*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 06, 2024, 06:06:46 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Religious Debate  (Read 4435 times)

*MAFIA* Balthazar

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Religious Debate
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 03:54:34 PM »

I've got this crazy ass theory.

Postmortem delusions.

It has been proven that the human brain holds a charge long after death. Cells grow and die long after you die.

With this known I thought... "If the human mind holds a charge, do this mean thought doesn't dissipate even though life functioning organ's have failed?"

What if, the theories we all have built up over time are active in our minds after we are clinically dead?

For instance... If you believe in a heaven filled with clouds, angels, e.t.c then your mind would produce these experiences for you.

Dissect at your leisure.

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 04:50:15 PM »

The brain does still compute well after organ failure and I agree....If its been drilled into your head your whole life that when you die you see a bright light at the end of a tunnel. There's a pretty good chance that's the experience your imagination will construct for you when you finally check out.

*MAFIA* Hellraiser

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.miller.14855377?sk=wall
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 05:25:45 PM »

The brain does still compute well after organ failure and I agree....If its been drilled into your head your whole life that when you die you see a bright light at the end of a tunnel. There's a pretty good chance that's the experience your imagination will construct for you when you finally check out.
I agree with your theroy.  I actually have been dead for something like 30 some seconds, and I didn't see no white light.  I do remember hot though.  Weird.  Just kidding, but there is no white fucking light.  That is bullshit. 

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2008, 09:19:33 PM »

another religion thread sigh...

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2008, 09:58:50 PM »

Agreed religous debates are almost pointless. You most likely wont prove each others beleifs wrong. But whatever arguments are fun =] http://zeitgeistmovie.com/ Is a good movie on conspiracys and religion if your into that kind of stuff
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 10:23:48 PM by 702 »

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2008, 11:53:25 PM »

For me, it kind of pisses me off when i'll ask a co-worker of mine (he's jehova witness) and i said to him, "so, based on the teachings of the bible, only christians will go to heaven, that true?" He replied, "sure, that's what it says." So then i said "well what about people who are pretty much saintly, but aren't christian. You know, like Ghandi, or Mother Teressa, just because they don't practice the same branch of Christianity as you do, you can't really deny that they were good people who tried to help out everyone they could. But....they're still going to hell?" He said, "yup."

Yeah, I don't understand that either.

And Hell, that is fucking crazy.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 11:55:32 PM by *MAFIA* ßlÃ¥kjáx »

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2008, 05:19:48 AM »

When did you die Hell?

Seeing as no-one has ever been to Hell and talked about it, the prospect of going there really doesn't seem that scary. I mean, which funny guys made this stuff up in the first place anyways? I can just imagine if they were still alive today:

"Dude, dude, you'll never ghess what, you know that shit I made up about Hell lol. People have only gone and prayd to that God guy you made up for 1000's of years to avoid going there lol"

"No shit, from that book, what was it called now err 'The What's Right and Wrong Bibliography of Tales for kids'? damn dude, we should have brought out a dvd or something"

"No we agreed Bible was shorter and more catchy, anyway too late man, this guy called Mel Gibson beat us to it"

"Well that fucker should be paying us royalties"

"Well he would be if you'd remembered to sign it you idiot"
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 07:20:53 AM by *MAFIA* Dune Surfer »

*MAFIA* Hellraiser

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.miller.14855377?sk=wall
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2008, 05:33:20 AM »

I died 4 years ago.  They were doing a procedure where they feed a cathode up into my heart which could send an electrical charge through the tip.  They had to cauterize one of the pathways in my heart cause I had this weird ass heart condition called Wolf Parkensins White syndrome.  (I know I fucked the spelling up).  Anyway, the accidentally sent the electrical charge to the wrong part of my heart and BAM, I am dead.  They had to use the paddles on me to jump start my heart.  Once they brought me back to life, then they actually hit the right spot and fixed it.  Fucking Army Doctors.  LOL. 

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2008, 08:53:13 AM »

"Which passages of scripture should guide our public policy?" Obama asked in the speech. "Should we go with Leviticus, which suggests slavery is OK and that eating shellfish is an abomination? Or we could go with Deuteronomy, which suggests stoning your child if he strays from the faith? Or should we just stick to the Sermon on the Mount?

Religion has no purpose in modern society, any person confused about moral values only has to ask their parents, friends or teacher for guidance. Now religion is just a life style or culture club for whoever finds themselves in a religious social arena(normally forced upon them by birth).  Ultimately it would be awesome if an athiest gained presidency so the rest of the world can rest knowing some nut that believes in Santa claus, tooth fairies and God doesn't have the keys to nuclear bombs that could destroy us all. I'm amazed how politicians still have to confirm their allegiance to god in this day an age to gain votes.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 06:29:27 PM by *MAFIA* Beatlejuice »

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 27 queries.