*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 14, 2024, 09:57:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Vista to XP  (Read 1677 times)

Pr0d1gY

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Vista to XP
« on: June 30, 2007, 01:50:50 PM »

So yeah, I just got a new computer, and it came manufactured with VIsta Ultimate (piece of shit). I want to go back to either XP Pro or Server 2003 etc... I have no idea how to do this. I have looked it up and shit, but I didn't find any helpful answers, and I don't wan't fuck this up. The fucking tech niggers at BestBuy said they would have to wipe out VIsta completly and then install a full (legit) version of XP, fuck that shit. So yeah, I already have my copy of xp ready, I just need help on installing this baby. Please, someone give me an awesome tutorial or steps or whatever on taking out Vista and installing XP. I know Balth or one of ya'll can help. ;)

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Vista to XP
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 02:08:59 PM »

I'm pretty sure you can just put in your Win XP cd in the drive and reboot.  When you do reboot, you should see a thing that says press any key to boot from cd.  Do that, setup will configure hardware, go through all the steps.  DO NOT choose to repair anything, just go ahead to install.  Then select the partition,( you can also manage partitions in setup) you want to install in,  setup will format.  Do not choose quick format, go for the regular format.  It will continue by itself and install win xp.

Hope this works.    I have not been able to find any articles about vista to xp,   but i have done these steps several times after i found out i hated vista.

*MAFIA* Balthazar

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 02:55:41 PM »

Roshan is right. You won't find any articles from Microsoft on the subject because they are promoting the hell out of Vista from XP. Shove an XP disc in set your BIOS settings to boot from CD and following the wizard from there. Ger 'er done.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 01:35:29 AM »

Good ol microcrap, use vista its 80% unsupported and has bugs like a ghetto with roaches. LOL! I will use xp till vista is solid and has had like 50 patches done to it.

Boemann (nl)

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 10:17:24 AM »

Good ol microcrap, use vista its 80% unsupported and has bugs like a ghetto with roaches. LOL! I will use xp till vista is solid and has had like 50 patches done to it.
I'm hoping SP1 will do that for me... its going to come out in like September if I remember correctly

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 27 queries.