*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 05, 2024, 10:03:22 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Build your own computer for cheap  (Read 3214 times)

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Build your own computer for cheap
« on: April 29, 2007, 10:09:47 PM »

i'm not sure if anyone else is looking for a good site to make a custom computer for you, but i found a really good one. When i get a job this summer i'm saving up to buy one, and i'm pretty convinced this is a good place to get one if you're not too confident assembling one yourself.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/cfga64pcie.asp?v=d

here's my planned future computer setup, all for a total of $688.00
STATS
CASE: Hot New! X-Cruiser Mid-Tower 420W Case W/ WINDOW, MultiMeter Display & Control (Silver Color)
CPU: (Socket AM2) AMD Athlonâ„¢64 X2 3800+ Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
MOTHERBOARD: (Socket AM2)MSI K9N4 SLI-F nForce 500 SLI Chipset DDR2/800 SATA-II RAID MBoard w/ Dual 16x PCI-Express
MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)1GB (2x512MB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Value Select or Major Brand)
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE 256MB 16X PCI EXPRESS (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
VIDEO CARD 2: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE 256MB 16X PCI EXPRESS (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
LCD Monitor: NONE
HARD DRIVE: Single Hard Drive (250GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
Data Hard Drive: NONE
Optical Drive: (Special Price) 18X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
Optical Drive 2: NONE
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

should i change anything? Suggestions are welcome.
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Build your own computer for cheap
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 10:25:45 PM »

Good site. I also think www.ibuypower. com is pretty good and almost exact same thing.

Specs wise, looks good other than a couple things. I would upgrade that video card to atleast a 7900 GS or higher model. With a 7300, you probably would have to play BF2 (if you do) at the lowest settings. My 7900 GS lags in that a bit, so imagine yours.

Would you have enough $ for 2 GB of RAM? That is now standard these days and if you go Vista 2 GB is the minimum.

"500W Power Supply is recommended for using dual 7900 and X1950 or above video cards." it would be advisable to go 500W or higher for the cards you will use and also safe for future upgrades.

Case is your choice and I like it, but this one is also good too, Xion III Gaming Mid-Tower 420W Case with Side Window

Good motherboard. The nForce 500 series are good boards from nVidia.

Monitor you probably have but if you do decide to get a LCD, make sure the response time is under 8 ms.

10,000 RPM hard drives are the best, but 7200 is decent and pretty much standard with everyone.

Good luck, and work hard! You'll have a great PC.

Boemann (nl)

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 11:36:37 PM »

Save some more money to go with an 8800 GTS 320MB, like the card that I have, it runs awesome and you will be able to run everything on the max settings without any problems. Also if you want to go vista, make sure you have a DX10 supporting card, so get a card from the latest '8' series, or the 'to be released' new ATI cards.
Also, maby by the time you get the money NVIDIA will releash their new cards the 89xx series. You might want to wait for them

I don't think a lot of you know this, but last week, 22nd of April, INTEL dropt their prices like 29-40%. This very summer they will do that again. So the prices will drop loads --> you can better go with a C2D system after the summer, because they beat AMD. Then you also need a new mobo ofcourse.

The ram prices are also dropping, I bought my ram got like 77 euro's  (2GB DDR2 667Mhz), they will probebly drop a bit more, not too much though, but maby enough so you can go to 2gb.

Just remember, by the time you got the money for your upgrades, a lot of things have changed. Really ALOT, new videocard series, pricedrops, quadcore might be the mainstream by then, seeing how the pricedrops make it the most wanted processors atm and all kinds of new technology is about to be releashed/drop in prices. So you might want to remake this topic a bit before you actually buy it.

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 03:34:16 PM »

if i get the 7900 it boosts the price to almost 1000 dollars. I can't afford 2 gigs ram, i'll get another gig when i can afford it.

Are you sure with dual 7300LE i will lag on bf2? I mean, i have dual ATI 9700 Pro's right now, and i can play bf2 with some medium, some high settings and it's lag free. And the ATI 9700 PRO's i have now are 128mb, upgrading to the 7300 LE is doubling the amount and you're saying there would be a decrease in performance?

I have a monitor, and i'm not going to get Vista. The hard drive size is good for now, i have a 120 gig on the computer i have now and i've never even gotten close to filling it half way.

When i finally do get this, there will be two computers in my house that'll have internet, does that mean we'd have to get a router? How much are they, and are they really simple to use?

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 04:27:33 PM »

Are you sure with dual 7300LE i will lag on bf2? I mean, i have dual ATI 9700 Pro's right now, and i can play bf2 with some medium, some high settings and it's lag free. And the ATI 9700 PRO's i have now are 128mb, upgrading to the 7300 LE is doubling the amount and you're saying there would be a decrease in performance?

When i finally do get this, there will be two computers in my house that'll have internet, does that mean we'd have to get a router? How much are they, and are they really simple to use?

Oh woops sorry, didnt see the dual part. In that case, you're fine. For the price of two old cards compared to a new one for about the same price, I would go with the new one. You just gotta check your budget and preferability wit the cards.

Currently, your cable modem is hooked up to whatever comp you're using. Unless its something special, the modem will have only 1 ethernet out jack. so like what i do, you connect your cable modem to the router. Then you can connect 1,2,3,4 comps to the router and all have internet + wireless for laptops.

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 05:07:17 PM »

does it cost extra monthly for a router, or just flat price?

Oh, and since getting an 8800GTS 320mb would actually be cheaper than dual 7900's, which should i get? Dual 7900's are a bit too expensive, so i'm settling on getting something between 7300-7900.

Will the dual 7300 LE's work well? I mean, they're the cheapest and they're a pretty good size. Will they let me play bf2 full settings?

Boemann (nl)

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 12:02:30 AM »

does it cost extra monthly for a router, or just flat price?

Oh, and since getting an 8800GTS 320mb would actually be cheaper than dual 7900's, which should i get? Dual 7900's are a bit too expensive, so i'm settling on getting something between 7300-7900.

Will the dual 7300 LE's work well? I mean, they're the cheapest and they're a pretty good size. Will they let me play bf2 full settings?

8800's own the crap out of dual 7900's
Hey wasser, I don't know if you read it, but by the time you're getting your PC part, the prices will have dropped quite a bit. So there really is no need to worry about money yet. Just look at what the prices are like 2 weeks before you actually buy it, they can change heaps in a very little time ^^

*MAFIA* Capsloc

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Elusive Gamers
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 11:46:10 AM »

the router is a one time thing, u can get a good range one for around $40. I would go with Netgear because it's easy to use.  also u don't have to plug both computers on it, if the router is somewhere else in the house, just buy a wireless card for your pc. those go for about $25-30 for a good one.  have fun setting up and saving up for that comp.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 12:25:28 PM »

Get at least 2 gigs of ram, and the 7300LE is junk.

Memory Interface: 64-bit
PixelPipelines: 4

That alone says cant run shit...

*MAFIA* Capsloc

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Elusive Gamers
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007, 01:14:26 PM »

lol 4 pixel pipelines aahahaha
i got 12 on mine i think, i forgot
with a 256-bit interfance
512MB DDR2
3GB DDR PC3200
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
400GB MAXTOR SATA II 300gb/s
ASUS A8R-MVP Mobo w/ dual PCI-E Slots
3 PCI x1 slots
ATI Chipset

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2007, 04:52:39 PM »

Get at least 2 gigs of ram, and the 7300LE is junk.

Memory Interface: 64-bit
PixelPipelines: 4

That alone says cant run shit...

i don't know what that means. What if i have two of them, shouldn't that help?
Oh well, i'll revive this thread when i get the money, i've only got like 300 right now for a computer, i'll get a job at a local video store soon, within a month i hope.

But just for the record, what do you people who already have ubar computars recommend video card wise? If the 7300 (X2) is shit, then what should i get?

*MAFIA* Capsloc

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Elusive Gamers
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2007, 05:01:52 PM »

go with ati  ;D an x1800 is good,  also if u "nsist" on nvidia go with a 7600gts i think that's what gio has and runs in full settings in almost every game.

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2007, 07:28:15 PM »

yeah, i prefer ATI but i think it's more expensive on that site. How much is an x1800? Would dual 7600gts be a good setup?

*MAFIA* Capsloc

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Elusive Gamers
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2007, 09:02:35 PM »

it would be a good setup, i'll get u a price check when i get some time

Boemann (nl)

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2007, 10:49:56 PM »

go with ati  ;D an x1800 is good,  also if u "nsist" on nvidia go with a 7600gts i think that's what gio has and runs in full settings in almost every game.

lol, ok what is it, a GT or a GS there is no GTS ;)
Apeman (sometimes on ventrilo and a good friend of me) has a 7600GS and it runs older games sweet, though newer gamers like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. it has a bit of a problem with them.

Quote from: *MAFIA* ChrisDaKilla

i got 12 on mine i think, i forgot
with a 256-bit interfance
512MB DDR2
3GB DDR PC3200
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+

96 unified shaders
320-bit interface
320MB DDR3 memory
2GB DDR2 PC5300
INTEL C2D E6600  :)

I don't think the 8 serie has anything with like pixel pipelines right? Cause it has this complete new architecture

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 28 queries.