.  BTW, it's a gas station store that they were accused of robbing.

Armed robbery and assault on the employees is what two of the people are charged with. 

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2008, 11:04:52 PM »

That is what makes it easy, they didn't really do it so you all know it so you can't hold a case with that knowledge. Sure you can "play" but in the end you all know the truth before the case even starts lol...

*MAFIA* Hellraiser

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.miller.14855377?sk=wall
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2008, 11:13:58 PM »

I have been in lots of trials.
  Let's take a look at the first sentence shall we.  A cop, who has been in lots of trials.  Correct me if I am wrong, but a California cop no less.  HMMMM, can anyone say Rodney King???  :o :o :o :o :o :o

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2008, 11:41:11 PM »

LOL!!! damn hell I have to hand it to ya that was some awesome shit lol!!! Hell 1 lightning 0!

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2008, 05:38:48 AM »

Thanks a bunch Lightning.  BTW, it's a gas station store that they were accused of robbing.

Armed robbery and assault on the employees is what two of the people are charged with. 
Every employee then is a witness and theres probably security camera footage they don't stand a chance.

Loaded

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2008, 05:44:34 AM »

See if your accused were checked for hydrocarbons on their body and cloths and if those hydrocarbons can be matched up to the any type of Petroleum products that are sold in the station... Just one more thing that can be added to prove they were there.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2008, 08:18:34 AM »

Roshan is going to walk into that classroom/courtroom in his nice new suit, and using all his "outside information" he's going to know way more than everyone else in there - combined - and own them.  The clase will be closed within 20 minutes of his dominance, and we will celebrate.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2008, 10:32:57 AM »

Yeah, watch liar liar before you go in. Make it funny.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 27 queries.