*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 02, 2024, 08:59:31 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: The universe  (Read 52185 times)

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: The universe
« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2006, 07:16:23 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* ChrisDaKilla
1st Question...Wer en't the Greeks wiped out by the romans?   Yes.
4th........Why did all the other races in that time have diff. opinions of what true gods were?  It's like now,  an iraqui might tell you ala is the real god, and then a cristian says no he is not.  it's just what people believe.  if you do research on this and then try something, you will find the truth.  you yourself will realize who the real god is.  some people are just ignorant.
5th.......Why did hebrews have one god when others had many?  good question, see there is only 1 god. how do we know, well he had a son name Jesus who spoked and taught people about him.  there were prophets that had visions that god gave them, dreams that god made them dream and also talking to angels.  i mean that's what the hebrews saw.  on the other hand, those "other" cultures believed in their own stuff.  but they never wrote anything like the bible to teach about how their gods made miracles and how their gods defended them, many times their so called "gods" that didnt exist let them down, yet they still believed in them.

First, their are different views for every religion, its just like having a baptist hate the catholics because of their different views.  I could be a hebrew and i can think that jesus was a phoney and that the son of god hasnt came yet, or I could be a muslim and think the same thing, in the end, anyone can or cannot be right, there were religions WAY before the Greek era, and Way before the persians conqured the middle east.  AND finally their are some cities before the persians time period that had written down stories of peoples from other far away that needed gold so that their civilization wouldnt dissappear.  In the end the older civilizations can spread more light on this topic then the hebrews and the other have.

And you said that Jesus was a Prophet?  Well, ever heard of something called a Oracle, that is the exact samething.  Oracles are the gods voices to the people.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2006, 08:03:53 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* giothermal
There is a god. If you think there is no god, then you are an idiot.  and think about it.

well thats one way to preach. lol

Oh and Kookie, we cant really answer how God came into existance, or at least was at the very start of all things. If we knew that then everyone would believe in God and there would be no questions to be asked. God created man in his image and he made heaven a place where his true followers would go. Therefore there has to be a hell so that the non believers would have a place to go. I have wondered the same thing "where did God come from?" And i guess that is just one thing i will have to ask him when i meet him. :)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 08:12:14 PM by *MAFIA* ßlÃ¥kjáx »

*MAFIA* Phantom

« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2006, 09:12:39 PM »

sorry to barge in but I thought this was kind of a neat-O concept.

What if death and being unborn are the same?  I mean...what do you remember before you were born?  Nothing obviously, you were technically non existent, then you were born and you exist.  Then you die...so do you just go back into being non existent again?  It arises quite a few other questions but I just wanted to type this up to give everyone some ideas.

Anyways don't want this turning into a new chapter on the thread, just something to think about.

EDIT: replying to post below...NO, reincarnation is when you are born again.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 10:37:35 PM by *MAFIA* Phantom »

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2006, 09:50:19 PM »

SO, thats techically reincarnation.

Koekiemonster

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 10, 2006, 02:24:34 AM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Phantom
sorry to barge in but I thought this was kind of a neat-O concept.

What if death and being unborn are the same?  I mean...what do you remember before you were born?  Nothing obviously, you were technically non existent, then you were born and you exist.  Then you die...so do you just go back into being non existent again?  It arises quite a few other questions but I just wanted to type this up to give everyone some ideas.
It is unbelieveable but I agree with you Phanty. The way I see it, is that we are all part of this world and it's energie. The way we live our life influance our induvidual energie in a good or bad way, depending on how we live. Then when we die, this induvidual energie becomes again part of the Global/Unversal energie, witch changes a fraction because of that. Than when someone is born, that someone is born with a part of this Global/Universal energie etc ... so, that kinda is like reincarnation.

Quote from:  *Mafia* Beetlejuice
To answer your "highly evolved Alien species" quesion, I'm assuming that these aliens you speak of live in the universe, and not in heaven with God, no matter how much they are "more of his kind." You see, God created the universe. But before He did that, He was just existing, and time had no meaning, no relation to Him. So, time began when God created the universe.
So, accually we don't know very much about our God. So anything could be true. If he created the Universe, than maybe our Universe lies/existst inside another place. This place is the "World" God lives in. And he is sitting at a table with his friends (fellow Gods: Allah, Arieus, Zeus and a few others), he throws the dice on the table and looks down to make his move, because he is playing a boardgame called "The Rise and Fall of the Universe"... ;)

Oh and again, Kraut you say the Evolution Theory has been rejected, how come??
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 02:32:17 AM by Koekiemonster »

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 10, 2006, 04:24:27 AM »

Quote from: Koekiemonster
...when we die, this induvidual energie becomes again part of the Global/Unversal energie, witch changes a fraction because of that. Than when someone is born, that someone is born with a part of this Global/Universal energie etc ... so, that kinda is like reincarnation.

So, accually we don't know very much about our God. So anything could be true. If he created the Universe, than maybe our Universe lies/existst inside another place. This place is the "World" God lives in. And he is sitting at a table with his friends (fellow Gods: Allah, Arieus, Zeus and a few others), he throws the dice on the table and looks down to make his move, because he is playing a boardgame called "The Rise and Fall of the Universe"... ;)

So did you just make that up about what happens when we die or were you inspired by something?  I'm just curious.  Anyway, We do know about God, not everything because we just cannot comprehend it, but we know enough.  Read the Bible and you will learn more.  As far as our universe lying in another place - that doesn't really make sense - our universe lies right where it is, which is here, wherever we are in terms of space.   And no, he's not sitting at a table with "fellow gods."

Elliott Smith

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2006, 10:08:17 AM »

So, I'm sure some of you are familiar with us creating black holes.  They cannot be sustained, but we can create black holes.  Small ones.  I may be wrong.  I do know black holes are real.  I mean, if we're willing to concede that a physical world even exists--something we cannot prove, making all conclusions therein fallible, albeit useful to an extent.

The world is not perfect.  Weather patterns change for the worse, things do maladapt.  Far from homeostatic, this world is far from perfect, further from being "too perfect."  If the universe is quite large, and it is, why is our situation so special to you all?  Some would say it's infinitely large, and to those I ask this:  If the world is infinitely large and time indefinite, wouldn't you expect our situation to result from some physical dynamic eventually?  I mean, the universe has had infinity years to conjure us.  Big whoop.

[) ! A B L 0

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 10, 2006, 10:21:30 AM »

wow i didnt understand anything you said elliot

Elliott Smith

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 10, 2006, 10:29:03 AM »

Quote from: '*MAFIA* [) ! A B L 0'
wow i didnt understand anything you said elliot

All right.  So, the physical world is what we think we live in.  I'm talking about touching things, tasting things, seeing them, thinking about them.  Certain laws govern this world--physical laws.  But all we really know is that we are consciousnesse s that are having an experience.  Maybe we're having an experience in a physical world full of things to touch and explore, or maybe we're creating sensory data, or something is feeding this data to us.  If we're willing to believe in the physical world as "real," then we can go from there to create rules and gather data from this world in an effort to understand this world.  Some people find it not useful to consider the physical world as unreal, so we press forward because believing in that world is the only way to do "useful" things.  It's like this:  You're sitting in a chair?  Prove it.  You can see it?  Prove it.  You're real?  Prove it.  You cannot prove it without referring to the physical world, whose existance cannot be proven.  Well, you know, as far as I'm concerned.

And then, you know, the whole God thing:  everyone's saying God must be real because how else could our super-sweet Earth position and temperature have come to be?  I'm saying it's not all that impossible, and it's not all that super-sweet.

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 10, 2006, 11:06:03 AM »

What if our universe is actually the body of someone, and we are the cells of his body?  That might explain god :)

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 10, 2006, 11:20:27 AM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Elliott Smith
And then, you know, the whole God thing:  everyone's saying God must be real because how else could our super-sweet Earth position and temperature have come to be?  I'm saying it's not all that impossible, and it's not all that super-sweet.

Bonehead explained it well in post #58, then Lightning and Gio said that the world is perfect in post #s 73 and 74.  I paraphrased them in post #77 to explain it better to Koekie.  This is how I see it - the way things interact with one another, both living and nonliving things, how everything just mysteriously "works," and all that science stuff that I don't feel like explaining - that is God, He created that.  

Whether our universe is "perfect" or not, I'm not sure. It really depends on how you perceive the world and what viewpoint you are looking at the universe from.  Anyhow, I agree Elliot, storms are not "super-sweet."  What's so "perfect" about a Tornado killing people?  Even better, God created man, but is man perfect?  No way.  God is perfect.  That doesn't necessary mean the universe He created is perfect.  But the ways things are all set up, He did that for a reason.  Anyway, my focus in this thread is not so much the scientific part with the stars and black holes and all that, its more of the spiritual side.  

Quote from: *MAFIA* KrautKiller
What if our universe is actually the body of someone, and we are the cells of his body?  That might explain god :)

Hahaha, I don't think that might explain God, but that would be very interesting, and quite funny.

[) ! A B L 0

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 10, 2006, 01:06:49 PM »

WTF WE HACK GAMES WHAT IS THIS CRAP

Elliott Smith

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 10, 2006, 01:07:03 PM »

All I'm saying is that through your empirical evidence, e.g. a "working" ecosystem, I can find no rationale for concluding the existance of a god.  Where do you draw the line?  What is too amazing to be without God?  Isn't everything blurry and confusing until we gather information to smooth it out?  I think in the future, a lot of what astounds us will become less astounding but rather Godless.  For example, the sun: not many people see God in that, but they sure used to.  Now we rather get the sun, and it isn't so imbued with a spirituality.  God appears to the blind and disappears once the physical world illuminates.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2006, 01:31:04 PM »

All I'm saying is that through your empirical evidence, e.g. a "working" ecosystem, I can find no rationale for concluding the existance of a god.  Where do you draw the line?  What is too amazing to be without God?  Isn't everything blurry and confusing until we gather information to smooth it out?  I think in the future, a lot of what astounds us will become less astounding but rather Godless.  For example, the sun: not many people see God in that, but they sure used to.  Now we rather get the sun, and it isn't so imbued with a spirituality.  God appears to the blind and disappears once the physical world illuminates.

so you saying that followers of God are blind to the physical aspects of this world? And no my faith will never disappear, no matter what were to happen.

*MAFIA* Balthazar

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 10, 2006, 01:40:14 PM »

So in the future do you think all views are destined to become existentialist?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 30 queries.