*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 02, 2024, 01:31:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Help with refresh rate please  (Read 1414 times)

Ransom

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Help with refresh rate please
« on: July 12, 2008, 04:42:17 PM »

Hey everyone, I am in need of a little help.  I have just recieved my new laptop for college and seem to be getting constant refresh rates of 59 on every resolution.  Ive installed the latest driver for my graphics card and it still doesnt change the rate.  Ive also tried creating a new custom resolution with refresh rates of 60 through the Nvidia Control Panel but they all seem to fail.  Anyone got anything to help.

Listed specs of my laptop:

Windows Vista Home Premium  :(
Intel Core Duo CPU T9300 @ 2.5GHz
4.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT

Anything else needed just post and I will find it for you.

Please anyone help with this refresh rate problem.  Since the BF series only works with a rate of 60htz or higher I wont be able to play untill this is fixed.

Thanks

Loaded

Re: Help with refresh rate please
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 08:01:47 PM »

Drivers for the monitor, not the GPU. Give that a try.

I don't have Vista, so I am not sure how or where to go, but I would update like in XP. Device Manager, then "monitors", then "Driver", I would put money on it, the driver is controlled by MS and not the the company that made the screen on you lap top.

Who makes this laptop? I would go to their web site 1st and see if something is there for you.

HaVoK

• Forum Member
  • Gone
    • View Profile
Re: Help with refresh rate please
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 08:42:30 AM »

It's a Dell Inspiron 1720.  There are no display drivers for this on Dell's website and I am clueless on where to go with this.

The video driver should work and there is a setting in the Nvidia control panel for this where you can customly set your own resolution to 60 (which you NEED that or above to play BF games), but for what ever reason when you test it, it won't take.

The monitor driver is controlled by Microsoft and from sometime in 2006.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 28 queries.