*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 07, 2024, 09:05:21 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Modding maps  (Read 1464 times)

Boemann (nl)

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Modding maps
« on: March 18, 2006, 02:54:08 AM »

Ok, I got a problem with my Battlecraft and i think diablo or bone should be able to help me.
The first map I ever modded was el al, i made a glitch for it, and it all worked fine, never had problems with it.
Then I made a glitch for gazala, and modded it

Then i wanted to make a glitch for battleaxe. So when i placed some things there i heard that i had to stop on the computer.
So i hit copy level to  and then filled in "battleaxe_modd ed".
So when i came back the other day, and tried to open that map, bc crashed.
It says that there's a fault and bc needs to be closed.
So i thought, if i copy the staticobjects of that map and put them in a new map map, e.g. battleaxe_übermod, that then i would be able to open it again, without bc crashing again.
So i extracted the staticobjects. con file of the battleaxe_modd ed, and also extracted all the files of the battleaxe_übermod.  I overwrote that staticobjects. con file of battleaxe_übermod with the staticobjects. con of that battleaxe_modd ed.
So i did all that and packed it up into battleaxe_übermod. So i tried to open it with bc, and it said "This level is missing key files needed to succesfully load"

Now that kinda pissed me off, because it worked once, and now even that ain't working!

So can someone write like a lil tutorial of steps that i must take so that my maps don't get corrupted and crash bf?

all i did was opening a map, copy the level to a new named map, and than opened that with bc and started making a glitch for it.

so what did i do wrong? Its really weird because the first 2 maps worked fine, and i had no problems.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
Modding maps
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 06:10:05 AM »

Bc is a picky program do what I do. make a copy of the level to edit (in windows explorer) then name it as you want. Load that map in bc and just save you're work as you go. Bc has issues with its own copied maps thank ea for that.

For you're current map sorry you will have to do it over once bc fucks it up there is no getting it back.

Boemann (nl)

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Modding maps
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 06:47:56 AM »

Those last lines hurt me, lol, oh well, guess thats how it goes.
Isn't there like any way that i can put my old glitch in a new map? Or will that map then also get fucked up?

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
Modding maps
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 06:55:38 AM »

you can try to implant the raw objects code into your new map dont just copy the objects rfa over copy the glitch text only.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 27 queries.