*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 03, 2024, 11:15:50 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Overall impressions?  (Read 3283 times)

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Overall impressions?
« on: October 26, 2011, 10:05:20 PM »

Well..?

I am very curious how it play/looks on a good gaming PC. I am stuck with it on PS3 which isn't terrible...

Biggest problem I have encountered so far other than the occasional freeze; the controls for the planes and choppers are horrendous. They wont allow you to control the yaw and roll on the same stick. Fucking morons... They fly jets with joysticks for a fucking reason. I hope they fix this or I wont be flying on this game... EVER.

BTW- The official setup...

IronMan

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Overall impressions?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 11:31:25 PM »

Nice home teathre!

I only played the beta on my new comp I have the game now it looks great. I have i5-760 Quad 2.80ghz , 4GB ram and 6870HD Radeon 1GB videocard. My 24" screen is full hd but would look better on my 100hz tv.

*MAFIA* Ricardo

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 03:37:39 AM »

It's really nice. I'm so jealous :).

Head Hunter

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 01:05:32 PM »

I am stuck with it on PS3 which isn't terrible...
Same.

Biggest problem I have encountered so far other than the occasional freeze; the controls for the planes and choppers are horrendous. They wont allow you to control the yaw and roll on the same stick. Fucking morons... They fly jets with joysticks for a fucking reason. I hope they fix this or I wont be flying on this game... EVER.
I've never had it freeze, but it has disconnected me from the server a handful of times. The planes are nearly impossible to use correctly, I hope they add joystick support soon. Helicopters aren't too bad but it's still challenging. Sniping however is done well. Having to aim a full line above at 455 yards with the ballistic scope is pretty cool. I just sat on top of a mountain on Khgarg Island and picked off anyone who stopped moving. 499 points for one shot.

Not as impressive but that Sub and speaker setup makes the room shake with explosions and gunfire.

*MAFIA* Malbert

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 03:01:23 PM »

well I played the beta on my laptop and my roommate got the actual game for xbox and I have to admit that even though he has an awesome tv the graphics are better on the laptop.
And yes the flying is horrible for console play.

Waffleboy

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 04:55:08 PM »

For the PC at least, the multiplayer is pretty much perfect.  It's a bit laggy, but that's not surprising considering DICE's history of launches.  Jet control is great with my joystick and the maps rock.

*MAFIA* Kingpin

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • http://thetribusgroup.com
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 04:20:37 PM »

heres my setup...

PC WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER!

and its the best fps ever made

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 05:35:38 AM »

I'll have to BF3 soon, but that soon will probably be after my next pay check in two weeks seeing as I've spent ~$500 getting new internet (fucking early termination/install).

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 06:43:27 AM »

I am very curious how it play/looks on a good gaming PC. I am stuck with it on PS3 which isn't terrible...

As long as you meet the PC requirements, the graphics look awesome.  I think the game play is great.  Every now and then a server will lag or crash, but tha's "normal."  I would recommend purchasing and playing BF3 if your computer can handle it, definitely.

*MAFIA* masebot1

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Mason's art site
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2011, 09:23:05 AM »

If my computer could handle it and would stop display driver crashing. I would get it for the pc too.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 09:25:29 AM »

As long as you meet the PC requirements.. . I would recommend purchasing and playing BF3 if your computer can handle it, definitely.
Let me put it this way.. I went searching through the forums to find the thread I started to get help with building my PC and the forums didn't go back that far... Plus at the time I built it was no where near the top of the line.

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 09:54:31 AM »

Let me put it this way.. I went searching through the forums to find the thread I started to get help with building my PC and the forums didn't go back that far... Plus at the time I built it was no where near the top of the line.
My $400 build can play it medium no problem; the only thing that holds it back is probably the Ram and CPU. Before I got my GTX 460, my other computer could play it with everything High @ ~45 FPS and that's with a dual core and an 8800 GT.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 30 queries.