*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 21, 2024, 09:19:52 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: New movie  (Read 3876 times)

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
New movie
« on: January 03, 2008, 12:58:16 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajBR0dq0XXk

Interesting. Movie about gays and the bible. Bible vs. Gays, round one. Discuss.

Here was a quote on the comments page for this video, i didn't write it.

"If Jesus existed (not proven) he was a rabbi called Yeshua ben Yesuph. He wasnt a Christian and never mentioned any new religion being formed after his death. What you follow are the doctrines af a group of men who never met him. Paulian thought is what you follow. Invented to convert Romans and secure the new cult."

Keep it respectful people, no bullshit posts like "ZOMG U HATE BIBLE U GO FOR TO HELL FAGGOTS BUTTSECKS!"
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

*MAFIA* OUTLAW

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Deus Absconditus
    • View Profile
Re: New movie
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 04:51:10 AM »

I'll keep it respectful and just say there is some stuff to disbelieve in that video. God does hate fags tho.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 09:16:05 AM »

"If Jesus existed (not proven) he was a rabbi called Yeshua ben Yesuph. He wasnt a Christian and never mentioned any new religion being formed after his death. What you follow are the doctrines af a group of men who never met him. Paulian thought is what you follow. Invented to convert Romans and secure the new cult."

Are you wanting us to respond to that or the video itself?  I really don't understand the meaning of these threads unless it is to gain further knowledge.  If its just to argue or disprove a point then its going to be the same old thing.  I believe in God, that Jesus Christ was his son......I've said that before and I know how most of you feel.  But you don't see me posting stuff and saying stuff about it all the time do you?  If its necessary I will, but don't think all Christians are the ones carrying signs yelling at people, they're not.  The exemplary "Christian" was Jesus, look at how He lived His life if you want to see what a Christian should be. 

Saying that Jesus never existed as the first point, everything else after that cannot be accounted for because almost the entire Bible is about Jesus.  If you don't believe even that he existed as a human on this Earth then you might as well not believe in any historical figure ever unless there's a photograph or video of him/her.  That's just silly.  What we get most of our history from is writing, hence the Bible.  Jesus didn't walk around saying he was creating a new religion because that wasn't the point of him coming here.  Paul didn't write the entire new testament, so "Paulian" or whatever you want to call it, is not what Christians follow.

The video barely mentions the bible and when it does, its the old testament, a law which isn't really the emphasis anymore.  I'm not going to get into all the details because it'd take forever and would be a lot of typing.  If you really want to talk about it in depth come on ventrilo.  I'll try to sum it up - Yeah, the Bible speaks of killing and is anti-gay, but that is because God is just.  He cannot be God if he is not a just God, if there is no "penalty" for sin.  What is sin?  An act against God.   The old testament speaks more clearly about laws and rules.  Read the book of Leviticus, its crazy and we don't do most of that stuff anymore.  That's because Jesus came and established a new law.  He did not do away with old laws, but his sacrifice for us revealed the grace and forgiveness available to us.

In Exodus 20 you have the 10 commandments from the Old Testament, given by Moses from God.  In the New Testament Jesus has three commandments (there are others but these are the main ones):  "And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these." - Mark 12:30/31.  This one is also known as the Great Commission:  "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” - Matthew 28:18-20

Getting back on the topic of homosexuality. ....Jesus does not speak out about gays directly.  You'll hear a lot of them say "What did Jesus say about gays?  Nothing."  Maybe you can count that as true, only if you wanted him to say "Gays are bad" or whatever.  Here's what the old testament says in Genesis 1 & 2 -  "So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them."  and  "Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh." 

Here's what Jesus said, "And He answered and said to them, 'Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning 'made them male and female,'"  - Matthew 19:4.  And, "But from the beginning of the creation, God 'made them male and female.'"  - Mark 10:6......When Jesus said these things, he was being asked questions about marriage.  His reference of Genesis as the passages on marriage leaves no doubt to me and many others as to the outcome of what marriage should be.

I'm not going to come in here and tell you that AIDS is God's punishment for gays or the war on terror is his punishment on us for whatever.  I don't know the answers to those questions.  Most of what I have said above, other than obviously quoting the Bible, I just came up with from the top of my head.  I'm just going on what I've read and can remember so forgive me if I made any mistakes.  If you'd like to point them out to me I'll try to clear them up.  But that's not the point of this....  I'm not trying to change anyone's mind or argue or anything like that.  I'm just trying to tell you what the Bible says and give the true Christian persepective based on facts/the Bible and not some YouTube video.  There are people much smarter than me and much more well read on the Bible than me that you should probably bringing this discussion to.  Try a Christian forum or something, not the *MAFIA* video game forum, where I am almost the only one defending what we believe. 

But the absolute best thing you can do, is stop trying to disprove every little tiny detail, just read the gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John) and decide for yourself, is there a God, and is/was Jesus his son?  If you believe that, and the Bible, then you are a sinner, and you need to confess that to God and accept Jesus Christ into your life as the savior of your sins.  That's why he died.  Then, after that, read the entire Bible and it'll make much more sense to you.  Live your life for God the best that you can, knowing that you're not perfect.  I've been in your shoes and asked all the questions and doubted and disbelieved, its so much easier to be on that side.  But now that I've learned the truth, I like it so much better on this side.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 09:27:00 AM by *MAFIA* Beatlejuice »

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 10:10:14 AM »

I might check out the bible out of interest I just hope its shorter than your post Beatle  ;)

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 10:17:39 AM »

It's a lot longer than my post Dune, I think you knew that though.  Seriously, if you're interested in it, just read the first four books of the new testament, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.  That's the best place to start.  If you have any questions/disagreements/comments or whatever just let me know and I'll try my best to help out.  But in the end there is little I can do, its just up to you and God.

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 02:04:19 PM »

beetle, i'm not at all directing that at you, but to some other people who sometimes go a little off the handle and post disrespectful things about other peoples religions/beliefs.

This whole video isn't "God is not real lol, christians is bad lol"
it's mainly about how the one short part in the bible that refers to gays is taken so literally by some christian radicals (i'm not talking "the typical christian" but the crazy ass ones that picket soldiers funerals and are total assholes, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Phelps) .

I just thought it was an interesting subject, even though the video is going to obviously be pretty heavily biased. Just wanted to know what your feelings were on the subject, the bible (correct me if i'm wrong) calls for the stoning of gays until they are dead? I have not read it (except the very begining chapters, the first 1/4 of the bible they made us read in grammar school) so i am not making accusations, i was wondering if this is true or not.

Lightning

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 02:19:55 PM »

If you actually read the bible and keep it in context God doesn't hate gays.  He doesn't even hate murderers.  He hates Sin.  Sin is the one thing that separates you from God.  If there was one thing out there that separated you from your children or family would you not hate that, that separates you or hate your children. 

Its the extremists that are looking for something to further there cause.  Its a tool for them to use.  Its very similar to the extreme Islamics that we are fighting today.  This is mostly based on another scripture.  Islamic radicals have taken a scripture out of the bible and taken it out of context and created a tool for war.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 03:58:55 PM »

I say burn all the fags in a big pile and be done with it.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 04:01:27 PM »

OK well I like the idea of how those radicals are trying to live their lives for God, and are trying to influence others....but they are definitely doing it the wrong way.  Its sad.  My reply was half-based on the video and half-based on the quote you posted.  You are right, it is an interesting subject.

In response to the stoning gays in the first 1/4 of the Bible, I honestly don't know.  I've read Genesis, and a bit of Exodus (first two books).  After that, I've only read bits and pieces of the Old Testament.  Not to say that its not important or doesn't serve a purpose, but I focus mainly on the New Testament, especially the life of Jesus.

If you read Genesis, in the town of Sodom and Gomorrah, where homosexuality was being practiced, it rained sulfer.  Basically what that means is "fire" came out of the sky, possibly from an earthquake/volcano, or maybe God just sent it, I'm not sure...

The stoning thing you mentioned brings to mind something that happened to Jesus.  I'll paraphrase from John 8:1-11.  

The Pharisees (teachers of the law) tried to trap Jesus.  They caught a woman in the act of adultery, brought her to Him, and said, "the Law of Moses commands us to stone such women."  And to that, Jesus replied, "If any of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."  He wrote something on the ground, and the men left one by one, leaving Jesus alone with the women.  To her he said, "Has no one condemned you?" - she replied "No one, sir," - and he said "Then neither do I condemn you.  Go now and leave your life of sin."

He did not condone what she had done.  He had forgiven her and told her to turn away from it.  If Jesus told them not to stone her, he would have not have upheld the law.  So instead he disarmed them by giving them a qualification to stone her.  If Jesus did tell them to stone her, he could have been accused of being unsupportive of Roman law, which did not allows Jews to carry out death sentences.

I know that's a little off the subject of gays, but you mentioned stoning and that's how Jesus dealt with it.  Plus I love that quote and that short story.

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 04:39:06 PM »

It's a lot longer than my post Dune, I think you knew that though.  Seriously, if you're interested in it, just read the first four books of the new testament, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.  That's the best place to start.  If you have any questions/disagreements/comments or whatever just let me know and I'll try my best to help out.  But in the end there is little I can do, its just up to you and God.

<3 genesis

*MAFIA* MAGGOT

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
  • OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 05:42:36 PM »

I could care less what people decide to do in life. If they decide to be gay......so be it, let them do as they want seeing as they will only live once. As long as they do not push there beliefs or religion on me, i could care less.

"At some point in their lives, 1 in 6 children will be abducted by the dutch." ~The fact core, Portal 2.

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 01:26:25 AM »

amen to that, i was just blown away that these people (pretty much all extremists) try to carry out mindless acts of violence in the name of God/Jesus/Allah, who in the first place preached non-violence and acceptance.

And bone, i seriously hope you don't mean that. How can you say you're a true Christian when you think genocide is okay?

It's that kind of thinking that gives me the chills. 

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2008, 02:21:27 PM »

? lol I hate fags, nasty creatures to me.

MeZmoriZe

• Forum Member
  • The Emo Wonder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2008, 09:43:44 PM »

? lol I hate fags, nasty creatures to me.
Is that why you banned Phantom?

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2008, 09:56:38 PM »

I banned phantom? wtf is that supposed to mean?

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 28 queries.