*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 10, 2024, 06:00:02 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Hurricane Katrina  (Read 11491 times)

Elliott Smith

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2005, 05:59:57 PM »

Okay, so now that we've identified things as problems, what are any of you doing to solve them?

Swifty

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2005, 06:23:17 PM »

Treated...

ICEMAN

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2005, 07:26:15 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Elliott Smith
Okay, so now that we've identified things as problems, what are any of you doing to solve them?

See... theres this thing called government... and we, the people, of the united states of america... vote them into this thing called government... and they "represent" us and take care of it... so...  technically... WE, meaning you and me, shouldn't have to do shit... because all these problems should be taken care by the government.  And the only thing that I, personally can do, being 15 years old... is vote in the 2008 elections for a good, serious candidate.
i'm joining doa;)

Swifty

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2005, 07:29:16 PM »

double treated....

Elliott Smith

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2005, 09:39:50 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* ICEMAN
See... theres this thing called government... and we, the people, of the united states of america... vote them into this thing called government... and they "represent" us and take care of it... so...  technically... WE, meaning you and me, shouldn't have to do shit... because all these problems should be taken care by the government.  And the only thing that I, personally can do, being 15 years old... is vote in the 2008 elections for a good, serious candidate.

Well, your age really only matters for this reason: you don't have a clear concept of how a government and its representees relate to one another, but being only fifteen, you've got tons of time to learn.  And you're right about one thing - you don't HAVE to do anything.  My point is merely that you should.  You can donate money.  Or novels, or clothes or blankets or other necessities the victims of Katrina, whom you hold to be of utmost importance, lack.  But you'd rather not.  I understand.  Carry on, Mister 15.  Just don't patronize me anymore.

ICEMAN

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2005, 09:46:17 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Elliott Smith
Well, your age really only matters for this reason: you don't have a clear concept of how a government and its representees relate to one another, but being only fifteen, you've got tons of time to learn.  And you're right about one thing - you don't HAVE to do anything.  My point is merely that you should.  You can donate money.  Or novels, or clothes or blankets or other necessities the victims of Katrina, whom you hold to be of utmost importance, lack.  But you'd rather not.  I understand.  Carry on, Mister 15.  Just don't patronize me anymore.

you too, and clearly we don't know eachother... because I literally can't afford to donate anything.

I know how government works, and I know how it all goes.  I happen to have some intelligence despite my age group.  But, actions are hard to come upon when A. I'm 15 and no one takes me seriously despite the enlightening words that are thrown from my mouth... and B.  I'm poor as fuck and need some of that aid too. :)

Elliott Smith

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2005, 09:55:43 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* ICEMAN
you too, and clearly we don't know eachother... because I literally can't afford to donate anything.

I know how government works, and I know how it all goes.  I happen to have some intelligence despite my age group.  But, actions are hard to come upon when A. I'm 15 and no one takes me seriously despite the enlightening words that are thrown from my mouth... and B.  I'm poor as fuck and need some of that aid too. :)

I listed material donations.  Surely with some creativity an aggravated and passionate kid like yourself could find some way to channel some of it.  Instead of donating your own assets, organize or join a relief effort.  Collect other people's money and send it to a reputable aid organization.  Collect other people's old books, blankets, clothes, etc.  I'm not merely asking you to stand up or shut up, but I'm responding to a general air of apathetic grievances addressed to others equally woebegone instead of those who unrelievedly attack problems and correct them.  At least you identify problems and are moved by them.  But you must act with consequence.

Billy Rubin

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • 3v0
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2005, 11:36:48 AM »

Oh snap! (hehehe). I'm not here to argue politics, that doesn't interest me at all as you can tell by my "uneducated, misinformed" opinions. I started this thread so we could discuss this natural disaster, because I wanted to hear how you all felt about it. I guess its pretty obvious that we all have different opinions, and express them in different ways, its just too bad we are once again heading in the direction of another mafia vs mafia thread.
My opinions have been expressed, so I'm walking away from this drama before it gets out of hand. *hugs*

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2005, 12:41:58 PM »

I hope that all of you who voted for George Bush are happy with these gas prices and shortages.

Snake Pliskin

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
The Hip Called it years ago
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2005, 01:01:04 PM »

Awesome little diddy, hey and they are Canadian to.

Swifty

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2005, 03:20:06 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Beetlejuice
I hope that all of you who voted for George Bush are happy with these gas prices and shortages.

Yes because its his fault a natural disaster caused damage to oil rigs and price gouging.

ThaSnyper

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Never2Fast
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2005, 03:53:22 PM »

Yeah the reason there is a sortage and becuase the gas prices have gone up is becuase the storm knocked out about 90-95 percent of the oil and natural gas rigs in the gulf. Bush has NO say as to what the gas and oil prices are. My Dad is a petrol engineer for Exxon USA, so I do know a little about whats going on. The reason the prices are going up is becuase now we have to get ships to travel further for crude oil....THEN is has to be refined into gasoline and such.  We are so dependent on oil from other countries that we can't afford to lose 90-95 percent of the gulfs oil drilling and keep up the supply. Im not saying any of you are wrong, yall just dont need to take views and sides based on the media. Actually if Bush would have done what he wanted, we'd be drilling in Alaska and having plenty of oil  but treehuggers killed that...

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2005, 05:42:04 PM »

I say we just let nature take it's course for a month or so to see who can survive, then send some mexicans in to clean it all up. Too many people in this country anyways, we were due for a good cleansing.

ThaSnyper

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Never2Fast
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2005, 06:51:29 PM »

I agree...build a big wall and make New Orleans the new Escape from LA

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2005, 07:59:45 PM »

Who needs a wall? shit just leave them there and they'll eventually die of disease or kill each other off.

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 27 queries.