*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 23, 2024, 03:25:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: And post your thoughts...  (Read 4584 times)

*MAFIA* Hellraiser

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.miller.14855377?sk=wall
Re: And post your thoughts...
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2008, 12:42:57 PM »

Here is one question.  Can anyone say they have been to Iraq before the war, and then once again after the war has started, and then at recent times?  I am just wondering, because, how does everyone have this "KNOWLEDGE", about what we are doing over there?  Correct me if I am wrong, but America lead the invasion into Iraq, right?  What about the other nations that came along for the ride?  Yes, America was the main nation to spear head the whole invasion, but other countries were involved in crossing that border the same time. 

Now, to ask yet another question, where is everyone getting their knowledge about Iraq from, who hasn't been there 2 or 3 times?  The media, correct?  They only tell you what they think you want to hear.  Most of the time it is all negative.  I can tell you from my experiance in Afghanaistan, that they are not telling you the whole story.  I watched the news while I was down range, and paid attention to what was said about shit in Iraq and Afghanistan.  It was a bunch of peice meal shit.  Everyone is entitled to their opinions.  That is cool, but until you actually go there and see what good we are doing in those countries, everyones opinions are crap.

One thing we need to get off of as a nation is the whole "We shouldn't have invaded Iraq".  Well here is some news, we did.  Now we have to deal with it.  Stop bitching about the invasion and try and help be the solution.  Bitching about the past is a complete waste of time.  We have no Marty Mcflys to get in their Delorean and go back and fix it.  Deal with it.  Maybe a bad decsion was made, maybe not.  Who is to tell what other type of top level information was brought to life that none of us will ever know about. 

I personally don't care who the president will be, I don't really follow politics.  However, I feel that no matter which one wins, that the VP will be in charge within the first 2 years.  Mcain will die of a heart attack, and I think Obama will get shot by a white guy, hired by the CIA.  Anyway, I lost track of what this topic is about, and I fucking created it. 

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2008, 12:53:11 PM »

Before going into Iraq their countrys freedom or countrymen wasn't in jeapordy from Iraqi's but they did what they were told and that makes them good citizens.

Invading a country to supposedly bring freedom and democracy to a foreign culture when they don't actually want it.

Jesus, I hate it when people spit bullshit facts they know nothing about. There is no way for you to know that Iraq and other countries don't want us there.  Where do you get your information? TV? Radio? Newspaper? When was the last time the media didn't write a bunch of bullshit to sway decisions for politics? Think about it.

*MAFIA* Hellraiser

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2008, 02:32:52 PM »

Jesus, I hate it when people spit bullshit facts they know nothing about. There is no way for you to know that Iraq and other countries don't want us there.  Where do you get your information? TV? Radio? Newspaper? When was the last time the media didn't write a bunch of bullshit to sway decisions for politics? Think about it.
  That is basically what I was saying, but in a nicer way. 

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2008, 02:58:26 PM »

Here is one question.  Can anyone say they have been to Iraq before the war, and then once again after the war has started, and then at recent times?  I am just wondering, because, how does everyone have this "KNOWLEDGE", about what we are doing over there?.......Now, to ask yet another question, where is everyone getting their knowledge about Iraq from, who hasn't been there 2 or 3 times?  The media, correct?

I'm sure there are plenty of people who can say that.....

People's knowledge may come from friends/family members who have been there, not entirely the media.

*MAFIA* Hellraiser

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2008, 03:10:13 PM »

I'm sure there are plenty of people who can say that.....

People's knowledge may come from friends/family members who have been there, not entirely the media.
  Ok, well then let them answer.  Damn it.  I understand that friends and family, but I am trying to find out who.  Shit, for once let other people answer for themselves.  I am just saying from experience that the media doesn't always report what is right and good.  As of late all the news is turning back to Afghanistan, talking about the high amount of deaths both US and Afghanistians.  However, these numbers haven't increased much if at all.  It is just the news in Iraq is basically played out, and almost everything is getting better over there.  I saw a big difference in Afghanistan with in just the year and a half that I wasn't there.  I was there for 04-05, and then, 07-08.  I say a year and a half because I got back in May of 05 and then left Jan of 08.   

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2008, 04:23:22 PM »

Ok, well then let them answer.  Damn it.  I understand that friends and family, but I am trying to find out who.  Shit, for once let other people answer for themselves.

Who is "them?"  In your reply #14, those questions were not addressed to anyone or any group of people in particular, or not that I could see.  So if I answered that for anybody else, I apologize.  It just seemed like a general question so I was giving a general answer.  I'm not trying to argue with you, or even disagree with you.  I know what you're saying about the media, and I don't think you're wrong...

I don't know how reliable this sorce is, but since 2003, over 4,000 U.S. troops have died - http://icasualties.org/oif/

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2008, 04:31:03 PM »

Here you go right here, these are genuine interviews not presented by News readers or newpaper editors:

What allot the Iraqi's now think: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJAd_1CIMdM

Here's Americans confessing to the shocking damage their doing and maybe why so many Iraqi's have now turned insurgent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL0aKak931k
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 04:33:12 PM by *MAFIA* Dune Surfer »

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2008, 10:22:57 PM »

it all boils down to the fuckwad president and the babies crying, he is the one that bullshitted and lied.

all lives lost and the blood is on that sob's hands...

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 24 queries.