*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 07, 2024, 06:31:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: this is an outrage  (Read 6388 times)

mulletike

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
this is an outrage
« on: May 17, 2006, 11:38:43 AM »

FUN WITH SURVEILLANCE. Turns out the NSA, with the collaboration of every phone company except Qwest, is monitoring all of our calls -- not to listen in to what's being said, but simply to gather data about the calls and draw inferences from that. It's important to link this up to the broader chain. One thing the Bush administration says it can do with this meta-data is to start tapping your calls and listening in, without getting a warrant from anyone. Having listened in on your calls, the administration asserts that if it doesn't like what it hears, it has the authority to detain you indefinitely without trial or charges, torture you until you confess or implicate others, extradite you to a Third World country to be tortured, ship you to a secret prison facility in Eastern Europe, or all of the above. If, having kidnapped and tortured you, the administration determines you were innocent after all, you'll be dumped without papers somewhere in Albania left to fend for yourself.

Once you start in with this business, it's a widening cycle of lawlessness with almost endless possibilities for abuse. Tellingly, the reason Qwest wound up not cooperating with the NSA on this is that the NSA couldn't be bothered to get a court order. Shame on the other phone companies for simply giving in to a request without legal backing.

Anyone else think this is an outrage?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 12:33:16 PM by mulletike »

well this is my profile if yo

mulletike

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
this is copied from this page..
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 11:39:46 AM »

this was copied from this page:  http://www.prospect.org/weblog/2006/05/post_336.html#002317
This is not me making shit up, this is real
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 11:45:00 AM by mulletike »

ThaSnyper

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Never2Fast
this is an outrage
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 12:01:26 PM »

Please...if you dont have anything to hide why are you freaking out about it? Im sure Bush doesn't really care about the conversations between my mother and I. Or the dirty calls between Phantom and Bone. I would gladly give up a portion of my "rights" to help keep me safe. I have nothing to hide. Why is it such a big deal if the big brother listens into some of our phone calls? I can understand how its a "rights" thing and people just get pissed becuase of...ohh they are taking my rights away but come on. I dont WANT people listening to my conversations but if its going to possibly keep bad things from happening in this country Id let them.

mulletike

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
did you read what I said?
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 12:06:56 PM »

It doesn't matter if you have anything to hide, if you happen to say something they don't like.... Hopefully you read what I said.  Obviously we need a safe country, but remember Nixon?  What do you think Nixon would have done if he had power like that?

Gear

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • tagged
this is an outrage
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 12:12:30 PM »

Quote from: mulletike
It doesn't matter if you have anything to hide, if you happen to say something they don't like.... Hopefully you read what I said.  Obviously we need a safe country, but remember Nixon?  What do you think Nixon would have done if he had power like that?

No i didnt read what you said, thats to much reading.

ThaSnyper

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Never2Fast
this is an outrage
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 12:16:14 PM »

You must be very neive. If you say something they dont like they will have a reason for it. The jails are too overcrowded anyway. They aren't just going to start putting people away for stupid reasons.

mulletike

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
this is an outrage
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 12:24:54 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* ThaSnyper
You must be very neive. If you say something they dont like they will have a reason for it. The jails are too overcrowded anyway. They aren't just going to start putting people away for stupid reasons.
I am the farthest thing from naive, and I do not think that the government will start throwing people in jail for bad reasons(bad example, I admit it) but still, if Bush(or his administration for that matter) has that kind of power what kind of nation are we turning into?  Security is important, but Bush seems to think that the rules don't apply to him.  Not that I think that Bush is making all the decisions, he obviously ratify's them, but its his administration that is behind all this, im certain of it:(

HaVoK

• Forum Member
  • Gone
    • View Profile
this is an outrage
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 12:32:34 PM »

Go away.  You're making Wisconsin look bad and no one knows who you are, or really cares in that matter.

mulletike

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
this is an outrage
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2006, 12:50:02 PM »

Havok, whats wrong with having an intelligent conversation?

mulletike

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
this is an outrage
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2006, 01:08:45 PM »

no matter what our opinion differences are, this is still america, and you have no right to say I am a desgrace to Wi just because I disagree with what is going on:|

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
this is an outrage
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2006, 01:23:44 PM »

They dont listen in on everyone lol they only listen in to people they suspect are dealling with terrorism or in a relation to it.

If you call you're dealer and say "Hey man I need a sack of premo weed" they could care less.

The nsa has about 4,000 employee's and only a few of them are doing the phone tapping do you think they can listen to the 1+ trillion calls a day made in the us? ;)

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
this is an outrage
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2006, 01:55:15 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Bonehead
do you think they can listen to the 1+ trillion calls a day made in the us? ;)

well, are they robots? anyway, i dont give a shit either, hell if people wanna hear my boring ass convos with my friends, let em.

mulletike

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
this is an outrage
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2006, 02:03:02 PM »

Its not that I am afraid of my rights or anything like that, its just the principal.  Of course if something like 9/11 happened again people would criticize Bush for not trying harder to find terrorists etc...   Its just that the NSA isn't the KGB, you know?  Its a fine line, but I suppose compared to something like 9/11 happening again I would allow it, to tell the truth I am just disappointed in the state of affairs this world is in right now, you know?

*MAFIA* Phantom

this is an outrage
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2006, 02:12:17 PM »

Who gives a shit the world is gonna end sooner or later *cough*6/6/06*cough* lol

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
this is an outrage
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2006, 02:24:34 PM »

Yeah phantom, I'm gonna call the people with the white suit for you em okay? :)

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 27 queries.