*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 12, 2024, 11:51:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Reputation/Karma  (Read 4061 times)

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Reputation/Karma
« on: January 07, 2010, 04:10:32 PM »

I made this thread before the forum went down in the admins section, but it was lost when we changed hosts, and so now I'm making it again here.  We added reputation (this forum calls it karma) back just for admins last month to test to make sure there wasn't a way to spam it, and it worked, so now it's back for everyone.

The way it works is, underneath any user's name in any post, you will see a "+rep" or "-rep" button.  Click that, and that user will gain or lose 1 point.  Right now it is set up where you can only give the SAME person rep once every .2 hours, which equals 12 minutes.  After the 12 minutes are up, you can give that SAME person rep again.  However, you can give as many people you want any rep you want in any amount of time. 

For example, I can +rep Bonehead, Krautkiller, Ricardo, and Tim_@916 and -rep Mean Green, Whoops, Renegade, and Outlaw right now, all together, without having to wait 12 minutes.  I just can't give any of those people more rep until the .2 hour is up.  I know that is a lot of explaining but I had several questions last time so I'm just trying to cover everything.

Also, a new feature that Balthazar added today, now you have to type in a reason for when you rep someone.  And to see who gave you rep and why, just click the "profile" tab at the top of this page.  Look at the top middle where it says "Who changed my Karma" and "Whose karma have I changed."  Just click either of those links and you should be able to view the log to see the details.

We are still working on a way to set it up like the old forum so that the system is weighted.  That means the people with the most rep, when they +/- rep you, it counts more towards your total, instead of just the standard 1 point.  Right now everyone is equal, maybe we should keep it that way.  If you have any questions, let us know...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 04:44:21 PM by *MAFIA* Beatlejuice »

*MAFIA* Malbert

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Reputation/Karma
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 04:43:30 PM »

Plus rep for you and Balth, for setting up the reason thing, and some more when you get the weighted system to work.  ;D

Thunder

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 05:10:30 PM »

For example, I can +rep Bonehead, Krautkiller, Ricardo, and Tim_@916

Why would you + rep Ricardo? And I really like the rep system. Good job.

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 05:44:56 PM »

Nice. I remember the rep reason thing from a loooong time ago on the old forums.

+rep to Bone for his dedicated work to bringing back the rep system.

*MAFIA* Manowar

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
  • Hail and Kill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 08:05:25 PM »

Nice. I remember the rep reason thing from a loooong time ago on the old forums.

+rep to Bone for his dedicated work to bringing back the rep system.

lmao
Do I see a 499 in your future?

Ultimate embarrassment, running into a wall with a boner and breaking your nose first.

*MAFIA* Hellraiser

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.miller.14855377?sk=wall
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 03:38:51 AM »

GOOD JOB!!!!  Now everyone give Ricardo negative rep so he can cry to Beatle like he always does!!!!

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 27 queries.