*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 17, 2024, 08:00:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Beetlejuice and Faith  (Read 12927 times)

[DOA] THRILL KILL

Beetlejuice and Faith
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2005, 02:08:04 AM »

im so glad "GOD" keeps us safe.  http://www.funlol.com/funpages/cant-cry-enough.html  lol fucking idiots u think all these ppl were bad ppl?   now im not a good person and im still alive.  trust me im not a good person in here or real life.  but i still walk the earth and lots of these ppl didn't even say ass, shit, fuck, ect. ect. ect.  there is no god and stop being scared of whats on the other side.  if there is a hell and god shit i bet the devil is a lot cooler then fuck face up high.    STUPID CHURCH FAGS IM OUT!

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Beetlejuice and Faith
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2005, 05:04:44 AM »

Well shit I would hope you could have a civil conversation without having to resort to calling people "stupid church fags". Shows the maturity of the people in DOA I guess. Don't come around here saying shit like that about people's religions. I don't believe in any of that shit but it doesn't mean other people can't. You come around here doing that again you will find yourself NOT coming here anytime soon.

Quote from: *MAFIA* Beetlejuice
Jesus is not dead.  He rose again.  His human body is gone but his spirit remains.  I can talk to any of you about any of this over AIM or ventrilo if you're really interested but posting about it in a forum will go nowhere.  I just think its funny that all of you THINK you know the truth when in fact none of us really do.

Where's your proof? Did you witness this happen? Oh wait, you're talking about that book a bunch of cavemen wrote aren't you? Ah I see.

Elliott Smith

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Beetlejuice and Faith
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2005, 06:06:36 AM »

Quote from: Death.Wish
Yes, I do realize that, but who told man to WRITE the Bible?  The Bible has been around for almost 2,000 years.  I don't think government has anything to do with it from all the way back then.

^Are you kidding me?

-Vanilla, you're from Destin?  I'm from Gulf Breeze.  Coincidence?  I think not.  We were meant to be together.  Love me.

-Ins4n3 is right.  Religion is an anachronism, and using it today is idiotic.  The whole Bible is a farce, and believing it just means you are a wishful thinker - and that's totally human and understandable .  It sucks that we just die, that our consciousnesse s are obliterated - but that's the way it is.  No different from dogs, cats, trees, ladybugs or giraffes; we all. just. die.  God can't expect us to believe and punish us for not if he's programmed us to be skeptics and disbelief in hocus pocus punjabi rubbish - like Himself.  The closest I came to believing in God was when I did acid.  That stuff is killer - esp. when you take 2 hits at once.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 06:17:09 AM by Elliott Smith »

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Beetlejuice and Faith
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2005, 10:49:39 AM »

Quote from: '[DOA
THRILL KILL']now im not a good person and im still alive.  trust me im not a good person in here or real life.  but i still walk the earth and lots of these ppl didn't even say ass, shit, fuck, ect. ect. ect.  there is no god and stop being scared of whats on the other side.  if there is a hell and god shit i bet the devil is a lot cooler then fuck face up high.    STUPID CHURCH FAGS IM OUT!

Wow Jason.  There's a lot of stuff you don't know.  There's more to it than that, but like I said its a conversation that needs to be held elsewhere.  We went through all this same stuff on your forum, but the thread got DELETED.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 11:10:12 AM by *MAFIA* Beetlejuice »

*MAFIA* masebot1

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Mason's art site
Beetlejuice and Faith
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2005, 10:54:36 AM »

The Bible is 10000% correct. k

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Beetlejuice and Faith
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2005, 11:09:38 AM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Ins4n3
Where's your proof? Did you witness this happen? Oh wait, you're talking about that book a bunch of cavemen wrote aren't you? Ah I see.

There is proof.  His life has been accounted for by thousands of people.  It is a fact that Jesus Christ walked the earth; no historian will debate that.  Its just WHO HE WAS and what he did is what gets to topics like these.  You'll read about all kinds of other stuff that happened long ago and believe that, just because people were there and put it in a history book, right?  Or else I guess you could just sit in class and argue about everything the whole time - but most of us just accept it.  There are lots of historic documents that can only be accounted for by several people, and yet we still regard them as truth.  

So to answer your question, no, I obviously did not witness Jesus rising from the dead.  But did you witness it?  See what I'm getting at....Its about faith and believing.  Here's what I believe (aka the "gospel"):

God created man.  Man turned from God in sin.  God sent Christ, his son.  Christ lived and died.  He died for me, you, everyone, to reconcile us to God.  God is holy, perfect.  We are sinful, imperfect.  God desires a relationship with us but we are so filthy in sin and disobedience that a relationship is not possible with such a holy God.  Christ dying for us, in our place, takes our sins, and restores that right relationship with God.  All we are called to do is accept that this happened, and surrender control of our lives, and that's all (Rom 10:9; Heb 12:9).  "It is finished.” (John 19:30)  Until a change happens in our lives, we are dead.  We are dead in our sins.  No one is born into a right relationship with God.  Until we realize how sinful we actually are and submit to God in his sovereignty, we are enemies of God (Rom 5:10; Col 1:21).  In submission, we are called to accept that God is God and relinquish control of our lives.  God is the only thing that can satisfy us.  We were created for his pleasure, for us to have a relationship with him.  

C.S. Lewis had a firm grasp on this concept.  In his book Mere Christianity, he writes, "If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."  God wants us to understand this and chase after him.  There is no way that we are going to be able to earn our way into a relationship with God.  If we could, there was no reason for Him to send His son to die on the cross for our sins (John 3:16).  Another good book is "More Than A Carpenter" by Josh McDowell.

I'm not saying to go start reading the Bible and these other books, but it would help you to be more knowledgable on the subject.  I haven't read the entire Bible myself.  But thats not the point.  The point is I and some others believe this is the truth and some of you don't.  We're not here trying to "save" you.  Thats not how it works.  We tell you the truth and pray for you and the rest is up to God to change your heart and up to you to make the decision.

If you are seriously wanting to learn more or even argue more, I'd be glad to.  You can email me at beetlejuice@mafiaowns.com, send me a PM, talk to me on Ventrilo, or send me an instant message on AIM (tjcrowley913).  And if you're lucky I'll give you my phone number and we can talk/argue about it.  

Now I know all of you are going to reply and say all the usual stuff.  I've heard it all before, I use to say the same things.  I guess its just a matter of having the last word, which I could care less about.  This is just going to go back and forth forever with everyone repeating themselves and should eventually get moved to spam.  I've seen what you have to say and I know how to go back and re-read.  So go ahead and reply back and bash me and/or my religion, I'm done posting on this thread.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 11:47:37 AM by *MAFIA* Beetlejuice »

*MAFIA* Vanilla

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Beetlejuice and Faith
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2005, 11:52:22 AM »

that was well put. closed
[

MeZmoriZe

• Forum Member
  • The Emo Wonder
    • View Profile
Beetlejuice and Faith
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2005, 12:29:11 PM »

Nice job Beetlejuice, you explained it perfectly.

Toblerone

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Beetlejuice and Faith
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2005, 02:49:10 PM »

"A thorough reading and understanding of the Bible is the surest path to atheism" - Donald Morgan

Yeah lets move this to spam, I want to keep it going without whoring the good section.

Do you not want us to reply because you dont want us to spread the word of Atheism? Or should I say the non-word. Your allowed to post huge fucking posts about how good christianity is...why cant we post huge fucking posts about how much is blows? This isnt fucking china, I respect your beliefs, and if your going to preach to me by quoting the bible. I will preach to you. And in public.

Enough Said.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
Beetlejuice and Faith
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2005, 05:50:32 PM »

You can say anything you all like but when it goes to "Your beliefs suck" then I am going to close this everyone has the god given right and freedom to believe in what they want if someone wants to worship money so what when the end comes all will be corrected.

So again any of you start craping on each other due to what the other wants to believe in and I will close this thread and not allow any more like it. Keep it civil keep it open minded and most of all keep the right to belief free.

Blacksheep_1

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Beetlejuice and Faith
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2005, 08:12:30 PM »

wow...    i just wanted to thank him...

[DOA] THRILL KILL

Beetlejuice and Faith
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2005, 08:44:21 PM »

AAAHAHAHAHAHA. ... ins4n3,  your talking about our clans maturity. ok, yeah were imatur, ok buddy.  and all i hear is a baby getting there feeling hurt.  oh boo hoo he called me a church fag.  go cry to yur mom u fucking baby.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
Beetlejuice and Faith
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2005, 08:52:46 PM »

Well jason I can pretty much asume your gone so this is my goodbye if you are it wont be my choice but someone elses so I do hope you find some peace in life as you most likely wont find it here buh bye.

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Beetlejuice and Faith
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2005, 10:16:30 PM »

OK lets break this down. You say I'm immature, theres your first mistake. Responding with the same insult I used is about as childish as you can get. Without of course calling me a "poopy head". Second of all, at least I can put together a comprehensible sentence that doesn't slaughter the English language.

I didn't call you a church fag, I was restating the childish comment you made. I simply was trying to keep the peace in this thread which you seem so intent on disrupting.

So as my final comment to you:

Have fun. Elsewhere.

RoadKill

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Beetlejuice and Faith
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2005, 09:57:34 AM »

WOW! God has really made an imprint on society today. You look at what everyone has wrote and everyone has something different to say. And now you know why some people think that other people's beliefs are a bunch of bull shit. This is how war's get started. I think that if americans want to find a culprit for all of this shit, just look at a map of asia and bomb afghanistan. They are the problem lol. Bomb saddam, those mother fuckers. I'm done ranting, my fingers hurt.

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 27 queries.