*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 01, 2024, 10:36:52 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: awesome guitar player  (Read 10958 times)

*MAFIA* LAAZ

awesome guitar player
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2006, 08:33:24 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* ICEMAN
you're fucking retarded, we should ban her for being a fucking nigger.

If there's 1 thing I have, it's music, and she just pissed on it.

Ok thats cool, but tell me you wouldnt hit it....

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
awesome guitar player
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2006, 08:35:38 PM »

Nope i got my chicks :)

Elliott Smith

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
awesome guitar player
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2006, 08:42:28 PM »

Quote from: mulletike
I have to agree... you should at least do some research before you say something like that....  to say that Malmsteen faked that is blasphemy of the worst kind!

She didn't say Malmsteen faked it.  She said the guy on the video faked playing by merely miming the movements of playing guitar while Malmsteen played in the background on television.

Quote from: *MAFIA* ChrisDaKilla
what about nick valensi. ever heard of him? some good songs, google his name. haha. no power chords there.

He is very good, in my opinion.

Also, Yoven: 144.  Bitch.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 09:19:56 PM by Elliott Smith »

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
awesome guitar player
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2006, 08:48:58 PM »

Joe Satriani is my favorite shredder of all time

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
awesome guitar player
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2006, 09:18:51 PM »

so no one like eddie van halen? Oh well, eruption is cool sounding in my opinion. Still not a fan of emo though, the doors owns all.
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

*MAFIA* Capsloc

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Elusive Gamers
awesome guitar player
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2006, 09:21:34 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Wasserfaller
so no one like eddie van halen? Oh well, eruption is cool sounding in my opinion. Still not a fan of emo though, the doors owns all.

for shizzles, van halen rocks, and yes the doors pwn all.  "she lives on love street",  jim morrison was an awesome poet.

ICEMAN

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
awesome guitar player
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2006, 10:36:11 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Elliott Smith
She didn't say Malmsteen faked it.  She said the guy on the video faked playing by merely miming the movements of playing guitar while Malmsteen played in the background on television.
I don't see a TV in the vid.  And, seeing how I know 4 different ways to play that song, he's hitting all the correct frets.

Elliott ---- shred music is something that must be understood.  There's an emotional level only tapped into if you've played the music.  When you play it, you literally feel it through you're fingers.  You're whole body surges with this intense adrenaline rush.  First time I heard malmsteen, I was amazed, but at the same time, I was saying "wtf?!" it's mindless blabber.  Playing it is like learning a new language.  Each note, each bend, has it's own expression, and speaks to you as a vocalist says something to provoke an emotion.

Why not listen to orchestral music?  I do.  Way to keep your mind open and fresh, Elliott.  I'm a shred head, and shred heads, are the only ones who respect all music.  What can actually be defined as music, happens to be what we enjoy.  How many times do I have to tell you that I listen to orchestras? alicia keys? yes please.  Techno, bulgarian wedding music, you name it, I live it, I enjoy it.  Why limit yourself to one genre when so many genre's have so much to offer.  Punk and emo have little to offer.  There are mulitple genres that offer that same feel, 10 times over.  I'm fluent in violin, viola, cello, and bass.  Is that a major achievement, no.  Learn the tuning and you know the instrument.  Why do I choose guitar do you ask?  MORE.  There's more you can do with 7-8 strings, and 24 frets, than you can do with 4-5 strings and limited notes pers string on an orchestral instrument.  There's more techniques, more tones, more chords, more combinations that can be done on a guitar.  Guitars are limitless.  SHRED, music, incorporates a lot of orchestral background music to it.

If you don't want to take the time to understand shred/virtuoso/instrumentals, don't.  But, at the same time, don't say it's useless.  That's like saying German is useless because I don't speak it.

oh yeah, and that vid... I think that might be Shawn Lane.  He was a big guy nearing the end of his life, and played Vigier guitars... that's a vigier... big guy...  speaking of people who really know how to speak with a guitar, Shawn Lane...
i'm joining doa;)

mulletike

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
awesome guitar player
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2006, 10:48:58 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Elliott Smith

He is very good, in my opinion.

Also, Yoven: 144.  Bitch.

Yeah i know, it was a typo

well this is my profile if yo

mulletike

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
awesome guitar player
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2006, 01:00:08 AM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* KrautKiller
Dont you ever say that blink is the same as simple plan!  ICeman dont make me give u (-) rep :)

EMO PWNS YOU ALL!!!!
There are two things in this world that piss me off: Packer fans and Emo kids.
You're breakfast dude
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 01:09:36 AM by mulletike »

Yoven

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
awesome guitar player
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2006, 01:03:02 AM »

I don't see a TV in the vid.  

The TV could be behind the camara, and he could be watching the guitarist on the TV and his movements :)
Nice forum, here is mine:
http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_novel_people/index.php
In need of 3 moderators and also:
NEED LINKS TO THE CHEAPEST PRICED .COM DOMAINS NOW! :)
Need best, cheapest host.
My IQ is 133, whats yours? http://uk.tickle.com/

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
awesome guitar player
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2006, 03:39:37 AM »

Quote from: mulletike
There are two things in this world that piss me off: Packer fans and Emo kids.
You're breakfast dude

I dont mean hawthorne heights or anything like that.  

I do like joe Satriani though

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1296053052279916015&q=joe+satriani

ThaSnyper

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Never2Fast
HE SPEAKETH THE TRUTH...well its a good opinion...
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2006, 04:18:06 AM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* KrautKiller
Joe Satriani is my favorite shredder of all time

+rep

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
awesome guitar player
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2006, 10:20:58 AM »

OH ya

Elliott Smith

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
awesome guitar player
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2006, 03:59:37 PM »

Why limit yourself to one genre when so many genre's have so much to offer.  Punk and emo have little to offer.  There are mulitple genres that offer that same feel, 10 times over.

I thought you only listened to shred music.  I was making the same point you just made.  They have little to offer?  Bad logic.  You need to identify to whom they offer what.  If the answer is "nobody" and "nothing," then you must be blind to the fact that people listen to punk and emo.  Obviously it offers something to somebody, who no doubt wouldn't call the offering "little."  Also, by saying different genres offer the same feel, you're undifferentiat ing them; again, bad logic and worthless rhetoric.

I'm fluent in violin, viola, cello, and bass.  Is that a major achievement, no.  Learn the tuning and you know the instrument.  Why do I choose guitar do you ask?  MORE.  There's more you can do with 7-8 strings, and 24 frets, than you can do with 4-5 strings and limited notes pers string on an orchestral instrument.  There's more techniques, more tones, more chords, more combinations that can be done on a guitar.  Guitars are limitless.

Irrelevant.  All off topic blather.  A rant.  What I said was that instead of understanding the orchestration within a guitar, focus on the orchestration within a group of instruments.  To me, that creates more interesting music and employs theory knowledge more productively.  As an aside, I encourage you to think forwardly, not backwardly.  Instead of unlocking the codes of music past and simply reveling in their complexity and genius, build.  Don't merely take apart and reassemble.  Build what has not before been built.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 04:05:39 PM by Elliott Smith »

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
awesome guitar player
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2006, 04:07:48 PM »

I just found a new type of music ( ambient)  :)

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 28 queries.