*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 06, 2024, 10:48:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Marijuana  (Read 5366 times)

*MAFIA* BassSlappa

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Music Keeps me Going
    • View Profile
Marijuana
« on: July 31, 2010, 09:25:15 PM »

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9077214414651731007#

Kinda long but very interesting. What does mafia think about it?

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Marijuana
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 01:37:40 AM »

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9077214414651731007#

Kinda long but very interesting. What does mafia think about it?
I think I am smoking some right now.

[X]-TasY`

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 06:41:14 AM »

Hemp for victory

*MAFIA* Balthazar

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 07:32:08 AM »

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 10:33:23 AM »

Stigmas surrounding weed are ridiculous. I've been smoking it for years, and within the last 2 years I've been almost solely vaporizing it so there aren't any detrimental affects on my lungs.

The whole stereotype about people who smoke weed daily is they're fat, lazy, and stupid people who have no job and mooch off of society. I'm not fat, I'm in college, have a job, grow my own 'product' and pay my bills.

I'm a recreational user first, and a medical user second (have insomnia, runs in the family), and I see no reason for it to be considered more of a danger than alcohol or tobacco. I know people who have died from alcohol, and plenty who have died from tobacco...stil l don't understand the big fuss about pot.

Hell, my dad has been smoking it since college and he's a college grad, worked hard for 38 years then retired, and built our house with my grandpa. Sounds pretty productive for a stoner to me.
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

*MAFIA* BassSlappa

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Music Keeps me Going
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 12:37:48 PM »

Stigmas surrounding weed are ridiculous. I've been smoking it for years, and within the last 2 years I've been almost solely vaporizing it so there aren't any detrimental affects on my lungs.

The whole stereotype about people who smoke weed daily is they're fat, lazy, and stupid people who have no job and mooch off of society. I'm not fat, I'm in college, have a job, grow my own 'product' and pay my bills.

I'm a recreational user first, and a medical user second (have insomnia, runs in the family), and I see no reason for it to be considered more of a danger than alcohol or tobacco. I know people who have died from alcohol, and plenty who have died from tobacco...stil l don't understand the big fuss about pot.

Hell, my dad has been smoking it since college and he's a college grad, worked hard for 38 years then retired, and built our house with my grandpa. Sounds pretty productive for a stoner to me.
Ya i dont smoke it myself but after watching that video and realizing what it said was true (just from knowing people that do smoke it) its pretty stupid that its not legalized. There arent any deaths from weed or even crimes related to a person under the influence of weed, yet hundreds of thousands of people die from tobacco, drunk drivers, and crimes committed by people under the influence of alcohol.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 01:32:43 PM »

Pretty good documentary, "American Drug War"
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CyuBuT_7I4

2 hours long, you might want to get the DVD:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1033467/

Quite interesting...

MaNiX

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 09:53:27 AM »

As many times as I have seen this topic posted all over the place its a wonder why it is not legal. 
Do we have a solid reason why it isnt?

Loaded

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 10:22:04 AM »

As many times as I have seen this topic posted all over the place its a wonder why it is not legal. 
Do we have a solid reason why it isnt?

Money... Think about how much government money would be lost in a year if it was legal, billions? Could never make that up making it legal and taxing it.

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 10:49:40 AM »

Money... Think about how much government money would be lost in a year if it was legal, billions? Could never make that up making it legal and taxing it.
Huh? I was under the impression that taxing it would increase revenue...it's the single largest cash crop in california, my memory is obviously not that great, but I recall a figure somewhere near 4 Billion of untaxed revenue?

I mean it's the easiest shit to grow, literally a weed. Just water and light is required, so how would they lose billions by legalizing it?

*MAFIA* BassSlappa

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Music Keeps me Going
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2010, 11:34:43 AM »

how the fuck could they lose money if it was legal? There are millions and millions of dollars being spent KEEPING it illegal and enforcing the laws against it. If it was legal and taxed, economists predict it would bring in upwards of 7 BILLION dollars.

Loaded

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2010, 12:54:59 PM »

Ok, so they will make billions, how much would this tax be and for what amount of product? Lets go with $100 per ounce tax (remember there IS a tax law right now for medical marijuana), who is going to pay that? Do you think making it legal and putting a tax on it is going to make it ok, no black market to get past the tax, it sure will/would happen. If anything, it will get worse, not better if pot was legal and taxed. Do you think all of a sudden if they make pot legal thousands/millions of people are going to say "cool, I always wanted to get stoned" and start buying it, when they never used it in the 1st place? Are you telling me there is the "client" base for the product RIGHT NOW to support this billions in taxes? If so, then there is a lot of criminals on the streets right now that should be in jail, after all it is an illegal drug.

Hell, I am a smoker and I have been looking all over for short cuts to get past taxes, I just can't find a guy making smokes in his basement for me to get a good deal.

I will agree that maybe a profit would be made, but no where near what "economists predict"...There is just to much of the unknown when it come to this type of thing.

It short it doesn't matter... This has been talked about from the late 1930s (when it became illegal), it didn't become legal back then after the fact and it wont become legal anytime in the future. I would love to see someone go to the Supreme court to fight for this case, I bet there are a lot of stand up lawyers that are just waiting to take this case on.

By the way... If anyone is going to spit out numbers, back them up with a link, farting out some numbers don't do a thing for me... My numbers are guesses, I never said they were fact or backed up by some economist (I bet the same economists that said all is fine in America today, maybe they were stoned when they did both reports)

And Bob... I don't see why "fuck" had to be used. Did I upset you, you felt a little pissed and had to get it out somehow? (not sure why you would take my comment so personnel, are you looking on becoming a pothead?) "How could they lose money if it was legal" would have worked just fine.

This is just one of those threads it doesn't matter what you say, it wont matter... So I will remove myself from this "pointless" discussion/tobic.

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2010, 01:14:45 PM »

I bet there are a lot of stand up lawyers that are just waiting to take this case on.

A doctor 10 minutes away from where I work, Doctor Sazany (sp?) who is also an attorney provides free legal defense to any person in Santa Barbara County who has been prosecuted for any marijuana possession related offense as long as they are a medical marijuana card holder. I'm not gonna bother finding a link because my mom (a nurse) has had patients represented by him in court, for free.

By the way... If anyone is going to spit out numbers, back them up with a link, farting out some numbers don't do a thing for me... My numbers are guesses, I never said they were fact or backed up by some economist (I bet the same economists that said all is fine in America today, maybe they were stoned when they did both reports)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfwJTgsyu5w

this video doesn't give out numbers, but makes a reasonable argument for legalization on the federal level

This is just one of those threads it doesn't matter what you say, it wont matter... So I will remove myself from this "pointless" discussion/tobic.

Well the outcome doesn't matter to me either because it'll be legal for card holders regardless. I was just trying to clear up your earlier post, sorry bob had to come in and put you on the defensive.

*MAFIA* BassSlappa

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Music Keeps me Going
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2010, 02:11:17 PM »

Ok, so they will make billions, how much would this tax be and for what amount of product? Lets go with $100 per ounce tax (remember there IS a tax law right now for medical marijuana), who is going to pay that? Do you think making it legal and putting a tax on it is going to make it ok, no black market to get past the tax, it sure will/would happen. If anything, it will get worse, not better if pot was legal and taxed. Do you think all of a sudden if they make pot legal thousands/millions of people are going to say "cool, I always wanted to get stoned" and start buying it, when they never used it in the 1st place? Are you telling me there is the "client" base for the product RIGHT NOW to support this billions in taxes? If so, then there is a lot of criminals on the streets right now that should be in jail, after all it is an illegal drug.

Hell, I am a smoker and I have been looking all over for short cuts to get past taxes, I just can't find a guy making smokes in his basement for me to get a good deal.

I will agree that maybe a profit would be made, but no where near what "economists predict"...There is just to much of the unknown when it come to this type of thing.

It short it doesn't matter... This has been talked about from the late 1930s (when it became illegal), it didn't become legal back then after the fact and it wont become legal anytime in the future. I would love to see someone go to the Supreme court to fight for this case, I bet there are a lot of stand up lawyers that are just waiting to take this case on.

And Bob... I don't see why "fuck" had to be used. Did I upset you, you felt a little pissed and had to get it out somehow? (not sure why you would take my comment so personnel, are you looking on becoming a pothead?) "How could they lose money if it was legal" would have worked just fine.

lol wtf, i'm not mad. I always say fuck. You of all people should know that by now. And i have no intent on smoking it, so dont go trying to make this personal.

And if it was legal, think of how much the price for it would go down. Instead of having to buy it on a black market where it was either imported or grown illegally in small amounts (making it harder to get ahold of and therefore more expensive) people could buy it at a store where it was grown legally and extremely cheap in huge amounts, driving the price way down. How could black markets compete with that? Even with a tax, it would be a lot cheaper and easier to buy than on a black market or from some dude growing it in his basement.

*MAFIA* Dempy

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • COPPERBOLLOCKS
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2010, 03:33:27 PM »

u should come live here then its been downgraded from class a to b so if you get caught with it you get a slapped wrist thats about it
Defenders may not have air bags but, truth be told, you don't hit things in a Defender you go through them!

Page created in 0.543 seconds with 27 queries.