*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 10, 2024, 10:16:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: comp problem  (Read 4369 times)

Loaded

comp problem
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2006, 03:09:21 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Vanillathrilla
ok i got the program running, what is good temps for everything.

It is better for you to give us your temps. Then we can take a look at them.

When you give the temp readings let us know if there is a ^ (rising) or v (lowering) and what temp it is... Like, CPU 35c or temp 1 35c and so on. Give ALL temp readings that speed fan is showing.

After that you will have to do what ever you think is the most demanding on your computer, I guess maybe the newest came you have. Then give us that reading. Just make sure you have speed fan funning in the back ground while you work your computer so we can get a true and fast reading.

EDIT... Also go to the "Charts" tab and check ALL boxes so we can get a chart reading, make sure the "Analyze" Window is set to "temperatures"

*MAFIA* Vanilla

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
comp problem
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2006, 03:31:52 PM »

temp 1 77f, temp 2 70f, temp 3 12f, temp 34f, local temp 89f, remote temp 96f, hd0 93f, hd1 97,

fan1; 3245 rpm, fan 2;0 rpm, fan 3 3068 rpm

and all arrows are pointing down. or are a green check mark.
[

Loaded

comp problem
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2006, 04:28:14 PM »

Ok are you sure the LOW temps are "F" and not "C" (the 12 and 42)?

all the temps are good, was this at idle or with a load on the computer?

Fan speeds are good, don't worry about that 0 rpm fan, I HOPE you just have a fan being looked at by speed fan that you DON'T have on the computer.

Next thing we have to look at is all your volts, this could be a pain in the ass to write down so I am hoping you can take a pic and post it here like I have attached... Also we need to know about the low temps you have above and we need to know if the above temps were under load.

So take a pic and attach it here just like you see mine.

*MAFIA* Vanilla

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
comp problem
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2006, 05:49:06 PM »

ok i'll do that when i get home.

*MAFIA* Vanilla

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
comp problem
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2006, 08:09:24 PM »

ok here is mine.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 09:49:35 PM by Vanillathrilla »

Loaded

comp problem
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2006, 09:38:21 PM »

Ok the best I can tell you right now is I think you could have a  power supply problem not a over heating problem (not at this point)... If the above readings you have given me are with NO LOAD (I think they are no load because cpu usage is 9.5%), I don't like your 12 volt and 5 volt readings, they are to low with no or a small load on the computer.

What video card are you using?

Next...

Now I need you to play BF or some other program to get your CPU up to 75+% for about 15 minutes or so. Keep speed fan open in the back ground while playing BF and lets see what the readings are for Temps and Volts.

Do NOT shut down BF, I need you to ALT-TAB out of game and take another screen shot of speed fan just like you did before, lets see what the readings are then, I am thinking temp will go up to around 20F higher (that's fine) and I "think" we are going to see your 12v go BELOW a good 12 volt reading, something like 11.85 or less volts and your 5volts could hit in the 4.50 volt range<--- both are not good if I am right.

*MAFIA* Vanilla

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
comp problem
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2006, 09:25:04 AM »

ok here ya go and my graphic card is in that box to.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 09:49:35 PM by Vanillathrilla »

Loaded

comp problem
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2006, 12:30:37 PM »

Well I guess you can tell by your own pictures. That you have a volt problem right from the start under load...

Look at both pictures ALL your volts are out of range, but 1 and that is the +12.

So I think you need a new and BIGGER Power supply unit (PSU).

Do you know the make and size (watts) of the Power supply unit?

How long have you had that 6800 video card? Did the problems of lock ups happen right after getting the card?

My point... IMO your video card is sucking your system dry of volts and watts and that is why you are getting lock ups. So I believe you need a new PSU of 450+ watts, bigger would be better from a well known company.

*MAFIA* Vanilla

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
comp problem
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2006, 01:05:40 PM »

right now i have a 400 watt antec psu, and i never had this problem, maybe it is that and the fact thati got a new mb and cpu, maybe with all that it is causing to much, what is a good brand for a psu.

Loaded

comp problem
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2006, 03:25:39 PM »

Here, take your pick... NewEgg Power Supplies. The only one I don't like is the 1st one on the list for $59.99.

*MAFIA* Vanilla

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
comp problem
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2006, 03:15:33 PM »

is there anything i need to look for when buying one, liek i noticed that some have a litle thing that tells you the voltage of it, do i need that. so anything like that. llllllllllllll lllll

Loaded

comp problem
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2006, 07:24:34 PM »

No you don't need a voltage monitor if you don't want one. The list I gave you are all fine, just not the 1st one... I guess the 1st one is ok, I just don't like the specs compared to the others per cost.

The Sunbeam NUUO really dose have some nice features for the price, but if you don't want the monitor.

I am not sure how much you want to spend but here is my PSU...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817148019

It is far from the greatest, but it has great power, runs cool (low temps), great price for the watts you get, nice cable setup, 3 fans (if you are into lights, 2 fans light blue) and so on.

Your money, your pick, it is ALL up to you.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 30 queries.