*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 12, 2024, 08:40:35 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Toyota  (Read 4871 times)

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Toyota
« on: January 29, 2010, 01:45:26 PM »

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Toyota
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 09:44:09 PM »

dunno, a chick i work with who just bought a brand new corolla S wasn't affected, but she was talking about the recall at work a bunch.
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

MaNiX

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 09:03:09 AM »

Very real... My pops recently purchased a 2009 highlander sport and it has been recalled. However he has not taken it in yet cause they dont have a solution for it.  Its a nice SUV and so far no problems, so until a solution has been presented he will keep driving it.

Loaded

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 09:45:42 AM »

I think Beatle is saying is it bullshit just to make the company look bad... Because they are the number 1 in the world, top maker and to get all us USA people (also over seas) to buy American cars, Ford, Chevy and Dodge.

You never know when it comes to any government. We all like to think they wouldn't bullshit us, but deep down we have to know there is all kinds of shit we will never know that is happening today, the future and the past.

Now Honda has a recall going for its Fit, bad window switch... Over 600,000 I believe could be affected world wide.

Think back... Makes you wonder with all the China toy recalls... Not a bad way to get pissed at another country by that country playing with our kids health with adding toxins into their toys.

All in all, who knows.

EaSyCoMpAnY

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 11:07:26 AM »

Well in the uk they are going to recall all the honda jizz, because they have a bad switch on them, they say if the switch gets wet it starts to melt then sets on fire,1 person has been killed and 2 others have been hurt because of it..they about 800,000 are going to be recalled, well that what it says in the uk papers and the news...

Loaded

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 11:18:39 AM »

Well in the uk they are going to recall all the honda jizz, because they have a bad switch on them, they say if the switch gets wet it starts to melt then sets on fire,1 person has been killed and 2 others have been hurt because of it..they about 800,000 are going to be recalled, well that what it says in the uk papers and the news...

Yea same car just different names in the different countries. Um not sure what is on your mind at the time of your post, but isn't Jazz and not Jizz? :P

*MAFIA* NiTrO

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 12:16:13 PM »

The recalls by Toyota are no ploy . There us always room for error in man made shit, the technology used today for the accelerator is( drive by wire) I know this first hand from working on them and the sensor within the throtle position controller is set up in a way like a fuel level switch As the accelerator moves then an actuator moves the butterfly inthe throttle body according to programming by the CPU now in between there any multitude of probs can happen....
But I remember many times driving the cars I have had at the track and on the street if or when the 5 dollar cable broke and the carbs went to WOT wide open throttle  u saild like a rocket but me I always just removed the key back a tick and killed power and kept controll of the wheel and rode it to a stop.. Easy, these ppl that have died I'm sorry for them but ppl need to reaslize that when typical responses fail then kill the car don't ride it to ur death, and apply the emg brake slowly and get the fucking car to stop.... Don't go calling ppl screaming and shit ... It frustrtated me how the simplistic shit slips their minds tha could save a life... Rant..... Anyway  they will try and fix it I'm sure just like back when I was at the shop we locally had 4k of trucks from Tacoma trs trucks to the tundras with recalled balljoints....

Now one more note: someone I'm sure will try and to imply I have no idea what I'm tlking about but know this as some already do I have worked at the Toyota of Killeen here in Texas  and at a used car lot as a mechanic so I know my shit, I don't sit my ass infront of the pc on google looking for correctofied data to sound smart I have actually got plenty of wrench time under my belt. So yes ... Say what u will... 

EaSyCoMpAnY

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 01:02:42 PM »

Lmao ty reloaded for points that out  :D it is the jazz and i dont know why the hell i said jizz,i could understand it if i was a woman thinking about the jizz... :D

*MAFIA* Manowar

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
  • Hail and Kill
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 03:15:28 PM »

Lmao ty reloaded for points that out  :D it is the jazz and i dont know why the hell i said jizz,i could understand it if i was a woman thinking about the jizz... :D

Now we know you really are Easy.     ;D
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 06:06:39 AM by *MAFIA* Manowar »

Ultimate embarrassment, running into a wall with a boner and breaking your nose first.

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 02:44:43 AM »

Is this real or a political ploy?
I think Beatle is saying is it bullshit just to make the company look bad... Because they are the number 1 in the world, top maker and to get all us USA people (also over seas) to buy American cars, Ford, Chevy and Dodge.
I thought the question was is the "sollution" or "fix" proposed by Toyota a political ploy to slow down the recall of its vehicles. If you go by the actions of Manix's dad then it clearly seems to be working.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 29 queries.