*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 13, 2024, 08:54:41 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: DirectX 11  (Read 2560 times)

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
DirectX 11
« on: July 21, 2008, 02:18:02 PM »

Microsoft to Unveil DirectX 11 Features Soon

Xbitlabs reported that unlike DirectX 9, the DirectX 10 will not have a more than four year lifespan as Microsoft Corp. plans to introduce features of DirectX 11 application programming interface at the forthcoming XNA gamefest conference that takes place next week in Seattle, Washington. Moreover, ATI, graphics product group of AMD, and Nvidia Corp. also plan to discuss certain Direct3D 11 features at upcoming conferences.

Microsoft is going to host four sessions dedicated to Direct3D 11 application programming interface (API), according to agenda of XNA conference. The world’s largest software maker plans to introduce the Direct3D 11 graphics pipeline, unveil details about D3D 11 Tessellation capability, new type of shaders called Compute Shader as well as high level shader language 5.0.

According to Microsoft, Direct3D 11 extends and enhances Direct3D 10 with new hardware and API calls. For example, Direct3D 11 introduces the Compute Shader as a way to access this computational capability without so many constraints. It opens the door to operations on more general data-structures than just arrays, and to new classes of algorithms as well. Key features of compute shader include: communication of data between threads, and a rich set of primitives for random access and streaming I/O operations. These features enable faster and simpler implementation s of techniques already in use, such as imaging and post-processing effects, and also open up new techniques that become feasible on Direct3D 11–class hardware.

It is interesting to note that Microsoft did not reveal whether DirectX 11 will support processing of physics on GPUs, though, chief of software developers relations at AMD’s graphics product group implied last year that more generalized approach to programming of Microsoft’s next-gen API will indeed open the doors to physics processing on graphics chips.

ATI and Nvidia will also host sessions dedicated to DirectX 11 hardware tessellation at XNA and Siggraph, which indicates that the feature is going to be one of the key capabilities of forthcoming API and DX11-class graphics processing units. It is interesting to note that ATI’s session about tessellation at XNA will cover both “current architectures and Direct3D 11”, which may mean that even the tessellation engine inside ATI Radeon HD 4800-series is not DX11-compatible.

The DirectX 11 should be compatible with both Windows Vista and Windows 7 since Microsoft officially said that it has no plans to change driver model in its next-generation operating system. Therefore, it is logical to expect the arrival of DirectX 11 both ahead or after the launch of Windows 7, as the releases of the two products do not seem to be aligned.

It is unknown when ATI and Nvidia plan to launch hardware compatible with DirectX 11 application programming interface.

IronMan

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: DirectX 11
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 04:10:09 PM »

Ok, I didnt read one sentence of that Bill gays stuff but it seems like DirectX11 is here?
I didnt even know there was a 10..9 Here because Xp2 :)

Loaded

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 05:06:38 PM »

Don't worry sondre your not missing a thing. I am not sure of any games that are running DX10 but just one, Flight Simulator X (made by MS of course), there could be more I just don't know of them. AND you must be running Vista to use dx10. IMO DX11 is just a way that MS is trying to get the "gaming" people over to Vista (or that new so called OS they are working on, you know like "98"/"2000" os bullshit days)... Hell, never mind the hardware that could be needed.

Once a see some "good" games showing DX10, then I'll worry about a new OS and the dx11, until then I am staying with my XP with SP3. But in the mean time, I think it is a better bet I will just go over to a gaming console before it ever happens.

IronMan

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 05:29:31 AM »

Ahh I see, but Vista sucks anyway..

*MAFIA* Ricardo

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 10:34:35 AM »

Ahh I see, but Vista sucks anyway..

Yeah vista is a shit program ! Take off it if u can dude .

IronMan

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 12:25:12 PM »

Yeah vista is a shit program ! Take off it if u can dude .

No needed :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) I dont have it alltought the design looks cool..

*MAFIA* MAGGOT

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
  • OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 01:03:57 PM »

@loaded, doesnt crysis run in dx10?

"At some point in their lives, 1 in 6 children will be abducted by the dutch." ~The fact core, Portal 2.

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 02:07:48 PM »

@loaded, doesnt crysis run in dx10?

Yes it does. So do these.

* Crysis
    * Shadowrun
    * World in Conflict
    * Alan Wake
    * Flight Simulator X: Adrenaline
    * Unreal Tournament 3
    * Hellgate: London
    * Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
    * Bioshock
    * Eve Online
    * Call of Juarez (with patch)
    * Lost Planet: Extreme Condition

Loaded

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 02:35:16 PM »

I have to assume there has been update patches on most of those game to run DX10?

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 02:59:34 PM »

I have to assume there has been update patches on most of those game to run DX10?

No I'm pretty sure they were made with DX10, so no patch required except for that Call of Juarez one. There is another list I saw of games that are working on support of DX10 but I'm not sure if they have updated that or not since I don't play any of these. From the website \/

Games that will likely support DirectX 10, but are not confirmed
    *  Starcraft 2
      * Dev team is working on DX10 support.
    * Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway
      * Using Unreal Engine 3, which the latest release utilises DX10.
    * Gears of War
    * Universe at War: Earth Assault
    * Warhound
    * Chrome 2
    * Guild Wars 2

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 04:14:08 PM »

Interesting, you can get E's called DirectX now. Kinda interesting to the extent that criminals are now focussing their brand names on whats familiar to their most populuar users lifestyles and acivities.

Anyway Back on Topic:

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 28 queries.