*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 11, 2024, 01:28:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Formspring  (Read 1867 times)

Dymdez

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Formspring
« on: April 15, 2010, 06:48:13 PM »

I'm sure alot of you have heard of this website, or even have an account. I do not, but many of my friends do. I was reading alot of the posts and it's basically people just bashing each other. Well, I was wondering if there was any possible way to get any information about the "anonymous" user just from their post. Like tracking someone's IP. I'm very curious and I would love to see some people's faces if they were busted. I know alot of you guys are very intelligent with computers (Waffle, Roshan, etc.) and thought you could maybe shed some light on this.

Waffleboy

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Formspring
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 03:55:46 PM »

I've never used the site (I've heard of it though), but almost certainly no.  I'm sure formspring has a log of every poster's IP address, but I seriously doubt there is a way for someone else to access them.  So short of a subpoena, I wouldn't think there would be any way for you to find out who is posting.

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 04:42:45 PM »

Yea, basically what Waffle said. They would only reveal the identity to law enforcement or an ISP if it was something serious.

Why do you care who said what on that? It's just another stupid site with stupid people. A lot of people need to learn that if they can't handle something on the internet that's normal (not shock site, gruesome pics, ...), they probably shouldn't be on the internet in the first place. It's kinda like when little kids play a game and then actually cry when they get owned. It just tells you that they shouldn't be on in the first place if they can't handle it. Tell your friends to accept criticism.

Dymdez

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 02:06:24 PM »

Yea, basically what Waffle said. They would only reveal the identity to law enforcement or an ISP if it was something serious.

Why do you care who said what on that? It's just another stupid site with stupid people. A lot of people need to learn that if they can't handle something on the internet that's normal (not shock site, gruesome pics, ...), they probably shouldn't be on the internet in the first place. It's kinda like when little kids play a game and then actually cry when they get owned. It just tells you that they shouldn't be on in the first place if they can't handle it. Tell your friends to accept criticism.

I never said I cared. I'm just a very curious person. Thank you though, both of you, for the insight.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 28 queries.