*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 07, 2024, 12:42:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: The universe  (Read 52372 times)

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
Re: The universe
« Reply #150 on: August 30, 2007, 12:21:30 PM »

I can see now this is pointless, no way to have a good debate with such morons around...

*MAFIA* [StimPH]

« Reply #151 on: August 30, 2007, 12:25:55 PM »

i think that everyone who you cant have a good debate with should be kicked out of the clan.

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 30, 2007, 12:30:39 PM »

I agree stimph the universe does not have an end, it does go on forever, and to think god has named each and every star, planet is just a mind blower.
I thought the astronomist that finds them names them, but most of them are named after Roman and Greek gods because the Romans/Greeks named most of them in the first place and its now the policy of the Atronomical community to do the same. But Mercury is named after Mercurius which in Roman means to move swiftly. Also all the satellites(Moons) of Uranus are named after characters from Shakespeare plays Ie. Ariel, Oberon, Miranda, Juliet etc Because the guy who discovered them John Herschel was apparently a big Shakespeare fan.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 12:33:46 PM by *MAFIA* Dune Surfer »

*MAFIA* MAGGOT

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
  • OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 30, 2007, 06:55:49 PM »

maggot don't make me remove your posting rights...
Rodger

"At some point in their lives, 1 in 6 children will be abducted by the dutch." ~The fact core, Portal 2.

*MAFIA* Capsloc

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Elusive Gamers
« Reply #154 on: August 30, 2007, 10:18:12 PM »

maggot don't make me remove your posting rights...

I agree stimph the universe does not have an end, it does go on forever, and to think god has named each and every star, planet is just a mind blower.
yeah, makes you wonder how people don't believe in a god when things are just so perfect, for example the distance from the earth to the sun, if we were a couple of miles in difference, life on earth would not be possible, now tell me, how does a big bang happen to be so perfect?

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #155 on: August 31, 2007, 02:14:51 AM »

Let alone look at how complex we are.

*MAFIA* Hellraiser

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.miller.14855377?sk=wall
« Reply #156 on: August 31, 2007, 02:45:30 AM »

I thought the astronomist that finds them names them, but most of them are named after Roman and Greek gods because the Romans/Greeks named most of them in the first place and its now the policy of the Atronomical community to do the same. But Mercury is named after Mercurius which in Roman means to move swiftly. Also all the satellites(Moons) of Uranus are named after characters from Shakespeare plays Ie. Ariel, Oberon, Miranda, Juliet etc Because the guy who discovered them John Herschel was apparently a big Shakespeare fan.
  hahahahahaha you said Uranus.  Anyway, I am one of those people who doesn't believe in a god.  There is perfect scientific reasoning behind why the earth, and the moon, as well as other planets are aliened.  It is there gravitational pull.  There is proof of evaluation, there is no proof of god.  If you look at everything that happen through out history there is a scientific reason.  Their is no bases, other than beliefs that there is a god.  The whole believing in a higher power, is what drives people to do something in this life.  They don't want to believe that everything they do is for nothing.  They think that if they choose the right path it will lead them into the pearly gates.  Wrong!!  There is a chain of events that is set into motion by even the smallest detail.  Yes, some of us do choose the path we go down, but some of us don't have a chose.  It has to do with the environment we are born into.  Not everyone can chose to be good.  Some chose to live and to do so they may have to do something, what other people deem as bad, but they have to do it to survive.  Anyway, I do believe that the universe is endless.  Also that we will never be able to comprehend it's vastness.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #157 on: August 31, 2007, 03:13:14 AM »

I feel so sorry for you :( evidence of God is all around you, the perfection in his work, the love he used in making this planet so perfect for us. There is no way, any person can honestly sit and tell me some chain of events just happen to make it all perfect. There is just no way. And no way for the earth to just rotate, in such a perfect manner with the sun and moon to create seasons, no way can it just happen the moon is set perfect to effect the tides, and climate of the oceans and rifts.

There is no way possible for any chain of events or any way any person can honestly give a reason why, except some half ass story they think is right. My answer is yes there is indeed a God and his name is Jehovah.

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 31, 2007, 09:18:51 AM »

Well lets say that if god does exist and he created this "perfect" world. Then the Devil must of created Man, because all we do is fuck it up.  ???

*MAFIA* Capsloc

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Elusive Gamers
« Reply #159 on: August 31, 2007, 09:27:34 AM »

lol dune, the only reason why we are not perfect is because of adam and eve, once the devil fooled them into eating the specified fruit, we were all doomed with sin, but since Jesus gave his life for us, we are granted with forgiveness for all of our sins, well for those who are really sorry for what they have done at least.

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 31, 2007, 09:40:28 AM »

lol dune, the only reason why we are not perfect is because of adam and eve
So we're all inbred and should be the same color, right? If two people created everyone, then there wouldn't be too much variation in our DNA, and we'd be pretty messed up if two people (adam and eve) had kids, those kids had sex with each other and had kids/nephews and nieces....so on and so on.

And there wouldn't be race variation. Or people who live on islands. Or dinosaurs.
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 31, 2007, 10:19:21 AM »

This is why I think If there was a God, The Devil made Man:

First off they say God is above and the Devil is below, Heaven and Hell right.
Then how come all the things we prize most in this world such as Diamonds, Oil, Precious metals and Uranium we have to dig down deep for and are unnecissary luxuries we can do without.             
       But the things that sustain life ie. the things above ground we destroy such as trees, rivers and animals etc. Its like we subconciously want to return to Hell or make the Earth as close to Hell as we can...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 10:21:18 AM by *MAFIA* Dune Surfer »

Lightning

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 31, 2007, 07:47:52 PM »

The things on top of the earth replenish themselves.  In the US we plant more trees than we cut down.  The animals were put her for food.  The life cycle keeps all that in check.  Lots of rivers at least where I'm from were created by man from the lakes and aqueducts that we created. 

So we're all inbred and should be the same color, right? If two people created everyone, then there wouldn't be too much variation in our DNA, and we'd be pretty messed up if two people (adam and eve) had kids, those kids had sex with each other and had kids/nephews and nieces....so on and so on.

And there wouldn't be race variation. Or people who live on islands. Or dinosaurs.

Wasser I think if you read Genesis 11: The building of the Tower of Babel.  It describes why there are multiple races and languages.  God purposefully divided everyone put them on different places in the world and changed the languages.

I happen to think dinosaur's were here before man.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 07:49:53 PM by *MAFIA* Lightning »

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 31, 2007, 08:39:40 PM »

adam and eve were dinosaurs.

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 31, 2007, 09:13:34 PM »

you didn't answer the huge question though...if we all came from two people, then we're all inbred correct? Sorry, i must've missed the genesis 1:1 thingy, but i'm sure there's some legitimate reason for black/white/yellow/brown/red people coming from two brown people (adam and eve were middle eastern correct?).

And dinosaurs were here before man, did god make them? Also carbon dating kind of proves the whole millions of years thing, a bit longer than how old the bible tells us the world is.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 30 queries.